Subject: May '19 US Math Shipping Trade Discussion Thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Moran
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Thanks for running this, I have a (hopefully) quick question:

I'm trying to set up duplicate protection for the same item (eg, Kemet), but the two on offer are very different in terms of content (eg, all expansions vs. no expansions). How do I offer different things from my trade list for them within the same duplicate protection, if possible?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Leslie
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Duplicate protection does not cover that condition. Try to get one or the other or risk getting both and trade the extra away next time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Moran
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Thanks for the info.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew De Lorge
United States
Spencer
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gongjin wrote:
Thanks for the info.

Or you can just do duplicate protection and make your offers only as good as you would give for the one without expansions? Your chances for the one with will be slim, but you also won't risk getting both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Breymeyer
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What game is it? If it’s a super popular game, odds are that you’ll be lucky to get even one copy, but then if you do get two, you have excellent trade fodder for next month, as stated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny
United States
Duluth
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did anyone else's duplicate protection blow up? Or is it just me?
Somehow a bunch of my check boxes got really messed up, but it appears to include all of my dummy items and their associated actual items. All I did on my list was remove one check box, and everything blew up if everything looks normal for you, then you aren't affected haha
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Quintanilla
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dmenear wrote:
Did anyone else's duplicate protection blow up? Or is it just me?
Somehow a bunch of my check boxes got really messed up, but it appears to include all of my dummy items and their associated actual items. All I did on my list was remove one check box, and everything blew up if everything looks normal for you, then you aren't affected haha

That happened to me in March. I think I figured out that it was because I went to the summary page, clicked back on my browser to change something and then saved it. At least I that's my best guess. I stuck to clicking between the yellow Table button and the pink Summary button last month and didn't have any trouble. I don't know if that's the same thing that happened to you, but I was glad I double checked the summary page. It was a mess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Rizzo
United States
Griffith
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that Chris has talked about the bees, I think all we need is for William to talk a little bit about the birds. Right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Leslie
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're certainly not mature enough for that conversation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Rizzo
United States
Griffith
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
waleslie wrote:

Fine. I'll settle for a fart joke.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Leslie
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No. I don't want to let all the air out of the discussion thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Smith
United States
Tavares
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You'd rather let it blow up in our feces...err, faces?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
None Ya
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JustinRRizzo wrote:
waleslie wrote:

Fine. I'll settle for a fart joke.

Bubba loved his beans. Any kind of beans - green, baked, even Boston baked beans. Beans also made Bubba very flatulent. Even just one spoonful of beans would have Bubba sounding like a trombone, but Bubba didn't mind.

Then one day Bubba met Bubbette, and they were in love, and shortly thereafter they were married. And Bubba was very happy, except for one thing - Bubbette did not like farts. She did not find them funny, and forbade Bubba from eating any kind of beans - even jelly beans. But Bubba loved Bubbette and he stopped eating them. soblue

Bubba had lived bean-free for several years. Then one day, on his birthday, he was going to run into the office real quick to drop off some paperwork, and then Bubbette was going to make him dinner.

But when he gets out of the office, Bubba realizes he locked his keys and phone in the car, and he decides to just walk the rest of the way home. As he's walking through town he passes a restaurant, and there's a sign on the window that says "Today's Special: Baked Beans". Bubba's really hungry, as he's been walking for a while, and he know's he's got a good walk yet to come, and it is his birthday, so he goes in to have a bite. shakeshake

He has one bowl, and wow! that's delicious. He has a second bowl. He just barely finishes the third bowl when he starts to feel the effects and he barely makes it out of the restaurant before he starts to let them rip. devil

The entire walk home, it's rip, rip, rip, rip. He's working hard to get them all out before his wife hears.

He gets home and does his last butt trumpet, knocks on the door, and his wife answers. Bubba explains what happened. She tells him not worry about it, but to put on this blindfold and she's got a huge surprise for him. laugh

Bubba puts the blindfold on and she guides him to the dinner table. Just as she was about to remove the blindfold, the telephone rang. She made him promise not to touch the blindfold until she returned and went to the next room to answer the phone. It was her mother, so Bubba knew she'd be a while. All of a sudden, Bubba realized the beans weren't done yet!

With his wife busy talking, he figured he'd be safe. So he shifted his weight to one leg and let one go. It was not only loud, but it smelled like a fertilizer truck running over a skunk in front of a garbage dump!
Then he shifts to the other leg and does a few more. And a few more. He takes his napkin from his lap and fanned the air around him vigorously. Then, shifting to the other leg, he ripped off three more. The stink was worse than cooked cabbage.

Keeping his ears carefully tuned to the conversation in the other room, he went on releasing atomic bombs like this for another few minutes. The pleasure was indescribable! Eventually the telephone farewells signaled the end of his freedom, so he quickly fanned the air a few more times with his napkin, placed it on his lap and folded his hands back on it feeling very relieved and pleased with himself. ninjaninja

His wife returned, apologizing for taking so long. She asked if he had peaked through the blindfold, and he assured her that he had not. At this point, she removed the blindfold and Bubba sees 12 people seated around the table. gulpgulpgulpgulpgulp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Leslie
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you guys proud of yourselves now?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carolyn Callahan
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm un-subscribing now...shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew De Lorge
United States
Spencer
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't get it, who were the 12 people, and how were they still there after fumigating the place with farts
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Rizzo
United States
Griffith
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This conversation has been more interesting than this final season on GoT.

robot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Smith
United States
Tavares
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now, now...it's not time to put on our sassy pants.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Rizzo
United States
Griffith
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmsmith2434 wrote:
Now, now...it's not time to put on our sassy pants.

I went back and re-read my statement to assess if it was indeed too sass. I ended up thumbing it. So, I either just discovered I can thumb my own posts, or BGG was in such agreement with my assessment if season 8, they/it allowed me to do so.

Either way, I'd rather watch Crystal Skull.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
None Ya
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
waleslie wrote:
Are you guys proud of yourselves now?

I am.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anony Mous
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So, I remember when there used to be a leftovers trade immediately following the normal monthly trade.

If I wanted to volunteer to start running a leftovers trade, again, how would I go about learning the right way to run a math trade?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Leslie
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Leftovers trades were back when we were having trades every 3 or 4 months. With the monthly trades, the leftovers trade would practically overlap with next month's trade.

Several people already complain that monthly is too often.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anony Mous
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Well, then I guess never mind about leftover trades.

But still, where do I go about learning how to run a math trade, because I've been thinking about trying to run a local one, just out of curiosity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Rizzo
United States
Griffith
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
waleslie wrote:
Leftovers trades were back when we were having trades every 3 or 4 months. With the monthly trades, the leftovers trade would practically overlap with next month's trade.

Monthly is perfect. Bimonthly is bliss. I miss the days of participating in two MT at the same time. You had one day to edit your matrix on Abecorn based on what you traded at the close of this one. It was razors edge, but it was Christmas twice (without the snow, or the music).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew De Lorge
United States
Spencer
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JustinRRizzo wrote:
waleslie wrote:

Monthly is perfect. Bimonthly is bliss. I miss the days of participating in two MT at the same time. You had one day to edit your matrix on Abecorn based on what you traded at the close of this one. It was razors edge, but it was Christmas twice (without the snow, or the music).

I'd take a "game only" trade here and there. The gift cards are great, and have got me quite a few games, but it does nothing as far as getting rid of games. Gift cards trump games most of the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.