Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Fedel
United States
Winston-Salem
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So since we don't need to create listings for cash, do we offer cash trades during the creation of our want matrix?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben R
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
Why play 'em when you can trade 'em?!?!
badge
And on the 8th day, God said "Let there be Math Trades"
mbmbmbmbmb
Fedelis wrote:
So since we don't need to create listings for cash, do we offer cash trades during the creation of our want matrix?

When you add an item to your WL,you can fill in the cash field.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Astrea Anwell
United States
flag msg tools
Hello friends.

Is it possible for the math trade to give you games that are not on your want list? I am concerned about putting up a game in the math trade that I don't play often and getting a game in return that I will never play. In which case, it would be better to sell the original game. I would love some insight on this.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Kelley
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Astrea! You can pick which games you'd accept in trade, so you won't get anything you don't want. I'm not 100% sure about whether the trades are automatic once you've done that though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zhi liao
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
so after you click on the heart icon as a game you are interested in, is there a way to prioritize what games you want first for the trade? can you make a direct offer for the game or does the engine do all the trading for you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben R
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A few quick notes:

Listing a game does not obligate you to trade it. Pairing it with something you want does.

The system does not assign you a game in return for those you list, rather it matches the games your offering with games you told it you'd be happy to accept in return.

There is no way to tell it you'd be happy with A, B, or C, but would prefer A.

It is acceptable to send a private message to someone and work out a deal outside of the trade, but if there is acceptance, make sure the games involved get removed from the trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zhi liao
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
okay how do you "pair a game" you want to trade. Let's say there is a copy of gloomhaven on the math trade, and I would be willing to trade my copy of small world and bloodrage for it, how does one go about "pairing that trade "

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Kelley
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@Ben R, There's no way, on abecorn, to tell who has marked your game for their 'interested' list, is there?

IF pairing games obligates you to trade, what happens when game A is paired with Game B and C and games B and C are both paired with A? Do you get to [ick then? That's more of an idle curiosity question sparked by the discussion above.

@zhi liao, I think after you heart it you may have to click the + button to actually add it to your list.

Make Trades>Graph and Trade Matrix lets you pair, but I'm not sure you can specify Game D+E for F. The default seems to be Game D or E for F.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben R
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SarahKelley wrote:
@Ben R, There's no way, on abecorn, to tell who has marked your game for their 'interested' list, is there?

Not until after the trade is over. Same with the OLWLG.

SarahKelley wrote:
IF pairing games obligates you to trade, what happens when game A is paired with Game B and C and games B and C are both paired with A? Do you get to [ick then? That's more of an idle curiosity question sparked by the discussion above.

The algorithm will pick from one of the options you gave it and assign one or the other. It doesn't care and will simply choose the option that facilitates the highest number of trades in the chain.

SarahKelley wrote:
@zhi liao, I think after you heart it you may have to click the + button to actually add it to your list.

Make Trades>Graph and Trade Matrix lets you pair, but I'm not sure you can specify Game D+E for F. The default seems to be Game D or E for F.

Correct All trades are 1 listing for 1 listing. The only way to trade 2 games for 1 is to list them together as one listing. If it wasn't 1-for-1, someone would end up short a game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Astrea Anwell
United States
flag msg tools
Aside from <3'ing the games that we are interested in with the math trade, how do we show which games we would accept for which we have listed? Is it the "make the trade option?"

You show this in your example of how it works. Any help with this would be great! Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Kelley
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Click on the game.
At the bottom right there's a + sign. Click it.
Go to Make Trades then to Graph and Trade Matrix.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
www.whoshuffled.com
badge
mb
Is the participation much lower this year?
It seems like there are much fewer games listed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carolyn Callahan
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tomcat0 wrote:
Is the participation much lower this year?
It seems like there are much fewer games listed.

It seems so. I suspect it is a variety of issues, but the main one may be the lack of communication? We haven't been getting emails from the Con, (like in the past) where they have announced and reminded people of this and the VFM. Since I am not on FB, I don't know what they are doing over there. I honestly can't remember how I found the MT, but I do remember seeing it referenced every year, and finally jumping in last year.

I also have several games listed in the VFM, that I plan to add to the MT in the next few days, so maybe there are people planning the same? (HOPE SO!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben R
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The math trade has been slowly dying for the last 5 years at DTC. This Co has one of the most successful virtual flea markets, and I think folks just prefer that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
www.whoshuffled.com
badge
mb
I just heard about it from the FB post. Just figured I was in the dark. Have there been any Dive Tower Guild posts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.