5 Posts

Blue Peg, Pink Peg» Forums » General

Subject: Gaia Project rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Salvatore del Popolo
msg tools
mb
I think I speak on behalf of every single peghead out there when I say that we are all waiting eagerly for a deep dive review of Gaia Project. I don't know why it's important but I just need to know what Robb thinks of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Kelly
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not a bad idea. Robb gave his initial impressions in Episode 110. I can say for myself, for the time being at least it has supplanted Terra Mystica.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryant Hudson
United States
Cullman
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
Maybe your army comes and maybe it’s too much for us, but it’s all on you. Because if we can’t protect the Earth, you can be damn well sure we’ll avenge it.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be interested to see if things sway back toward TM once the newly announced expansion becomes available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Richardson
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I dont' know if I'd want a deep dive necessarily, but I would be curious to hear if Robb replayed it. (I might be behind an episode). I remember Robb's first impressions were similar to mine... but lately it seems like I'm the only person who prefers Terra Mystica. I only have the one play, so I'm starting to think I need to try it more... or maybe I just convinced myself because I really don't want to repurchase 90% the same game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach Carter
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think both games are great, and a collection could easily include both, if the owner was a big enough fan of that style of game. However, as part of a gaming couple there is no contest. The two player experience is simply better with Gaia. So, as soon as I found myself ordering a $30 game from miniature market, I just tacked it on and got free shipping. 24 plays in, and it has emerged as my favorite game of all time, for the moment. I would still play Terra Mystica any time, and it has the 5 player support that Gaia lacks. Would love to play Gaia with Robb some time and see what his objections are, and if they've changed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.