Italy
Bologna
Bologna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys,
recently Mark sent me a request to fix a scenario (C3i04 Orongis) because there was a different block shown in original setup (HC --> EL on Carthaginian side).
So I've decide to start this thread to keep track of all errors spotted in scenario setup.
I'm talking about:
- unit names
- scenario name / date
- unit counts
- unit type
- unit side
- war council
- terrains

If you ever spot something please report it here so that I can consolidate and fix them all publishing the new v 4.2 module.

Waiting for your kind feedback.
Grazie
Ale

Changelog
C3i04 missing LDRs
TT35 missing LDRs
424 missing LDRs

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
a few from the fan site
https://www.commandsandcolors.net/ancients/forum-main.html?v...

https://www.commandsandcolors.net/ancients/forum-main.html?v...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Crespi
Italy
Bologna
Bologna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scenario pictures are fixed right now.
vsav files are already present inside future v 4.2 vassal module.
Ale
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Linneberg
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The button for turning off sound effects has never worked for me, neither on my desktop or laptop (both running Windows 10). (And I still wonder why anyone wants sound effects of marching or dice rolling in any case.)

As well, there was some discussion of being able to turn off extraneous automated logging. For example, when a unit is ordered, it gets the grey circle at its base. But there's also a notice in the text log that it's be ordered. That just clogs up the text log for many of us. Perhaps some of this has been turned off already (like text logging of movement?), but there's still some extra logging that could be eliminated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
marcR
Canada
Orleans
Ontario
flag msg tools
sushidog wrote:
The button for turning off sound effects has never worked for me, neither on my desktop or laptop (both running Windows 10). (And I still wonder why anyone wants sound effects of marching or dice rolling in any case.)

I thought the very same thing initially. I've come around to appreciating the benefit during a lot solo play. I took the opportunity to introduce the game to a new player and wanted to get my headspace back into it after a couple of years of CCN. I ran through a lot of different situations and read the latest rules/faqs in order to present a smoother first play. It was a smashing success and we'll be playing again.

I couldn't shut the sound under linux so this may be more a Java thing than a Windows thing...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERSCHEL SARNOFF
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
4.2 does not appear on the Vassal site.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Crespi
Italy
Bologna
Bologna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
t341 wrote:
4.2 does not appear on the Vassal site.

I haven't published it yet.
I'm waiting to collect as many issues as possible to fix them at once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls