Res Arcana» Forums » Rules

Subject: Coral Castle / Check victory condition rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Criscuolo Philippe
France
TRAMOYES
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Age of Steam fanMicrobadge: Twilight Imperium fanMicrobadge: Train GamerMicrobadge: Game ExplainerMicrobadge: Caylus fan
Hi, when you play coral castle to check victory condition, what happens if nobody wins ? The turn is immediately over, or it continues ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raphaël Langella
France
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Race for the Galaxy fanMicrobadge: Mage Knight fanMicrobadge: Quantum fanMicrobadge: Geek RegularMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek Veteran
the turn continues, so it's pointless to use it unless you have at least 10 VP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Criscuolo Philippe
France
TRAMOYES
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Age of Steam fanMicrobadge: Twilight Imperium fanMicrobadge: Train GamerMicrobadge: Game ExplainerMicrobadge: Caylus fan
Thank for the reply, but : in thee rulebook, after checking victory condition, you have to end the turn...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bankler
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Keep Summer Safe!"
Microbadge: Rebuilding the Infinity EngineMicrobadge: Res Arcana fanMicrobadge: BloggerMicrobadge: Magic Realm fanMicrobadge: 18xx fan
After checking victory you end the turn if the check was caused by everyone passing the round. Checking with the Castle does not end the turn.

And checking without anyone having 10VP isn’t useless. Sometimes you just don’t want to pass and don’t want to spend anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
Microbadge: Phoenicia fanMicrobadge: Civilization fan
fililip wrote:
in the rulebook, after checking victory condition, you have to end the turn
Incorrect.

From the rules, page 9, Victory, Fine Points: "A player who has claimed the Coral Castle or Sorcerer's Bestiary may use its power to check victory immediately *in the middle of a round* (to win once they have 10+ points and are ahead, before another player gains more points)." (emphasis added)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raphaël Langella
France
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Race for the Galaxy fanMicrobadge: Mage Knight fanMicrobadge: Quantum fanMicrobadge: Geek RegularMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek Veteran
Bankler wrote:
And checking without anyone having 10VP isn’t useless. Sometimes you just don’t want to pass and don’t want to spend anything.
Oh, good point, it can indeed be used to stall, I haven't thought of that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Deouf
France
flag msg tools
Microbadge: I love Puerto Rico!Microbadge: Agricola fanMicrobadge: Azul fanMicrobadge: Splendor fanMicrobadge: Love Letter fan
Do we agree that you can use the Coral Castle when you have only 7 points, if you also have 3 golds and the monument that gives you + 3 points for a victory check ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raphaël Langella
France
flag msg tools
Sure, I don't see why not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R A
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: "I can't be caged...That's why I got the Tiger tattoo."Microbadge: Spirit Island fan - A Spread of Rampant GreenMicrobadge: Chaos in the Old World PeasantMicrobadge: Race for the Galaxy: The Brink of War fanMicrobadge: Happy to be a carbon-based lifeform!
Oops - looks like I've been playing/teaching this wrong - I played it so that at the check whoever had most points wins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
peasant wrote:
Oops - looks like I've been playing/teaching this wrong - I played it so that at the check whoever had most points wins.
Is that not correct? Whenever 'check for victory' happens, whoever has the most over 9 points wins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raphaël Langella
France
flag msg tools
toober wrote:
peasant wrote:
Is that not correct? Whenever 'check for victory' happens, whoever has the most over 9 points wins.
Peasant though that triggering "Check Victory Condition" would end the game even if no one had reach 10 VP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Matt
United States
California
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Res Arcana fanMicrobadge: 10 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Cryptid fanMicrobadge: God of War: The Card GameMicrobadge: Let us become one...
Tomdeouf wrote:
Do we agree that you can use the Coral Castle when you have only 7 points, if you also have 3 golds and the monument that gives you + 3 points for a victory check ?
Yes of cause, I think you can do that, it's a legit move.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls