Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
670 Posts
[1]  Prev «  6 , 7 , 8 , 9 , 10  Next »  [27] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Trades

Subject: Origins 2019 No Ship Math Trade (Columbus, OH: June 15) - Complete! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Liolio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Origins 2019 No Ship Math Trade (Columbus, OH: June 15) - Open for submissions!
I'm not having those issues. Maybe try Opera Browser?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Aldridge
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Origins 2019 No Ship Math Trade (Columbus, OH: June 15) - Open for submissions!
lonadar wrote:
So far not liking Abecorn. It's far less friendly with my browser, and I've been waiting 10 minutes for this image to load because lord knows people have to see the game in the listing. I'm not looking forward to recreating all of these custom entries. Too bad GenCon's using Abecorn too. Maybe my Math Trade days are done.

Yea, I'm just done. Over an hour, I've successfully posted 2 items and have no idea how to properly navigate my wants I'm told were imported with my BGG collection. Let me know if someone does an OLWLG one in the future. I'll just be stocking up more crap...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Jones
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use chrome myself and I haven't had many issues.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Liolio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
corkysru wrote:
Polioliolio wrote:

What a garbage browser.

Huh. Okay. I rather like it. It's not slow and it works. What else do you need? Also has built in ad block that I appreciate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stephenson
United States
Everett
WA - Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lonadar wrote:
lonadar wrote:
So far not liking Abecorn. It's far less friendly with my browser, and I've been waiting 10 minutes for this image to load because lord knows people have to see the game in the listing. I'm not looking forward to recreating all of these custom entries. Too bad GenCon's using Abecorn too. Maybe my Math Trade days are done.

Yea, I'm just done. Over an hour, I've successfully posted 2 items and have no idea how to properly navigate my wants I'm told were imported with my BGG collection. Let me know if someone does an OLWLG one in the future. I'll just be stocking up more crap...

It's not your browser. The two games you listed are standard games and didn't need to be custom entries. The images you sourced as a URL link were broken (which is why they loaded forever).

When you linked your BGG account it synced everything from BGG. I used your account for reference.

You can post all 20 of your "For Trade" games in three clicks.

1. Click the "For Trade" filter circled in the photo below.
2. Click "Check all"
3. Click "Add Checked Games"

The default photos will automatically be selected for all the games added in this way.

You'll have to go back and edit them to select a searchable condition (that information doesn't exist on a BGG sync). Otherwise you can leave the condition in the comments like you did.

For games that aren't in your BGG lists (like the copy of Scorpius Freighter you posted), use the search bar to look for your game and post it that way instead of doing a custom entry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Norton
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have had nothing but a positive experience with Abecorn. The cherry on top for me is Ben's incessant support for the tool in this thread and elsewhere. Dude's on it, if you ask me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Fix
United States
Sterling Hts
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any word on location for the math trade?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Norton
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb

Yeah, man, any word?!?1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
corkysru wrote:
Polioliolio wrote:
corkysru wrote:
Polioliolio wrote:

What a garbage browser.

Huh. Okay. I rather like it. It's not slow and it works. What else do you need? Also has built in ad block that I appreciate.

1) It's an apple product.
2) Why bother with any proprietary browser when you can you use chrome or FF and it works with one account across all platforms and devices?
3) It's an apple product. lol.

I think you are thinking of Safari.

Opera is different. Long time "other guy" browser

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
JBMoby wrote:
corkysru wrote:
Polioliolio wrote:
corkysru wrote:
Polioliolio wrote:

What a garbage browser.

2) Why bother with any proprietary browser when you can you use chrome or FF and it works with one account across all platforms and devices?

Sorry. I am. My fault.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
corkysru wrote:
JBMoby wrote:
corkysru wrote:
Polioliolio wrote:
corkysru wrote:
Polioliolio wrote:

What a garbage browser.

Sorry. I am. My fault.

NBD

Opera is pretty good. It is my fall back when Chrome or Firefox starts to feel too bloated & slow (as they sometimes do).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
rlfix wrote:

Currently in email conversations with 2 different GAMA people. Sounds like the spot I picked has events in it? Which sounds weird because it's an open area/hallway section. They like the 2nd floor north foyer area above the 1st floor foyer where we normally meet. I think that's way too small, and overflow from there has nowhere to go.

So, the conversation continues. Someday I may even get time to put my own items into the trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PeteVasi wrote:
rlfix wrote:

Currently in email conversations with 2 different GAMA people. Sounds like the spot I picked has events in it? Which sounds weird because it's an open area/hallway section. They like the 2nd floor north foyer area above the 1st floor foyer where we normally meet. I think that's way too small, and overflow from there has nowhere to go.

So, the conversation continues. Someday I may even get time to put my own items into the trade.

Yeah. Considering we took up the entire space underneath last year.

*flashbacks to the construction year math trade*

*shudders involuntarily*

I'm curious what events they are holding in that south atrium space. I wonder if they are thinking of someplace else/a room/space that is connected to the south atrium and not the hallway space itself.

Maybe a LARP?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
JBMoby wrote:
PeteVasi wrote:
rlfix wrote:

*shudders involuntarily*

I'm curious what events they are holding in that south atrium space. I wonder if they are thinking of someplace else/a room/space that is connected to the south atrium and not the hallway space itself.

Maybe a LARP?

Right, the space they're proposing is directly above that construction year trade spot. And the same size. And our numbers have grown.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PeteVasi wrote:
JBMoby wrote:
PeteVasi wrote:
rlfix wrote:

*shudders involuntarily*

Maybe a LARP?

Right, the space they're proposing is directly above that construction year trade spot. And the same size. And our numbers have grown.

What happened to the Short North ballroom? That sounded promising. I remember that being a pretty big space. Not quite the atrium on the ground floor, but big.

I'm definitely getting the vibe that we need to have an event to get dedicated space next year if they are going to continue to take up the one space in the convention center that was reliably open and available.

Anyone know how that works? Does GAMA require money to run events if they are free and/or require a large space, for example?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danni Loe
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
publisher
Communications Manager
badge
Game Manufacturers Association
mbmbmbmbmb
JBMoby wrote:
I'm definitely getting the vibe that we need to have an event to get dedicated space next year if they are going to continue to take up the one space in the convention center that was reliably open and available.

Anyone know how that works? Does GAMA require money to run events if they are free and/or require a large space, for example?

We can definitely have the conversation about making this an official Origins program. That way, you wouldn't have to charge money for participation. Pete and I are already talking about it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Aldridge
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bien wrote:
lonadar wrote:
lonadar wrote:

It's not your browser. The two games you listed are standard games and didn't need to be custom entries. The images you sourced as a URL link were broken (which is why they loaded forever).

Ben, thank you for ignoring my frustrated attitude and responding politely and intelligently. You've restored some of my faith in the process. I'm working to mark the games I have to offer for trade (I don't normally, because it invites a year of random requests and I only do these no-ship), and will resynhronize and see where I go from there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Fix
United States
Sterling Hts
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What about the large sitting area between the Main floor Hyatt lobby and the Food Court? There is plenty of room there.

PeteVasi wrote:
JBMoby wrote:
PeteVasi wrote:
rlfix wrote:

*shudders involuntarily*

Maybe a LARP?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Aldridge
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there an easy day to duplicate an entry? I miss the +COPIES+ code...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Pishnery
United States
Lakewood
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Abecorn was great. Quicker to get up and running. Easier to browse, too. Some odd bits, but fairly intuitive to figure out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
Hilliard
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I added a few games do I need to add the games I want or does it do it automatically from my want list? Also, do I have to initiate an offer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Aldridge
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, I bit the bullet and just made the multiple copies. That it copied my previous text helped. One last question: The "assign a value" (not for selling) doesn't seem to work. When I type numbers in there, they are not visible, though the eraser icon appears beside the text box. It appears this would be a fantastic way of expediting what I'd be willing to trade for something (assuming it will consider ALL items I list at or less than the same price), but I don't feel comfortable without actually seeing the numbers.

And before someone asks - Safari user. Bite my Apple.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Anderson
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Let the sleeping dog lie!
mbmbmbmbmb
Darqless wrote:
I added a few games do I need to add the games I want or does it do it automatically from my want list? Also, do I have to initiate an offer?

Your want list should automatically “heart” those games and add them to the queue when you click the “make trades” tab. You will need to go in and click the plus sign on the queued items to add them to your matrix, then use the matrix to indicate which or your items you would be willing to trade for “plussed” items.
Other copies of games you hearted that get added between now and Tuesday will he added automatically to your queue, but not to your matrix.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stephenson
United States
Everett
WA - Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lonadar wrote:
Is there an easy day to duplicate an entry? I miss the +COPIES+ code...

We implemented (yesterday) the ability to add a quantity to your listing. You can increase the qty when you add the item or when you edit the item later.

For the owner it will add all the entries to your matrix and assign all of them the same cash assignment. It won't (next patch will) populate the assigned values to all your identical listings.

For wanting an entry that has a qty larger than one, it will give you a one-time pop-up warning you that it will add all of the listing's quantity to your matrix. You'll be responsible for duplicate protecting it and assigning cash/values to each of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Peterson

Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lonadar wrote:
Okay, I bit the bullet and just made the multiple copies. That it copied my previous text helped. One last question: The "assign a value" (not for selling) doesn't seem to work. When I type numbers in there, they are not visible, though the eraser icon appears beside the text box. It appears this would be a fantastic way of expediting what I'd be willing to trade for something (assuming it will consider ALL items I list at or less than the same price), but I don't feel comfortable without actually seeing the numbers.

And before someone asks - Safari user. Bite my Apple.

You are not the first safari user to mention the missing number issue. I use mac as well but I must have a version unaffected by this. If you are willing, chrome on mac should work fine for entering values. Otherwise, a better way to enter those values is in the graph on the same tab as your matrix; right above your matrix. Once you have added items to your matrix, they will appear in your graph. You can enter all of your values at once there and that should be working fine of safari. Can you share with me what version of safari you have? I will track down why that seems to be happening.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  6 , 7 , 8 , 9 , 10  Next »  [27] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.