keunchol jung
South Korea
flag msg tools
The Castles of Burgundy

Hi! I'm Keunchol Jung.
I'm Korean Cartoonist and Boardgamer.

Today's game is The Castles of Burgundy
If you have a interest my cartoon,
Please visit @keunchol_jung

Thank you!!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
keunchol jung
South Korea
flag msg tools






2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travalgar the Drifter
Indonesia
City of Heroes
flag msg tools
Angry dragon! In ssspaaace!!!
badge
I think dragons are the quintessential element of fantasy in the same way outer space is for sci-fi.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I find it hard to understand the texts.

What are these supposed to mean?
"A game of choice beauty of it with dice" ???
"Need to earn points by making a land efficency" Efficency is not the correct spelling of the word efficiency, and even then how you use it is wrong.
"*The eyes of the dice must match" ??? This is not even a rule.
"Makes even beginners interesting" Which one is interesting? The game, or the player?

Even the last panel dialog bubble is confusing. The topmost balloon shouldn't be connected to the middle one, because it is said by the first person while the middle balloon is by the second person.

I get it that English might not be your first language, but you still have to make your work understandable to your main demographic (which, I guess, is the English-speaking board game players, since you posted on BGG). Check your spelling and grammars.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
keunchol jung
South Korea
flag msg tools
Thank you for your advice.

We(i and translator) had inspected this cartoon.
but i skipped to upload that. after your reminding, i upload the latest version of cartoon.

the thing of matching dice's eyes is related with next cut(using workers).
i expect your another advice of following cartoon.

thank you
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
Avatar
mb
Travalgar wrote:

"*The eyes of the dice must match" ??? This is not even a rule.


Not match each other, match what you want on the board.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Clevidence
United States
Woodburn
Oregon
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to ask: is "eyes" a literal translation from Korean? Calling them eyes really appeals to me, for some reason. We call them "pips" in English--for no reason that I know of (although it's a fun word). I just looked "pip" up in my dictionary and there five other definitions. I had never heard any of them before and none of them have any obvious connection to dice.

Anyway, I'm very curious about the word choice. I like learning about other languages and dialects (especially idioms).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Clevider wrote:
I have to ask: is "eyes" a literal translation from Korean? Calling them eyes really appeals to me, for some reason. We call them "pips" in English--for no reason that I know of (although it's a fun word). I just looked "pip" up in my dictionary and there five other definitions. I had never heard any of them before and none of them have any obvious connection to dice.

Anyway, I'm very curious about the word choice. I like learning about other languages and dialects (especially idioms).


I've alwayes heard when you roll double 1's that you have rolled "Snake Eyes". Maybe it's something along those lines. That being said, I'm a native English speaker and sometimes only have a tenuous grasp on it, lol. So foreign languages and colloquialisms are not my strong suit.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey Larsen
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
The Joeymans chose one to lead them.....The Joeyman
badge
Anyone who thinks that Avatar is a guy with a blue face needs an airbender
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Frankly, I enjoy the fact that the cartoon doesn't quite match what would be said in English generally. All your base are belong to us!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
Avatar
mb
Halborn wrote:
Clevider wrote:
I have to ask: is "eyes" a literal translation from Korean? Calling them eyes really appeals to me, for some reason. We call them "pips" in English--for no reason that I know of (although it's a fun word). I just looked "pip" up in my dictionary and there five other definitions. I had never heard any of them before and none of them have any obvious connection to dice.

Anyway, I'm very curious about the word choice. I like learning about other languages and dialects (especially idioms).


I've alwayes heard when you roll double 1's that you have rolled "Snake Eyes". Maybe it's something along those lines. That being said, I'm a native English speaker and sometimes only have a tenuous grasp on it, lol. So foreign languages and colloquialisms are not my strong suit.


Good point.
I have only ever heard "pips," except in the case of "snake eyes".
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The hardest part of becoming a self-made man has got to be creating your own DNA sequences.
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I think that all right-thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyDollar wrote:
Good point.
I have only ever heard "pips," except in the case of "snake eyes".


Interesting. Here on the Great Plains, I've mostly heard them called "dots". But we also use the terms "snake eyes" for double-ones and "boxcars" for double-sixes.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
claymore_57 wrote:
JohnnyDollar wrote:
Good point.
I have only ever heard "pips," except in the case of "snake eyes".


Interesting. Here on the Great Plains, I've mostly heard them called "dots". But we also use the terms "snake eyes" for double-ones and "boxcars" for double-sixes.


Boxcars was a new one for me, until I started listening to The Dukes of Dice podcast and they have a Boxcar Award when they both give a game a score of 6. Embarassingly, it took me a bit to figure that out!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.