Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
633 Posts
[1]  Prev «  4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8  Next »  [26] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Trades

Subject: Origins 2019 No Ship Math Trade (Columbus, OH: June 15) - Complete! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dean Peterson

Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Origins 2019 No Ship Math Trade (Columbus, OH: June 15) - Open for submissions!
Sterling_Archer wrote:
Polioliolio wrote:
Sterling_Archer wrote:
Whenever I click on Trade Summary I see the games I am offering and then all the games I'm willing to trade my game for under it. The games I'm willing to trade for all have numbers by them. This may be a dumb question, but what do those numbers signify?

I think that means that there are that many people currently interested in the game you're trading.

This may something different - maybe the number of times that game has been selected for potential trade, although the numbers I'm seeing seem kind of high for that.

When you go to the "Make Trades" tab, under "Queue" or "Graph and Trade Matrix" you can click on the "Summary" button. When you do so it lists all the games you are willing to trade and then underneath of them all the games you are willing to receive for that particular game. The games I'm willing to receive all have numbers by them. The numbers seem to coincide with the values I'm willing to sell my games for (I did not enter a value to assist with trade, only a value for what I will sell them for). Just trying to figure out exactly how those numbers next to the games are being derived/work. For example, it will say:

Willing to trade Game A for:
You have entered a minimimum dollar value and will accept any dollar amount equal or more than: $25.0 for this item.
18. Game XYZ
46. Game ABC
107. Game JKL

What do the numbers 18, 46, and 107 signify? Before I entered sell values for my games I believe the numbers were just 1, 2, and 3 for all the games I wanted in trade.

This visual bug has been fixed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Fix
United States
Sterling Hts
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Origins 2019 No Ship Math Trade (Columbus, OH: June 15) - Open for submissions!
Has another location for the Math Trade Meetup been agreed upon yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Kahrs
United States
Loveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hope it is still in the north of the north hall. Or close. Are we sure they moved registration to that area? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Schutte
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What am I doing wrong. None of my games are listing with images. Do you manually have to add an image? If so how?

thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stephenson
United States
Everett
WA - Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Crikrunner wrote:
What am I doing wrong. None of my games are listing with images. Do you manually have to add an image? If so how?

thanks

"Edit items" tab, then click the pencil on the listing you want to add an image.

Manually adding (not importing from BGG) will force you to select or upload an image.

We used to have it where the default image would be selected, but after the 3rd copy of Sid Meier's civilization (the 2002 version) traded with the image of the new one as default, we changed it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
ckahrs wrote:
Hope it is still in the north of the north hall. Or close. Are we sure they moved registration to that area? Thanks!

Forget the people in North! It's time to embrace the south!!!!

Well not of the country. Just the convention center

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noreen
United States
flag msg tools
Fall in the Midwest
badge
Welcome to fall in the Midwest and a property with a lot of mature trees!
mbmbmbmbmb
I’ve tried to import my collection twice (into Abecorn) and still see the import button in my profile. Should I see the collection there or should I be looking elsewhere?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stephenson
United States
Everett
WA - Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ngwilliam wrote:
I’ve tried to import my collection twice (into Abecorn) and still see the import button in my profile. Should I see the collection there or should I be looking elsewhere?

Everything imported correctly (you also linked your BGG account). The import button is still in your profile because some people like to keep things in sync with their BGG account.

You can view your collection by clicking on the left menu.

When you're ready to add an item to the trade, go to the origins trade, click the "Add item" tab, and then use the filters below the search bar to import your BGG games. You can also list games manually by using the search bar (You can list games outside your imported BGG profile this way).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
ckahrs wrote:

Here is the relevant link to the Origins FAQ page - Registration will be located in the North Atrium.

Quote:
Badge registration
How do I pick up my badge?

Whether you registered your badge online or on-site, you can pick up your badge at any Registration Kiosk in the North Atrium between 7am - 9pm Wednesday through Saturday and 7am - 2pm on Sunday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Kahrs
United States
Loveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JBMoby wrote:
ckahrs wrote:

Here is the relevant link to the Origins FAQ page - Registration will be located in the North Atrium.

Quote:
Badge registration
How do I pick up my badge?

Whether you registered your badge online or on-site, you can pick up your badge at any Registration Kiosk in the North Atrium between 7am - 9pm Wednesday through Saturday and 7am - 2pm on Sunday.

Isnt registration Always in the North Atrium? I guess i dont read that as right by the north entrance just in the hallway in the north open area where it always is. But hey I could be wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Impeachment time
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you are correct. I checked the convention center site and the building with all the exhibit halls is called the North Building. The building near the Hyatt and the Food Court is the South Building.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Anderson
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Let the sleeping dog lie!
mbmbmbmbmb
I scoured the 2018 Sitebook for reference to where Registration was last year but they didn't name the location at all. From some inset maps, though, that hallway was labeled as the "Main Concourse".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Norton
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
StandSure wrote:
I scoured the 2018 Sitebook for reference to where Registration was last year but they didn't name the location at all. From some inset maps, though, that hallway was labeled as the "Main Concourse".

And do we have confirmation somewhere that GAMA has stated that registration will not be in the "Main Concourse"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
https://columbusconventions.com/convention-center-map/

Searching there for "north atrium" the only result is the regular Math Trade location.

Atrium to me is an area with a lot of natural light or open air. The renovated north end of the convention center meets my mental idea of an atrium. Where registration has been in year's past does not.

Additionally searching "atrium" results in elevators and restrooms down by the "South Atrium" (big glass ceiling open space near the the walkway to the Crown Plaza) and the "Battelle Grand Atrium", which is the south end of the connector (also lots of natural light).

The Battelle Grand Atrium also happens to be my favorite for a replacement location. Search for it in that link above and go to the 360 view. lots of space over to the side under that escalator and balcony and a happy medium between the hotels and parking options on the north and south ends.

Who knows, maybe they aren't actually moving it. I just don't see the reason they would go from saying "Main Concourse" to "North Atrium" without actually changing things.

Hopefully the site book will clarify things once the pdf goes up.

Trevlix got the scoop below. S
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Hudak
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have just confirmed that registration is in the area we normally held the math trades.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
trevlix wrote:
I have just confirmed that registration is in the area we normally held the math trades.

Thanks trevlix
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
trevlix wrote:

Danni is super awesome and always helpful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Norton
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
trevlix wrote:

Well, then.
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb

What do we do?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nathertater wrote:
trevlix wrote:

Well, then.
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb

What do we do?!

My suggestion: Battelle Grand Atrium

Under the balcony (boxed in blue), we'd be out of the way of the foot traffic since everyone uses the ramp on the right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Norton
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JBMoby wrote:
Nathertater wrote:
trevlix wrote:

Well, then.
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb

What do we do?!

Under the balcony (boxed in blue), we'd be out of the way of the foot traffic since everyone uses the ramp on the right.

Works for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JBMoby wrote:
Nathertater wrote:
trevlix wrote:

Well, then.
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb

What do we do?!

I love it!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Hudak
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought about that area too. I like the idea, but a few things to remember:

1. This is in the middle of a major route of foot traffic into the con. There will be a lot of people there in a place we can't block and can't leave things lying around (more concerned about someone getting a game stolen than blocking someone).

2. Someone needs to make sure that there isn't a conference upstairs from there that morning. I've seen in the past that area blocked off for conferences.

I also wonder if it would be a good idea for next year to actually schedule the math trade in the events. When I ran it years ago I always thought about doing that, as I think you can even schedule it as a $0 event. Make it for 100 people and we have our space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
trevlix wrote:

1. This is in the middle of a major route of foot traffic into the con. There will be a lot of people there in a place we can't block and can't leave things lying around (more concerned about someone getting a game stolen than blocking someone).

2. Someone needs to make sure that there isn't a conference upstairs from there that morning. I've seen in the past that area blocked off for conferences.

I also wonder if it would be a good idea for next year to actually schedule the math trade in the events. When I ran it years ago I always thought about doing that, as I think you can even schedule it as a $0 event. Make it for 100 people and we have our space.

I don't think there has been anything up there the past 2-3 years. They've just had stand up ads/signs set up there. I think last year they even had the escalator shut off.

Still good to check. I do think that is a sort of back entrance to where WotC has all the D&D games at (but most enter from the stairs/escalators in the south atrium).

I'm proposing that seating area along with the space left of the ramp (in photo) and East (toward the escalator), very little actual foot traffic through that area. The ramp is busy and the connector itself is busy, but I'm suggesting the space no one really walks since everyone takes the ramp. We would be foot traffic adjacent, just like the North Atrium and people coming from the garage and off high street.

----------------

There aren't many places with minimal foot traffic. Every entrance from High St to the main convention center has people coming in off the street as well as a coffee shop or the child care place. Can't think of one there that would work.

So going further south, I think the BGA is the next suitable space and there is room to get away from the main flow of traffic.

The south atrium might also work and get further away from foot traffic, but I honestly can't say what it looks like 9a-10:30a on Origins Saturday. There is a lot of space there at the foot of that big stair case. Also, I'd expect pushback from traders parking or staying on the north end.

I'm curious how utilized the pods and space on the second floor of the main center are. That could be very out of the way if there was room for all of us. My concern there would be a repeat of the trade during the construction work. I'm not one to get claustrophobic, but I was more than a little relieved once I took care of my last trade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JBMoby wrote:
trevlix wrote:

I don't think there has been anything up there the past 2-3 years. They've just had stand up ads/signs set up there. I think last year they even had the escalator shut off.

Still good to check. I do think that is a sort of back entrance to where WotC has all the D&D games at (but most enter from the stairs/escalators in the south atrium).

I'm proposing that seating area along with the space left of the ramp (in photo) and East (toward the escalator), very little actual foot traffic through that area. The ramp is busy and the connector itself is busy, but I'm suggesting the space no one really walks since everyone takes the ramp. We would be foot traffic adjacent, just like the North Atrium and people coming from the garage and off high street.

----------------

There aren't many places with minimal foot traffic. Every entrance from High St to the main convention center has people coming in off the street as well as a coffee shop or the child care place. Can't think of one there that would work.

So going further south, I think the BGA is the next suitable space and there is room to get away from the main flow of traffic.

The south atrium might also work and get further away from foot traffic, but I honestly can't say what it looks like 9a-10:30a on Origins Saturday. There is a lot of space there at the foot of that big stair case. Also, I'd expect pushback from traders parking or staying on the north end.

I'm curious how utilized the pods and space on the second floor of the main center are. That could be very out of the way if there was room for all of us. My concern there would be a repeat of the trade during the construction work. I'm not one to get claustrophobic, but I was more than a little relieve once I took care of my last trade.

Lets not go to ANYTHING second floor.

It's fair that we start doing this in the south end somewhere... all the people who come from the south have had to carry all their stuff the longer distance for as long as I have been participating in this (6 years or so).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
corkysru wrote:
It's fair that we start doing this in the south end somewhere... all the people who come from the south have had to carry all their stuff the longer distance for as long as I have been participating in this (6 years or so).

I won't go so far as to say "it's fair", but I did sweat so much pulling my cart of trades last year that my Boardroom ribbon detached from its adhesive strip on my badge. Had to stick it in the plastic pouch for the rest of the con. Wouldn't mind shaving some distance off my Saturday morning hike.

I come all the way up from the parking garage on Chestnut, a little under a half mile up to that north atrium, one way. Then I take all my trades back. to the car. Then the walk back to go to the exhibitor hall.

I'd be saltier about it if I wasn't parking there for free.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8  Next »  [26] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.