Subject: 3D Printed Organizer rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tyler Morgan
United States
Mission Viejo
California
flag msg tools
I made a simple 3d printed organizer for the base game.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3605198

Most of the infantry and cavalry stacks are the correct unit block number (4 and 3) with elephants, chariots, and leaders being exceptions due to them taking up too much space if split up. It can be a little tricky getting the blocks out sometimes, but overall I'm happy with this organizer. It makes it easier to sort and setup the game compared to baggies. I may make an updated version if(when) I pickup up an expansion or another C&C game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Kayati
United States
Worthington
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great idea. Would love to see organizers for all the expansions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Arnold
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This makes me wish I had a 3D printer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Btȝ patrem nrum, Benedictum
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, do the lids "snap on" or just cover the top?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
my eye
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very cool. I wonder if each stack base could have a concave (or indented) edge so that you could get a finger under it and lift each stack out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Morgan
United States
Mission Viejo
California
flag msg tools
John85 wrote:
Cool, do the lids "snap on" or just cover the top?

They mostly just cover the top. I use a rubber band to keep them secured for storing the box vertically. Not the most elegant method, but it works.

earache wrote:
Very cool. I wonder if each stack base could have a concave (or indented) edge so that you could get a finger under it and lift each stack out.

I think an indented base could work. A raised and centered square that is smaller than the length/width of the block to allow you to get your finger underneath. As it is, it's not too hard to get the blocks out by sliding them out along the groove. You also don't want to add too much to the size as it's already a snug fit with everything in the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Morgan
United States
Mission Viejo
California
flag msg tools
I added improved organizers for expansion #1 Greece vs Eastern Kingdoms and #6 Spartan Army. No more awkward single units and the lids fit snugly. Elephants from every army are now stored together - elephant party! I need to go back and update the base set organizers, but that's for another time!

I just posted a set of organizers for CCN as well. https://boardgamegeek.com/article/32110395#32110395
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls