Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Twilight Struggle» Forums » Organized Play

Subject: 2019-A Reddit League: League Starts May1; Register Now rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I'm organizing a Twilight Struggle league on reddit that will start on May 1. Register now if you'd like to participate. https://www.reddit.com/r/twilightstruggle/comments/bakfia/20... All skill levels welcome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey H
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Visit Mount Celeste
badge
You Can Do This!
mbmbmbmbmb
TwilightShackleton wrote:
I'm organizing a Twilight Struggle league on reddit that will start on May 1. Register now if you'd like to participate. https://www.reddit.com/r/twilightstruggle/comments/bakfia/20... All skill levels welcome!

How do you handle game scheduling? If there's a timing issue where two players in a league are just never available, they just agree on a different timing and do it asynchronously? I guess there's no other real way to do it.

I'm considering joining, but it sure is a commitment and I don't want to over-commit.

It's also interesting that you're using +2 USA and random selection by default. Is there a reason you don't use bidding?

Also, if I can play all 7 season games in a weekend (scheduling with others permitted), I could just look on for the rest of the season, right? That would actually be kind of neat, since I tend to binge, then put it down for awhile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Every player is expected to diligently communicate with their opponents in good faith to schedule their games at a mutually convenient date and time. If the players are unable to agree on a date and time to play, the Commissioner shall take whatever action he deems fair and appropriate, including assigning one or both players with replacement opponents, setting the date and time for the game, penalizing one or both players with a forfeit, or choosing a winner by coin flip. The default time limit is 60 minutes, but players are welcome to agree to any other time limit, including asynch, so long as the game ends by July 31 (end of the season). I think random +2 is a better test of skill, as it forces players to play both sides. You can play all 7 games as soon as you get the schedule. But, to keep the league moving along, there will probably be interim deadlines for playing a minimum number of games--2 by end of May, 4 by end of June, and all 7 by end of July.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hank Burkhalter
United States
Duluth
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no playdek 60 minute game (each side has 60 minutes). There is a 90 minute game, did you mean 90 minute? Or if there is a 60 minute game I dont see how to set it up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Wilkens
United States
Bloomington
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The 60 minute time limit is enforced by the players. You play a 90-minute game, and if someone goes under 30 minutes of time remaining, they lose.

Players can agree to play out the game at that point, but the result remains the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am very unfamiliar with how Reddit works.
If the tournament was scheduled to start on May 1st, where is the schedule?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Registration for the 2019-A RTSL is closed, but there should be a new season starting September 1. Look for a registration post on https://www.reddit.com/r/twilightstruggle/ around the end of July-beginning of August. If you're just curious about this season even though it's too late to join, see https://www.reddit.com/r/twilightstruggle/comments/bidom6 /2019a_reddit_twilight_struggle_league_rules_and/ (70 players in nine divisions).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am registered for this season but never got any memo on where the schedule was posted.
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls