Popular Tags: [View All]
Nelson Cox
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the effort in this trade and every one each month.

Maybe it is only me, but when I look through the results there seems to be less trades than normal..

Wonder if the multiple trial runs causes people to continue to tighten until less trades are made overall? Even though we appreciate them, maybe trial runs are not a good thing in the end.

Though if there is actually less trades it certainly could be due to some other reason.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Smith
United States
Tavares
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Um...I'm not seeing Gloomhaven anywhere next to Justin's name, so these results can't possibly be right. Maybe try running again?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Goldberg
United States
Bonnots Mill
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Boy the way Glenn Miller played // Songs that made the Hit Parade // Guys like us we had it made // Those were the days.
mbmbmbmbmb
I was nervous because my name appeared in all the trial runs, but it held. Very pleased with my one trade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prakash Madhav
United States
Maineville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
About 8% trades this month versus 12% last month. That's a big drop.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Holmes
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am surprised and delighted that I got three trades! Wooo!

I am partially responsible for the less trades, listing some crappy items solitary, this was my first time doing it and I wanted to get a feel for it.

My understanding is that at the end, apart from the actual trades, you'll see a table showing what people offered for things, for use in future trades, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew De Lorge
United States
Spencer
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GamingCoupleGA wrote:

Maybe it is only me, but when I look through the results there seems to be less trades than normal..

Wonder if the multiple trial runs causes people to continue to tighten until less trades are made overall? Even though we appreciate them, maybe trial runs are not a good thing in the end.

Though if there is actually less trades it certainly could be due to some other reason.

For what it's worth, I was on all 3 trial runs and was more aggressive each time I made it. Once I knew I had a trade I was pulling out the stops for more. I can tell which trade I got initially, and my aggressiveness got me one more.

So for me, the 3 trial runs were more than worth it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben R
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
Why play 'em when you can trade 'em?!?!
badge
And on the 8th day, God said "Let there be Math Trades"
mbmbmbmbmb
GamingCoupleGA wrote:

Don't think the trial runs are the correlate, they have been a constant feature for the last 2 years.

It's convention season. Lots of math trades running right now, lots of opportunities to trade without shipping cost.

Also, seems to me a little "every other month" thing going on(from my personal results at least). If folks have a good trade month, they might be a little tighter the next month due to having new games to play and less compulsion to make trades.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Duncan
United States
Carlsbad
California
flag msg tools
Well, I'm happy, I got one trade in (that seems very much in my favor!). I sometimes try to track the full chain around my trade. Usually it's 3-4 people, sometimes 10. I stopped counting and gave up at 92 links this time! It seems like a good chunk of the trades are all in this one loop!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian George
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lessthanjoey wrote:
Well, I'm happy, I got one trade in (that seems very much in my favor!). I sometimes try to track the full chain around my trade. Usually it's 3-4 people, sometimes 10. I stopped counting and gave up at 92 links this time! It seems like a good chunk of the trades are all in this one loop!

That's pretty normal. From my experience there's one massive loop, a large loop, then a number of smallish loops.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Goodrich
United States
Jackson Heights
New York
flag msg tools
THE 7TH CONTINENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
badge
Becoming immortal!
mbmbmbmb
jmsmith2434 wrote:
Um...I'm not seeing Gloomhaven anywhere next to Justin's name, so these results can't possibly be right. Maybe try running again?

Ummmm I am quite happy with receiving Gloomhaven, so definitely finalize the results!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Crawford
United States
Pacifica
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There were quite a bit less items this month, like 18% less. So maybe that contributed to the lower trade percentage.

Thank goodness, though, the sum of squares was only about 45000! Great job everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Rizzo
United States
Griffith
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cayluster wrote:
jmsmith2434 wrote:

Ummmm I am quite happy with receiving Gloomhaven, so definitely finalize the results!

How you do that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Smith
United States
Tavares
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JustinRRizzo wrote:
cayluster wrote:
jmsmith2434 wrote:

How you do that?

Hmmm...apparently the key seems to be offering something of relatively equal value to that of Gloomhaven. Fascinating...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert Dorantes
United States
redmond
OR
flag msg tools
What a colossal disappointment... Not a single trade for me...And all the users that owned the games I wanted didn't get any trades either Mmmm...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corporal Dave
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two things:
1. When are results expected to be finalized? I’m sure it’s in here somewhere, but I have an a$$-kicking cold and am not up to more searching.
2. Is there a way to try to math trade away an item to get something on the moderator’s list to the moderator as a sort of “thank you”? For next time around?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Perry
United States
Newtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fwiw, I got my first mathtrade in nearly 6 months! Thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Leslie
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The trade results are now official. You may commence setting up your trades. (This is most easily done by clicking the other user's name right within your results.)

Yes, this was a slow month. Not sure that we'll ever be able to narrow down exactly why. 202 users out of 350 with at least one trade. 58% is pretty low.

Several people that are usually on the list didn't get a trade this month.
First time I've not gotten a trade in a long time, even though my want list was about the same as always. (On the plus side, I get a month off of hearing the wife say "Another game? Why do you need more games?" if she beats me to the mail. )

Maybe that just means June will be big.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben R
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
Why play 'em when you can trade 'em?!?!
badge
And on the 8th day, God said "Let there be Math Trades"
mbmbmbmbmb
Will,

P.O. Box, much cheaper than a divorcelaugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Leslie
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Divorce -> More space in the house for games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gretchen Fontenay
United States
Apison
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BentlyCash wrote:
Will,

P.O. Box, much cheaper than a divorcelaugh

So very true!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
None Ya
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
waleslie wrote:
Divorce -> More space in the house for games.

Unless, to spite you, she ends up with all your games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paula Batton
United States
Rolesville
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First Math Trade....
one of the two that i'm supposed to ship to still has responded to my trade request so I can get his/her address..... from your experience are people often slow to respond. Just don't want to part of the reason someones trade falls through.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. Shannon
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
Spread Joy
mb
As someone with a newborn who arrived over the weekend, some of us will be shorter to respond than others. Be patient it will all work out
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike McCarthy
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
waleslie wrote:
BentlyCash wrote:
Are the results official yet?
Almost.
BentlyCash wrote:
How did I get 6 copies, I said "duplicate protection" into my computers microphone.
Must be an OLWLG error. Let me fix that for you.
BentlyCash wrote:
Dang, I missed the deadline to submit. Any chance I can still get in(on Tuesday)
Sure. Let me reopen the geeklist for you.
BentlyCash wrote:
My partner hasn't accepted my trade yet, it's been 14 minutes!
Hmmm... That's strange. Let me contact them.
BentlyCash wrote:
My partner hasn't sent the trade request yet, is it rude to email them 67 times?
It would be rude not to.
BentlyCash wrote:
That should cover it. Just wanted to be first.
If only you were...

Mod answered the question (#4) previously.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Smith
United States
Tavares
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
iceman23 wrote:
As someone with a newborn who arrived over the weekend, some of us will be shorter to respond than others. Be patient it will all work out

And you still chose to participate in a math trade, knowing that was coming? That is hard core.

Congrats to you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7  Next »  [7] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.