Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Neil Randall
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
The idea sounds very good to me, actually.

Also, back when that dusty thread was around, I remember coming up with a new set of victory conditions for the scenario, but I never posted them because I had no time to test them. I still don't, and these have never been tested, but here they are if you're interested in seeing what I was trying to do. Certainly they're way more complex, but they might be useful.

Again, these are not in any way official - just experimental.

How to Win: This scenario has two set of Victory Conditions. Before starting play, determine which set you wish to use. Cato’s Victory Conditions uses the historical premise of Rome’s desire after the Second Punic War to destroy Carthage outright (see the scenario introduction). The Carthaginian Empire’s conditions reflect Carthage’s desire – from what we can determine – to thwart Rome’s expansion and ideally make Rome a tributary or at least non-combative state, primarily for the sake of allowing Carthage’s trade economy and geographical expansion to thrive.

Cato’s Victory Conditions: If the Roman player destroys the City of Carthage, Rome wins. If Carthage survives, even as a reduced City under Carthaginian control, Carthage wins. It’s as simple as that. Note that Rome must destroy the City to win, not just reduce or capture it.

The Carthaginian Empire’s Victory Conditions: Victory Points are awarded at the end of each Game-Turn as follows:

Control of Territories
Rome– 0 VP for Rome, 20 VP for Carthage
Carthage– 0 VP for Carthage, 20 VP for Rome
Hispania– 10 VP
Gaul– 10 VP
The Sicilies– 20 VP
Germania – 5 VP

Control of Spaces
Rome – 10 VP
Carthage – 10 VP
Lilybaeum – 5 VP
Messana – 5 VP
Caralis – 5 VP

Control of Provinces
Italia – 5 VP
Africa – 5 VP
Bruttium – 5 VP
Baetica – 5 VP

Control of the Seas
The side with the most number of galley squadrons: 10 VP

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skippen
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Cary Grant, 1904 - 1986
badge
How old Cary Grant? Old Cary Grant fine. How you?
mbmbmbmbmb
Daren and I tried these victory conditions this weekend (his set), and I liked them. It made me (Carthage) be a little more active, and it forcedme not to turtle. I will comment more once the session report it up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.