Subject: New cards, modules and territories in detail. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fab C
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
Finally!

This expansion is now available in France. Since I don't know how much time non-french fans will have to wait to receive it, I will share some concrete informations about the content and few pictures.

Before starting, I have to say that I'm very impressed by the content, especially all the new arts. I love the new epic tales artworks as much as the core game, if not more. There's more variety of scale and the art style is overall more consistent than in the base game.

I didn't have the time to test it yet, but I already want to thank Christian Martinez, Matagot and the artists for Seasons of Inis!

(This post is updated gradually)

⤛ The new Action cards & the Seasons module ⤜

(I used my smartphone to take the pictures, don't judge )

Little reminder : the new term "shared territory" identifies territories where 2 players or more are present.

The Seasons

(Don't expect the most elegant english translation. )

Spring

- The Assembly: The players with the lowest number of cards in their hands place one clan in a territory where they are present.[Example: If they have 4, 4, 5 and 6, the players having 4 cards are concerned] If all players have the same number of cards, no one earns a clan.
- Season: /

Summer

- The Assembly: The player having clans present in most shared territories chooses one of those shared territories and select one of these options:
--Add one clan.
--Add one sanctuary.
--Add one citadel.
--Add a new territory that has to be adjacent to the shared territory, if impossible, place it in another valid spot. Each player present in the shared territory can move one clan to the new territory without provoking a clash.
In case of a tie, each player concerned selects one single option (that can only be selected once). If all players are in a tie, no one gains anything.
- Season: During his turn, instead of playing a season card the player can discard one action card to move up to 3 clans from a territory to an adjacent territory.

Fall

- The Assembly: Each player can discard Epic Tale cards and add one clan in a territory where they are the chieftain for each discarded card.
Then each player holding more than 3 Epic Tales in hand discard the surplus.
- Season: /

Winter

- The Assembly: Each player can discard one action card to draw an Epic Tale card.
- Season: Each move is limited to 3 clans maximum.

The updated Action cards

Exploration (added text: )
If the drawn territory is an island, follow the placement rules for islands. Then, if the territory allows it, place one clan, otherwise place the clan into the capital.

Druid (modifications: )
For 2 to 4 players game, the player has to hold at least one action card in hand to be able to play Druid. For a 5-player game, at least 2 action cards in hand are required to play Druid.

The new Action cards for the 5-player module

Harmony of the clans
Option 1) In each shared territory where you are present, you may add one clan.
Option 2) Add 1 clan in a territory where you are present.

Fili
Place the Fili token in a shared territory. Until the end of the season, all effect that would provoke a clash in that territory doesn't provoke a clash. At the end of the season, remove the Fili token.

The Land and the King
Option 1) Discard one advantage card to draw one Epic Tale card.
Option 2) You may give an advantage card to a player present in the corresponding territory to earn a deed. If you do, the other player may add one clan in this territory.

Coalition
Move any number of clans from a shared territory to an adjacent territory. Choose an opponent present in the starting territory, he can also move his clans to the same destination. You are the invader. You and this other player cannot use citadels or attack each other during the following clash.

⤛ The new Territories & their Advantage cards ⤜

The normal Territories

(The updated Cove is not in the pictures)

The (udpated) Cove
The tile has a square bottom left that says "this territory comes in play with a harbor".

Aber
On the tile: "This territory comes in play with a harbor"
Advantage card: Move any number of clans from a neighbor territory of Aber to another neighbor territory of Aber.

The Salmons Creek
Advantage card: Add a clan in territory that contains a harbor and where you are present.

Natural Haven
Advantage card: Move any number of clans from the Natural Haven to one or more territories containing a harbor.

The islands Territories

(reminder: those territories can't be in physical contact with any territory)

Isle of Joy
On the tile: "This territory comes in play with a harbor" + "No clan can move from the isle of Joy by using an Action card."
Advantage card: Move one of your clan from the Isle of Joy to a neighbor territory.

Inis Mona
On the tile: "This territory comes in play with a harbor and a sanctuary"
Advantage card (Triskel): When one or multiple enemy clans move to Inis Mona: Draw an Epic Tale card.

Hy Breasil
On the tile: "This territory comes in play with a harbor" + "If there's no clan on Hy Breasil, only Epic tale cards can add clans or move clans on it."
Advantage card (Triskel): Don't return the card at the end of the season, but only at the end of the step 2-Victory of the Assembly phase. During the Assembly, at the step 2-Victory, this card counts as a deed.

⤛ The 15 new Epic Tale cards ⤜

The Banshee’s scream
If there’s no Banshee token in game, place one Banshee token under the clan of each player.
When one of those clans is lost, remove the Banshee token.
At the end of the season, all the clans that have a Banshee token are lost.

The Maelduin’s expedition
Place a new territory.
Move one of your clans to this territory.
Then, you may place a new territory and move the same clan.
Finally, you may do it again for a third time.

Macha’s curse
Place the Macha’s curse token in a territory of your choice. The clans of this territory cannot be moved. At the end of the season, remove the token.

Sacred hill of Tara
Exchange the capital with a citadel of a shared territory that contains at least one sanctuary.

The Sword of Nuada (Triskel)
During a clash, when an opponent plays a Triskel card: the card has no effect.
Then, you draw 2 Epic Tale cards, give one of them to this opponent and keep the other for yourself.

Comac Mac Airt
If you have a Pretender token, move any number of clans from one or multiple neighbor territories of the capital to the capital. If a clash is triggered, you may use the citadels and you start the phase of the citadels. (My interpretation: you are the first player to play the phase of the citadels)

The Cathleann's prophecy
If there's at least 3 Action cards in the discard pile, shuffle it and draw 3 Action cards.
Give one Action cards to another player, keep one for yourself and discard the last one.

The Pwill's exchange

Exchange one of your clan with an enemy clan from another territory.
You can't select the only opponent's clan present in the other territory.

Rhiannon the rider
Move one of your clans to any territory. This doesn't provoke a clash.

The Wrath of Finn Mac Cool (Triskel)
During a clash, as a maneuver:
Move up to 2 enemy clans engaged to one or two neighbor territories.
This doesn't provoke a clash.

The Tales of Fintan

Place a clan in a shared territory where you are present. Draw as many Epic Tale cards as there are players present in this territory. Look at those cards and give one to each player of this territory.

Niall of the Nine Hostages
Add a clan from another player of your choice in any territory.
Then, you may add a clan in a territory where you are present.

The Journey of Bran
Place a new territory. Beginning by the next player after you, each player present in a shared territory of your choice may move any number of clans from the choosen territory to the new territory.
Those movements don't provoke clashes.
Take the Advantage card of the new territory.

The Sons of Milé
Attach a harbor to a territory that doesn't contain one already.
Place a clan on this territory.

Feth Fiada (Triskel)
During a clash, when you are attacked:
The attack doesn't have any effect.
Move any number of your engaged clans to another adjacent territory where you are the chieftain.
This doesn't provoke a clash.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett W.
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Thank you so much for this post!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe A
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Land and the King seems OP
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex DeRosa
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you so much! I love Fili and Coalition! I have this game pre-ordered and am really excited to get it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco Simionato
Italy
Mestre
Venezia
flag msg tools
- Fili --> exiting
- Coalition --> amazing!
- Harmony of the clans --> strong, not sure how much, i like the shared terrictory thing
- The Land and the King --> seems a little too strong, meta defining

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fab C
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
Post updated with the new territories.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Walsh
Ireland
Lucan
Co Dublin
flag msg tools
mbmb
FreeArt wrote:
Post updated with the new territories.

Interesting. I'm a bit surprised that they're using the Irish spelling for Inis Mona, as opposed to Ynys Môn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Dzuricky
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
You're a god. Has anyone told you that yet? I'm gonna share this content with Reddit, citing you as the source.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fab C
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
I was sooo avid of informations for ages, to the point I'm pretty sure I was the first human on earth to hit destroy the pre-order button .
So the least I can do is to make the waiting more bearable for the rest of us!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett W.
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
The islands sound extremely awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek K.
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Where do the banshees come into play? From an epic tales card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
English edition is available from Matagot directly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fab C
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
Post updated with 6 new Epic Tale cards.
I also corrected some typos and improved the wording but nothing that changed the meaning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corum irsei
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, 'The Maelduin’s expedition' is awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke

Newark
New Jersey
msg tools
Question about coalition, it seems like you coumd get into a situation where a player cannot perform a manuver on their turn in the clash which I don't believe is allowed. Imagine there is tiles 1, 2, and 3.players A and B are on 1 while player B is chieftain of 3, and no one is on 2. Player A uses coalition to move to 2 and player B follows. The clash starts and player B plans on using his manuver to retreat to tile 3 where he is chieftain however player A goes first as he is instigator.

1. If player A has no epic tale manuvers and is not chieftain of any neighboring tiles he can retreat to, since he is not allowed to attack B, may he pass.

2. If player A is chieftain of a neighboring region is he forced to retreat there?

3. If player A is not chieftain of a neighboring region but has an epic tale manuver he can play is he forced to use it.

4. If the epic tale manuver removes an exposed clan, can he play that epic tale manuver or does that count as attacking B

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I'm not sure I understand: if no one is on 2, getting to 2 doesn't start a clash, Coalition or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke

Newark
New Jersey
msg tools
Hm, I guess it could have 2 clans of player C on 2, A and B take their actions to attack player C who removes a clan for each attack, then it goes back to A in the same situation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fab C
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
Dear Christian, could you confirm my interpretation of The Land and the King? For its second option, I'm not sure if giving the advantage card is a deliberate choice or if it has to be triggered by something else.

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadowelectric wrote:
Hm, I guess it could have 2 clans of player C on 2, A and B take their actions to attack player C who removes a clan for each attack, then it goes back to A in the same situation.

Ok I see.
It’s time to agree and end the clash then! But yes, one of them could retreat before that, if able.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
FreeArt wrote:
Dear Christian, could you confirm my interpretation of The Land and the King? For its second option, I'm not sure if giving the advantage card is a deliberate choice or if it has to be triggered by something else.

Thank you!

That effect is not a triskel, so it’s not triggered, it’s deliberate.

Have fun
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett W.
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Can you explain the relationship between the new exploration card and the new territories? Which territory would not allow you to place a clan there and force you to place one in the capital? Hy Breasil?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it’s Hy Breasil, and maybe another in the future
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
mb
Christian, I love you, and so do two of my closest friends. We LOVE your game, it seems like a real labour of love. Thank you for making it. It's a really beautiful piece of work, and one of my all time favourite games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BestCheckedIn wrote:
Land and the King seems OP

What's OP about it?

Bard is a better card for getting an epic tale card.
Bard also has a method for getting a deed, but it doesn't help out an opponent when you use it that way.

Master Craftsman is a better card for getting an epic tale card.
Master Craftsman is similar in that it benefits an opponent too, but giving them an epic tale card is situationally stronger than Land and the King.

Sure, if you can get all 3, and manage to get 3 deeds during your turn; that's huge. But, with 5-players, it seems really unlikely. And, given the options, I'd take Bard or Master Craftsman first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Perchy wrote:
... lots of kind words...

blushblushblush
Well... thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.