Subject: Tacoma, WA - 18xx and other heavy games rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Will Schuur
United States
Tacoma
WA
flag msg tools
Hello all. I am putting this out there to gauge interest in starting a Tacoma area game group that focuses on the heavy side of the hobby. Mainly we will be playing 18xx, Splotters, heavy Euros, and some war games.

I am looking to make this a twice a month meetup/game day at a minimum, but would love to get gaming in more often than that.

So if anyone in the area is interested, please post here! If you are ready to dive in, we will be having our first meetup at Terracrux games in downtown Tacoma this Saturday (4/20) starting at 1 PM. Currently we have about 5 people confirmed, but the more the better!

Thanks,
Will
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Garber
United States
Des Moines
WA
flag msg tools
badge
Introverting Extrovertedly
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't often get to play heavier games, but I do quite enjoy them and would be interested in attending this group at least sometimes. Is this the sort of group that is okay with people who only show up occasionally, or are you looking for fully committed players only?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Schuur
United States
Tacoma
WA
flag msg tools
We will take on all comers, no matter how often you can make it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Garber
United States
Des Moines
WA
flag msg tools
badge
Introverting Extrovertedly
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! You may want to consider making an RSVP thread to run a poll for meetups or something, but I'm sure you can get a good crowd going just based on the group buy and math trade groups in the area and all the heavy games I've seen move around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Harris
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will Schuur
United States
Tacoma
WA
flag msg tools
is good people and a pleasure to game with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donovan Brouwer
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi. There is a regular Friday night boardgame group at NW Game Center on 6th ave. Everything from Altiplano to Terraforming Mars. Typically 6 till 10pm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Clearbrook
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Hi Will, I'm getting back into gaming, like medium or heavier games. I'm brand new to 18xx but watched a video on it (1846) and seems quite interesting. You can see my list of games here on BGG. If you need another player in your games, let me know, thx, Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls