Popular Tags: [View All]
Robb Rouse

Virginia
msg tools
badge
Blue Peg, Pink Peg Gaming Podcast
mbmbmbmbmb
During this weeks episode:

1) The Pegs discuss their recent game plays including Paladins of the West Kingdom, Donning the Purple, Guardian’s Call and many more;

2) All the Pegs review the action selection game Tudor; and

3) Look back at Heroes of Land, Air, and Sea.

4) FUN FACT: Pirates make the best accountants.

https://bluepegpinkpeg.com/2019/04/22/episode-145-tudor/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Graves
United States
Grants Pass
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, just started listening to the episode. Patrick is talking about sending cuss outs in a variety of options: PG, PG-13, Hard R, and it got me to thinking about our Pirate friends who may be calling on your services. Are you prepared to offer a Hard Arrrrr option?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Book

Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My podcast app (Downcast on iOS) errors when trying to download this episode. Anyone else having issues? I've tried on an off my work network. I'll try again at home later but I'm curious if others are experiencing this or if it's just me. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Rouse

Virginia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mattbook wrote:
My podcast app (Downcast on iOS) errors when trying to download this episode. Anyone else having issues? I've tried on an off my work network. I'll try again at home later but I'm curious if others are experiencing this or if it's just me. Thanks.

it was an issue, think we fixed. delete the download ep, and download again, should fix issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Nelson
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mattbook wrote:

I'm having the same issue in Castbox for Android. I'm hoping it's a caching issue and it will eventually figure out that the file was fixed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Book

Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
rookenoble wrote:
mattbook wrote:

it was an issue, think we fixed. delete the download ep, and download again, should fix issue.

It's good now, Robb. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Richardson
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This was an opportune episode as I spent the weekend considering whether or not I should pick the game up as it's part of "the Drop" on Miniature Market. It's currently at $44 and I was heavily considering snagging it once it went below 40, but I really don't need anymore average games. I'm currently trying to trim out the average, and even above average, games already in my collection. Thanks for the review!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evgueni K
Canada
flag msg tools
This episode made me realize that Jeremy is my spirit board gamer/animal pirate thing. He's always the one bringing up and talking about the games I'm interested in or really like.

And as an accountant, I can totally get behind being a pirate book keeper. Risking life and limb to keep those books balanced while skimming the profits! My books arrrr balanced!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McCallen
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really wanted the 0 peg rating to be the last pirate to lose his hands before the workers comp kicked in. Everyone is like, "Did you see Bob? He can't feed his family literally or figuratively. We should really do something for the next person who loses a body part." Then no matter how hard he tries he can't earn influence over anyone because he can't wear rings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Temecula
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My summary of the banter section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Holmes
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ekster wrote:
This episode made me realize that Jeremy is my spirit board gamer/animal pirate thing. He's always the one bringing up and talking about the games I'm interested in or really like.

And as an accountant, I can totally get behind being a pirate book keeper. Risking life and limb to keep those books balanced while skimming the profits! My books arrrr balanced!

I've always wanted to be someone's...animal pirate thing.

Economic games are some of my favorite. Give me a good pirate economy game and I'm all in, baby.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Ensign
United States
West Haven
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh my gosh, I never though of listening at 1/2 speed!

I lasted about 10 minutes. I laughed SO hard! I had to go back and re-listen at regular speed again just so I could actually hear the content of the discussion. So funny!

pyranoir wrote:

Economic games are some of my favorite. Give me a good pirate economy game and I'm all in, baby.

Speaking of Pirate Economics, did you know:

An apple pie costs $7.50 in Jamaica
In Grand Cayman, it costs $9.00
But in Aruba, it will only cost you $4.95

These are the Pie Rates of the Caribbean
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Holmes
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mrdigdoug wrote:
Oh my gosh, I never though of listening at 1/2 speed!

I lasted about 10 minutes. I laughed SO hard! I had to go back and re-listen at regular speed again just so I could actually hear the content of the discussion. So funny!

pyranoir wrote:

Speaking of Pirate Economics, did you know:

An apple pie costs $7.50 in Jamaica
In Grand Cayman, it costs $9.00
But in Aruba, it will only cost you $4.95

These are the Pie Rates of the Caribbean

Oh no. Oh, no no. No no no no.

NO!

NO NO NO NO NO!

God, just...no.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Smith
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aye, but where can me find me some good RubArrrrrb pie, matey?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Graves
United States
Grants Pass
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sometimes pirates will hide away in their cabins and cry. These are known as...private tears.

*really reaching here, I know...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judith Elliott
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I rather like that one
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hampus Ram
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was one (of probably thousands) that did snicker a bit at the "arrrrr you diversifying"-joke

However, I did not snicker that much at the audio issues (yes, I got the part about the new mics). There were quite a few cases of audio fading out and back in(you guys leaning back in the chair perhaps?). There were a few sentences I did not catch at all due to the volume getting too low.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Rouse

Virginia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hampusr wrote:
I was one (of probably thousands) that did snicker a bit at the "arrrrr you diversifying"-joke

However, I did not snicker that much at the audio issues (yes, I got the part about the new mics). There were quite a few cases of audio fading out and back in(you guys leaning back in the chair perhaps?). There were a few sentences I did not catch at all due to the volume getting too low.

new mics old audio program, working out the bugs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Kelly
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hampusr wrote:

Rest assured, no one was more frustrated with the audio issues than I. I am curious though about the areas where you couldn't hear it at all. Not being defensive, I didn't experience that way and I would like to spot check the areas where you had trouble.

As Robb stated, I created what is essentially a "program" to run certain functions to make the audio "level". It took me a long time to set the parameters just right with the old mics, but when I brought audio over from the new mics, I noticed that the audio profile was completely different. I tried to address those difference as best I could, but I clearly have more work to do.

If you want to DM me with details of the issues you encountered feel free. All insights are helpful.

Thanks for everything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hampus Ram
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pablopk wrote:

Rest assured, no one was more frustrated with the audio issues than I. I am curious though about the areas where you couldn't hear it at all. Not being defensive, I didn't experience that way and I would like to spot check the areas where you had trouble.

I’ll see if I get the time to pinpoint my troubles. It was however always Christina and I do listen during my commute so the ambient noise is quite high as well.

Even with this you’re still top notch audio-wise. This year’s golden geek winners have a lot more trouble with fading than you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Kelly
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hampusr wrote:
pablopk wrote:

I’ll see if I get the time to pinpoint my troubles. It was however always Christina and I do listen during my commute so the ambient noise is quite high as well.

Even with this you’re still top notch audio-wise. This year’s golden geek winners have a lot more trouble with fading than you

I did hear that Christina's fades were a problem. I think I know a couple of the spots you are talking about. Christina has a very dynamic voice and tone, but the filter I set up was very aggressive with her voice, for some reason.

PS- Thank you. That is very kind of you to say.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Moore
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It sounded like there was various points where you guys just weren't speaking into the mics.
It was happening enough that it had me checking my audio.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.