Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
52 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Trades

Subject: 'Official' UK Games Expo 2019 No Ship Maths Trade Discussion Thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Harris
United Kingdom
Surbiton
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

This is the discussion thread for the No Ship Maths Trade for the UK Games Expo 2019.

This is the usual discussion thread for the UK Games Expo 2018 no-ship maths trade, which is a place for friendly banter and where newbies can ask any questions about the maths trade and get advice.

Last year, most traders donated £1 for each game traded. We raised £157 for the Beanstalks charity.

Notes:

In order to participate in this maths trade you or a proxy MUST be going to the convention.
The intention is that all trading will take place at the convention to avoid shipping costs.

The UK Games Expo 2019 is an annual convention showcasing historical miniatures, boardgames, role playing games, collectable card games and computer games to be held in Birmingham on the 31st May-2nd June 2019.

Related Links
Discussion Thread: UK Games Expo 2019 No Ship Maths Trade Discussion Thread
Request Geeklist: UK Games Expo 2019 No Ship Maths Trade Request List
Trade Geeklist: UK Games Expo 2019 No Ship Maths Trade List
Want-list Generator: OLWLG

Dates (all times in BST):
Submissions Open: Saturday 4th May 2019 12:00
Submissions Close: Wednesday 15th May 2019 23:00
Want Lists Submission Open: Wednesday 15th May 2019 23:01
Want Lists Close: Tuesday 21st May 2019 22:00
Results should be posted on Wednesday 22nd May 2019.

Meetup at UK Games Expo: TBC

Please feel free to ask questions or add comments.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve N
United Kingdom
Macclesfield
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for running this again, Rob!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louisa Berry
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Rob!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Holger Hannemann
United Kingdom
Upper Heyford
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Rob,

Fantastic to see another UKGE math trade this year, and I think we all appreciate the time and effort you put into it.

I just wanted to say to all you guys taking part it's been a pleasure trading with some (if not most) of you for the past few years, and I hope I will meet a few more of you this year.

See you at the expo, and good trading to everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Cooke
United Kingdom
Leeds
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know if it's possible to link items? I have 2 copies of MicroBrew, they can be used separately as 2 player games or used together as a 4 player game, would like a way to either swap them separately or together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Broderick
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MarkCooke wrote:
Does anyone know if it's possible to link items? I have 2 copies of MicroBrew, they can be used separately as 2 player games or used together as a 4 player game, would like a way to either swap them separately or together.

I think you'll have to decide which you'd prefer (one item or two) and leave it at that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Kennington
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to nag, but any chance of a little update to the olwlg? There's loads been added recently...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nigel_hmg wrote:
Sorry to nag, but any chance of a little update to the olwlg? There's loads been added recently...

I would expect that the next refresh will be done once the submission window has closed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ahsan Rasul
United Kingdom
Luton
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
when does the submit option appear?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Darby
United Kingdom
Welshpool
Powys
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Should be at the top of screen 4
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Bunyard
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Noooooooooo! Just found out about math trades, going to Expo, but missed the submission deadline for this list. DAMN!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Broderick
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lankysi wrote:
Noooooooooo! Just found out about math trades, going to Expo, but missed the submission deadline for this list. DAMN!

On the bright side, the regular UK maths trade runs every two months and will next be in June. So you don't have long to wait.

Subscribe to this thread to be notified when it's up: UK ONLY maths trade - Subscribe here!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain Everett
United Kingdom
Dunbar
East Lothian
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never done one of these before, so I just wanted to make sure I've done everything correctly - I followed the OLWLG guides posted in the geeklist, but there's one thing I wanted to double check before it's too late.

At the bottom of my trades (which I have submitted), it has the following line:

Quote:
# Automatic duplicate protection for your want Noria
(Channeller) %6921953 : 6921953-COPY1 6921953-COPY2

That seems fine, but I didn't see two similar lines for the duplicate protection I set up for the two copies of New Angeles and the three copies of Flip City I added to my wants. Is that ok, or have I missed something?

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave D
United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Channeller wrote:

Quote:

I think this might mean that the person offering that game is offering 2 copies. (You can put a %Copies% markup into the text of the offer, or something.) So the system has automatically set up to only give you one of those. (If there had been two discrete copies offered, you would probably have done so manually.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain Everett
United Kingdom
Dunbar
East Lothian
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
divenal wrote:
Channeller wrote:

Quote:

I think this might mean that the person offering that game is offering 2 copies. (You can put a %Copies% markup into the text of the offer, or something.) So the system has automatically set up to only give you one of those. (If there had been two discrete copies offered, you would probably have done so manually.)

Aha, looks like that's it - thanks a lot for the help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daisy and Chris Swaffer
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any update on the official meet-up?

Would be good to have that in place before the trades are assigned so we can make arrangements straight away

EDIT: I see the UKGE programme is out now and it lists a daily 10am Maths Trade meeting point of 1-183
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Harris
United Kingdom
Surbiton
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RallyBat wrote:
Any update on the official meet-up?

Would be good to have that in place before the trades are assigned so we can make arrangements straight away

EDIT: I see the UKGE programme is out now and it lists a daily 10am Maths Trade meeting point of 1-183

Hello,

Yes, good call. We have just confirmed the meetups with the UKGE. Hall 1-183 is where the Playtest Zone is this year. It is in a back corner of Hall 1 but quite near the stage.

We will make an area available for everyone to meet up to do the exchanges on Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 10am.

Look forward to seeing you there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daisy and Chris Swaffer
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
whistleblower wrote:
Yes, good call. We have just confirmed the meetups with the UKGE. Hall 1-183 is where the Playtest Zone is this year. It is in a back corner of Hall 1 but quite near the stage.

We will make an area available for everyone to meet up to do the exchanges on Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 10am.

Look forward to seeing you there.

Thanks Rob!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Harris
United Kingdom
Surbiton
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
===========================================================================================
22/05/19 UPDATE: PRELIMINARY RESULTS ARE IN! THEY HAVE BEEN UPLOADED TO THE OLWLG AS PENDING RESULTS
===========================================================================================

The preliminary results have been uploaded to the OLWLG for ease of viewing. They are NOT official yet. Please report any problems either to me via geekmail or post to the UK Games Expo 2019 No Ship Maths Trade Discussion Thread.

If everything is okay, I'm hoping to make the results official on Thursday morning (23rd). When they are official I will post here and in the discussion thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Harris
United Kingdom
Surbiton
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

===================================================================================
23/05/19 UPDATE: THE RESULTS ARE OFFICIAL. YOU CAN ARRANGE YOUR TRADES AND MAKE YOUR DONATIONS NOW.
===================================================================================

Everything is now uploaded to the OLWLG, so you can go there for more detailed and easier-to-read information. Link: OLWLG

Donation:/ The JustGiving page to donate to the SUDC UK, a charity to raise awarenes of Sudden Unexplained Death in Children, is at this link: https://www.justgiving.com/UKGE2019-MT

The suggested donation for the maths trade is £1 per successful trade, but please feel free to donate more if you wish.

We have 286 trades this year, so let's see if we can raise £286 together. (Unfortunately they have stopped the text to donate service, so you will need to donate through the website.)

ArrangeTrades: Please take the time to contact and respond to your fellow traders to arrange a time and place to meet at Expo. Exchange mobile numbers if possible, so you can rearrange in case there are difficulties. (You can use the OLWLG results to easily create geekmails to other traders.)

It is recommended to use the BGG Trade Manager to keep track of your trades. (And don't forget the sweeteners.) As with other maths trades, trades accepting cash values should take account of BGG's 3% commission fee.

Meetup: This year the Expo are giving us a 10am time slot on Friday, Saturday and Sunday at the Playtest Zone in NEC Hall 1 - 183. Details should be in the programme. I will be at the Playetest Zone most of the time during Expo, so feel free to come and find me there if you have any problems or unsure about where to go.

At the exchange, traders may hold the games aloft to attract attention or come with badges showing their BGG avatar. Please try and get there on time, so the trades can be done quickly and then everyone can get on with having a great Expo.

Please see the UK Games Expo 2019 No Ship Maths Trade Discussion Thread so we can discuss this further.

Happy trading! See you at Expo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ed meads
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
what happens if trader doesn't reply to geekmail I've sent 2 now with no response

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Harris
United Kingdom
Surbiton
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is still a little while to go. Hopefully it will work itself out

If someone doesn’t contact you at all then they would have to pay to send or receive the game afterwards. Let’s hope it doesn’t come to that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harris Tsagas
Greece
Preveza
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
tjed wrote:
what happens if trader doesn't reply to geekmail I've sent 2 now with no response

Have you seen, checking his profile, if he has logged in the last 2 days? Of Yes, send him a new message. If no, wait until he logs in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ed meads
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
whistleblower wrote:
There is still a little while to go. Hopefully it will work itself out

If someone doesn’t contact you at all then they would have to pay to send or receive the game afterwards. Let’s hope it doesn’t come to that.

He has logged in sent 3 messages now no reply trade is for Giza great pyramid

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ahsan Rasul
United Kingdom
Luton
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
just so you all know if you don't see me on the Friday at the meetup, ill be working the boardgames library on the Friday and Saturday evenings

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.