BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Trades

Subject: How can I make a bad rating for an none-seriouse seller? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Viktor Karlsson Mantel
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I contacted this user, Hélio Andrade(helioa) by regular PM here on the geek, asking if his Geekmarket listed item "A Feast for Odin: The Norwegians" still was in stock.

He assured me that it was, he also had quit alot of good raitings, with just a few bad ones.

I purchased the item using Geekmarket, got email on banktransfer.
I send money from my bank to his this friday(3 May).
This monday the money was transfered from my account to him.
I asked him on the same monday if he recieved the money on his account.

He answered the day after (tuesday)that he have not got them.
I then replied that the same day (tuesday) that the transfer happend yesterday and that he should now see the money.

I dident get any respons, so I send yet another mail the day after (wednesday 8th May) asking what was happeing, and yet again I have not any respons.
He still have the item listed as for sell on his Geekmarket.

I start to feel this guy migth do some shady buisness, so I would like to alert other users.

I cant find a way to make a rating on his geekmarket profile.
Any tips?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
before publicly posting you should use the procedure (typo fixed) in the wiki

Marketplace-Trade Dispute Resolution
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
We always have time for the things we put first.
mbmbmbmbmb
Please see Marketplace-Trade Dispute Resolution

Quote:
Please DO NOT air your grievances in the forums.

If he confirmed the geekmarket sale, in the left column of the geekmarket is an option for pending feedback.

https://boardgamegeek.com/geekmarket/account/pendingfeedback
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Viktor Karlsson Mantel
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:
Please see Marketplace-Trade Dispute Resolution

Quote:
Please DO NOT air your grievances in the forums.

If he confirmed the geekmarket sale, in the left column of the geekmarket is an option for pending feedback.

https://boardgamegeek.com/geekmarket/account/pendingfeedback

Thank you, I got an cofirmation: "Geek Market Order Confirmation (#759935)"

I posted a feedback using your link, aswell as puting in a comment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Engelmann
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
Congress of Gamers conventions
badge
Eric's actual photo!
mbmbmbmbmb
Tolchock wrote:

Any tips?

I do a lot of marketplace sales. A few tips:
1. BGG sellers are not large corporations selling millions of items each year by employing thousands of people. They usually aren't glued to their screen processing orders, all day, the instant they arrive. They are just gamers, with jobs and lives. Be patient.

2. When you contact a seller to tell him your payment has been sent, include the PayPal ID, transaction number, date of payment, amount of payment, your BGG name, and what you paid for. It's not all that unusual for a PayPal payment to be made to the wrong ID. Don't make the seller play a game of Clue to figure out what happened, when you have the facts that will make it easy for him. More frequent sellers are very sensitive to the TIME it takes to interact with customers in any sale.

3. When I run into a buyer who doesn't follow instructions and sends a PayPal payment with no message as to what it's for, and not even their BGG name, I generally refund the payment to avoid problems and wasting a lot of time.

4. There are many more exasperating buyers than crooked sellers. It's quite unlikely you will be cheated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Viktor Karlsson Mantel
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eric Engelmann wrote:
Tolchock wrote:

Any tips?

I do a lot of marketplace sales. A few tips:
1. BGG sellers are not large corporations selling millions of items each year by employing thousands of people. They usually aren't glued to their screen processing orders, all day, the instant they arrive. They are just gamers, with jobs and lives. Be patient.

2. When you contact a seller to tell him your payment has been sent, include the PayPal ID, transaction number, date of payment, amount of payment, your BGG name, and what you paid for. It's not all that unusual for a PayPal payment to be made to the wrong ID. Don't make the seller play a game of Clue to figure out what happened, when you have the facts that will make it easy for him. More frequent sellers are very sensitive to the TIME it takes to interact with customers in any sale.

3. When I run into a buyer who doesn't follow instructions and sends a PayPal payment with no message as to what it's for, and not even their BGG name, I generally refund the payment to avoid problems and wasting a lot of time.

4. There are many more exasperating buyers than crooked sellers. It's quite unlikely you will be cheated.

I have bought geekstuff before and It have never been a problem.
If you know you have a transaction pending I say you should be somewhat on the alert to satisfy the costumer.

It have now been almost one week, and not a word from this guy.

What kind of action can I take now? This guy has basicly robbed me of my money.
He put out something on geekmarket, confirmed my order, and as soon as the money was sent, total silince...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
None Ya
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eric Engelmann wrote:
Tolchock wrote:

Any tips?

These!

When I make a pay a seller I always make sure that either my username or the Geek Order ID # is on there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
None Ya
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tolchock wrote:

I have bought geekstuff before and It have never been a problem.
If you know you have a transaction pending I say you should be somewhat on the alert to satisfy the costumer.

It have now been almost one week, and not a word from this guy.

What kind of action can I take now? This guy has basicly robbed me of my money.
He put out something on geekmarket, confirmed my order, and as soon as the money was sent, total silince...

This is why I ALWAYS and ONLY will use PayPal for payment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.