Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Freeman
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
Hi friend! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in Arlington this weekend and I made the terrible mistake of not bringing any board games. Can someone let me know where a good store is? I'm hoping to play a game saturday night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zack Boatman
United States
Tesuque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are in Arlington, then you are probably 30 minutes from the Valley View Mall in Dallas. The Game Chest there is the best game store in the DFW area. You should make the trip; I don't think you'll find much in Arlington.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quinn Munnerlyn
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're in Arlington Lone Star Comics will be closer, I don't know the address right off however.... But should be able to look it up fairly easily.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Blanchett
United States
St Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe there is a Lone Star down by I-20 in Arlington. The one I have been to is in Irving on Belt Line just across from the Irving Mall. It's back in the strip mall at the bend as you head north on Belt Line from 183.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Richbourg
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
This is Kyoshi, our adopted Shiba Inu.
mbmbmbmbmb
The main Lone Star on Abrams has more than the store on I-20. There's also a good game store (better than any in Arlington) up a little north in what must be Euless, BGG mail me if you want directions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Freeman
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
Hi friend! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everybody. I'm going to go with Generation X comics as suggested in a message by Alan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
Gen X Comics is actually in Bedford, just for future reference. They are a great little shop!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan S
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
What!? I finally get my very own video game, but it's a mobile game?!
mbmbmbmbmb
xpiredsodapop wrote:
Gen X Comics is actually in Bedford, just for future reference. They are a great little shop!

Wow, this is a really old thread (2007).

Just for information tho, above in the thread somebody mentioned "Game Chest" in Valley View Mall. This store is now closed, as I used to go there often and went there during their last week. Very sad, as the owners were really nice and fun to talk to.

However, there are some stores around the area still. My favorite is "Madness Games & Comics", which is in Plano on Parker and Custer. A block away is "Lonestar Comics" which has a lot of board games (not as many as Madness tho), at Parker and Independence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
I was looking for other BG stores in our D/FW area besides Lone Star Comics in Hurst. They seem to be really hard on the wallet for some people. I've read about 20+ posts regarding how great Madness is, so I think I'm going to make the late night drive up there tonight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duke
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tiffany has recently opened her shop, Roll2Play in Coppell.

http://www.roll2play.com/store/

She's run the boardgames at the last two Texicons (most recently last weekend in Ft Worth) and is a great person to contact about gaming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Steve!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thomas coe
United States
aubrey
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
or come up to denton and hit up 'more fun and games' on the square. tim is great to work with and knows his stuff!

glad to see that people are always looking to support the local gaming stores!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Smith
United States
Grand Prairie
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is Area 51 in Grapevine. They have a smaller selection than Lone Star, but I think they can order anything you want. It's a big store for Magic and Warhammer if you are into that as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
Trying to find a store that has Dominion nights or get togethers. Seems like everyone is all MTG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Schott
United States
Roanoke
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Where are you located, Alejandro? Madness in Plano has their Saturday Game nights. Bring Dominion and you can probably log some plays (and likely learn a new game or three as well). You might be able to play @ Area 51, but their space is kind of small unless you're doing miniatures. Usable, but small. I seem to remember the Lone Star near the Northeast mall doing some game plays, but not the times.

I've been wondering if it's worth just seeing if we can find a spot in the Keller, Roanoke, Trophy Club, Westlake area to do some board gaming times. It would be a lot of fun to have something a bit closer to home, though it may not have a store nearby.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
Peter,

I live in Hurst and work in Mansfield. My line of work has me working on the weekends and off Tuesday/Wednesday. I keep hearing about Madness in Plano so much that I am tempted to just take a Saturday off and head over there for the day to check it out. I've seen Area 51, nice owner lots of tables. Lone Star in Hurst seems to price gouge (no offense to anyone who shops there often), I just feel that their prices are a bit higher than the norm.

I'd like to get something going in the area around here. Midcities, Keller, Watauga, Roanoke. Not sure how to get that going.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Smith
United States
Grand Prairie
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Area 51 has lots of room. There are approximately 10 tables at the front of the store that seat 4-6 people. They have a group of people that do board games on Wednesday nights. In September, Area 51 is moving across the street to a new store front with even more room.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Cooper
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mb
New place in Coppell, Roll2Play, has tables on Saturdays. You could see if you can set up a meet up there for Dominion. A little farther than Area 51, but not as far as Madness from you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brody Lipperman
United States
Southlake
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
D6 Desparados
mb
xpiredsodapop wrote:
Peter,

I live in Hurst and work in Mansfield. My line of work has me working on the weekends and off Tuesday/Wednesday. I keep hearing about Madness in Plano so much that I am tempted to just take a Saturday off and head over there for the day to check it out. I've seen Area 51, nice owner lots of tables. Lone Star in Hurst seems to price gouge (no offense to anyone who shops there often), I just feel that their prices are a bit higher than the norm.

I'd like to get something going in the area around here. Midcities, Keller, Watauga, Roanoke. Not sure how to get that going.

Alejandro,
I occasionally (with no schedule) will try and get some people together for games at my house in Southlake. There wouldn't be any Dominion played (I burned myself out by playing 1700+ games on Isotropic). I will shoot you a GM next time I am planning one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Jason, I'll check them out this Wednesday!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
lipman wrote:
xpiredsodapop wrote:
Peter,

Alejandro,
I occasionally (with no schedule) will try and get some people together for games at my house in Southlake. There wouldn't be any Dominion played (I burned myself out by playing 1700+ games on Isotropic). I will shoot you a GM next time I am planning one.

Hey absolutely no problem! I'd prefer to just get some board gaming in, my wife and I love to play. There's a group in Mansfield that we play with once a month but sometimes we need to get our fix a couple more times a month, haha.

Been looking to try Puerto Rico, especially Battlestar Galactica, or whatever. Just looking to expand our gaming palettes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
bcooperok wrote:
New place in Coppell, Roll2Play, has tables on Saturdays. You could see if you can set up a meet up there for Dominion. A little farther than Area 51, but not as far as Madness from you.

Thank you Bryan, that is much closer than Plano. I was going to try and hit up Madness last night from work but saw it was an hour drive there and an hour drive back home, haha. I'll just wait until my day off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Schott
United States
Roanoke
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bamf226 wrote:
Area 51 has lots of room. There are approximately 10 tables at the front of the store that seat 4-6 people. They have a group of people that do board games on Wednesday nights. In September, Area 51 is moving across the street to a new store front with even more room.

I'll definitely have to check it out after the move. Right now those tables feel pretty tight and close to the merchandise. That never made me feel quite comfortable to head there to game, though I did note that they seemed to have copies of games available to gamers (seemed - don't know for sure). It doesn't help that I'm booked on Wednesdays and Thursdays so some of these groups are just not going to work for me.

I'll probably still see about what can be done in a non-store setting in the Keller/Roanoke area. The library isn't a bad place to meet, though I'd need to check on that. Our church has a decent-sized meeting hall that could work as well if they'd be open to the idea. (Definitely something to check before going any farther on that one....)

As for prices, it could be that they're charging retail - that's higher than what you'd find online, but otherwise normal. I haven't looked too closely at the prices the last time I was there, but they seemed to be full retail and that's normal for a store in the area in my experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep me updated. Would love to get some more people into a nice Letters from Whitechapel game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Wood
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys,

Just thought I'd chime in, as I have gamed with Brody once, and am definitely looking for more gamers in my neck of the woods (I live in Keller, but right off 170 and 377, so basically Roanoke)

Weeknights would be very hit or miss (and my place is out) as I have 2 small kids (I would certainly try to make if someone else can host), but I try to host a once a month Saturday game day (just had one last weekend), and if you send me a geekmail with your emails, I will be sure and add you to the list. My group is mostly non-gamers who I've known for a while and am trying to convert, with pretty good success so far. We tend to be about 6 on any given Saturday, but if we added a couple more, we could run 2 tables sometimes. We're mostly Ameritrashers, as those tend to support 5 or 6 better, but several of us have no problems playing Euros as well.

Would definitely like to get my gaming fix more than once a month, please hit me up if you guys decide to do something!

Aaron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |