Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
670 Posts
[1]  Prev «  5 , 6 , 7 , 8 , 9  Next »  [27] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Trades

Subject: Origins 2019 No Ship Math Trade (Columbus, OH: June 15) - Complete! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J B
United States
Tipp City
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Origins 2019 No Ship Math Trade (Columbus, OH: June 15) - Open for submissions!
With abecorn is there a 'submit' or 'finalize' trades button or will that show up after the 28th when the submissions are locked?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Fix
United States
Sterling Hts
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Origins 2019 No Ship Math Trade (Columbus, OH: June 15) - Open for submissions!
What about the breezeway/walkway between the Hyatt and the Convention Center?

Another possibilty could be the 1st side hallway at the bottom of the escalators across from Exhibit Hall A? If the registration booths are not going to be there, then there might be a decent amount of open space in that side hallway, especially if you go farther down the side hallway toward the doors leading outside.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stephenson
United States
Everett
WA - Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
madaxer wrote:
With abecorn is there a 'submit' or 'finalize' trades button or will that show up after the 28th when the submissions are locked?

There isn't a submit/finalize button. The entries you make are live and updated. Locking the trade only prevents new people and submissions from being added, everything else will be the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
Tipp City
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rlfix wrote:
What about the breezeway/walkway between the Hyatt and the Convention Center?

nope that's a very populated area, lots of foot traffic and sometimes they set up big round tables for pick up group rpg's.

I think near the original location will be preferable, either back towards the escalators and even up on the 2nd floor above the original location will be most out of they way. Plus the riff raff from the pride parade are less likely to walk through the middle of it if we're on the second floor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate
United States
Dayton
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Question about cash offers for games. Does the person who offers the most end up winning out in the trade/sell algorithm or does the algorithm only care if an offer meets the minimum accepted amount?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sterling_Archer wrote:
Question about cash offers for games. Does the person who offers the most end up winning out in the trade/sell algorithm or does the algorithm only care if an offer meets the minimum accepted amount?

Pretty sure it’s “whatever will make a higher number of trades overall.” Which will (90% of the time) be the lowest acceptable offer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stephenson
United States
Everett
WA - Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We noticed several people's queues were getting very large and added filter's to help sort. You can organize them alphabetical/chronological and by condition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
Bien wrote:
We noticed several people's queues were getting very large and added filter's to help sort. You can organize them alphabetical/chronological and by condition.

Is there a quicker/easier way to remove items from my want list?

It would appear that syncing with BGG brought over my wishlist, want in trade list, and want to play list.

I use want to play only with games I already own, so I have a lot of items with hearts that are already in my collection.

Removing them from my want list in user settings is a chore of scrolling down, hitting delete, page refreshing, scrolling down again, rinse repeat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
So, thinking about location:
I don't like the North-South connector atrium as it's got a lot of regular foot traffic. Even off to the side, we'll spill out and get in the way. Last year we had 120 people there. Not sure if this year will be up to that size, but it's a lot to accommodate. We filled the north atrium last year and spilled out into the hallway areas connecting it.

The area I was thinking is sortof behind that south atrium stairs:

Pros:
Out of the way, not too much foot traffic there
As large as the north atrium area
Couches to sit on and walls to hang temporary signs on
If the north was far from you, this is probably closer

Cons:
I'm basing this on my memory of the place from a year ago.
Spill-over room goes towards the little shops, cafe, or traveled stairways.
If you were expecting to travel to the north, this is farther
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Norton
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pete, you've got final word. There's too many people involved in this thing to get consensus. You say where we should meet, and we'll meet there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Nathertater wrote:
Pete, you've got final word. There's too many people involved in this thing to get consensus. You say where we should meet, and we'll meet there.

Yup, I'm planning on it. I'm double-checking myself against the crowd because:
Quote:

Being in charge but also in Cincinnati makes it hard to just go check it out myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
Nathertater wrote:

Seconded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PeteVasi wrote:
Nathertater wrote:

Yup, I'm planning on it. I'm double-checking myself against the crowd because:
Quote:

Being in charge but also in Cincinnati makes it hard to just go check it out myself.

Its a good size space, not a lot of traffic. Most people passing through would be going to RPG sessions in the conference rooms to the north and those mostly start at 9am.

For those trying to visualize it, it is the space to the left of the escalators most of us would take to get down to the food court (which you would take a right off of the escalator to get to).

Also that comic shop is right there on the edge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stephenson
United States
Everett
WA - Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JBMoby wrote:

It would appear that syncing with BGG brought over my wishlist, want in trade list, and want to play list.

I use want to play only with games I already own, so I have a lot of items with hearts that are already in my collection.

Removing them from my want list in user settings is a chore of scrolling down, hitting delete, page refreshing, scrolling down again, rinse repeat.

Yes, just click the heart in browse or in your queue and they'll be removed instantly.

For "My item list" would you prefer something simpler or just hide it? It was meant more as a read only sanity check for BGG imports rather than a tool. Some people even use it to manually add new wants rather than go to their trade and want things for fear of not seeing a listed game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Fix
United States
Sterling Hts
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PeteVasi wrote:
So, thinking about location:
I don't like the North-South connector atrium as it's got a lot of regular foot traffic. Even off to the side, we'll spill out and get in the way. Last year we had 120 people there. Not sure if this year will be up to that size, but it's a lot to accommodate. We filled the north atrium last year and spilled out into the hallway areas connecting it.

The area I was thinking is sortof behind that south atrium stairs:

Pros:
Out of the way, not too much foot traffic there
As large as the north atrium area
Couches to sit on and walls to hang temporary signs on
If the north was far from you, this is probably closer

Cons:
Spill-over room goes towards the little shops, cafe, or traveled stairways.
If you were expecting to travel to the north, this is farther

I am trying to picture where this is. Is this the area between the Main Floor of the Hyatt lobby and the Food Court?

Also, I think that those who are not in the MT this year are still going to be there (like me), since some of the virtual flea market purchases have a meeting preference at the MT time/location. So, I have a feeling the crowd is not going to be decidedly smaller.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bien wrote:
JBMoby wrote:

Yes, just click the heart in browse or in your queue and they'll be removed instantly.

For "My item list" would you prefer something simpler or just hide it? It was meant more as a read only sanity check for BGG imports rather than a tool. Some people even use it to manually add new wants rather than go to their trade and want things for fear of not seeing a listed game.

I was more interested in clearing out items in on swoop rather than cycling through on my list or repeating whenever something shows up in the queue or in the list.

I'm a do it all at once kind if person.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Impeachment time
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone from GAMA posted on the Origins FAQ thread an offer for a place to hold the math trade.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/31998461#31998461
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Turner
United States
Bexley
Ohio
flag msg tools
BGG has paid for itself by saving me from buying crappy games!
badge
Come on people! Donate! nothing in life is free!
mbmbmbmbmb
Danni Loe
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
publisher
Communications Manager
badge
Game Manufacturers Association
mbmbmbmbmb
\

From GAMA has reached out on the FAQ page, thanks so much to them. Pete, why don't you get in contact with them directly and see what you can get resolved. thanks to you both for working on this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
Well there goes the delusions of not hauling everything super far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Saltone wrote:
Danni Loe
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
publisher
Communications Manager
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
\

From GAMA has reached out on the FAQ page, thanks so much to them. Pete, why don't you get in contact with them directly and see what you can get resolved. thanks to you both for working on this.

Nice find! I'll reach out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PeteVasi wrote:
Saltone wrote:
Danni Loe
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
publisher
Communications Manager
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
\

Nice find! I'll reach out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Hudak
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Abecorn question - If we want to add something, and have sync'd our list, and its not there, is it better to just use a custom item or is there a place for us to contact to get the item added in? I couldn't find this info.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stephenson
United States
Everett
WA - Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
trevlix wrote:
Abecorn question - If we want to add something, and have sync'd our list, and its not there, is it better to just use a custom item or is there a place for us to contact to get the item added in? I couldn't find this info.

If you did a BGG sync and you have it in your haves/wants/wish list/want to play and it's not in the system, it will create that game. If it didn't, message me what game, and I'll check what happened. Custom is more for detailed outside of scope entries.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Fields
United States
Cincinnati (I only do in person trades)
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
trevlix wrote:

Sometimes the game is listed on Abecorn with an alternative title. Check on BGG what the other titles for the game might be and search for those on Abecorn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Aldridge
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So far not liking Abecorn. It's far less friendly with my browser, and I've been waiting 10 minutes for this image to load because lord knows people have to see the game in the listing. I'm not looking forward to recreating all of these custom entries. Too bad GenCon's using Abecorn too. Maybe my Math Trade days are done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  5 , 6 , 7 , 8 , 9  Next »  [27] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.