Ed Rozmiarek
United States
Liberty Hill
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeremy,

I had a question about which Church chairs you got. As uncomfortable as it is, I have a very large person who comes to our house for gaming and this weekend bent a third, cheap folding chair. They are great friends and we want them to keep coming over, but I need to get some sturdier chairs for him and his wife. I see these church chairs are rated to 800 lbs so they should support them. Which model would you recommend?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Virnig
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The site he mentioned was www.churchchairs4less.com

You might have some luck with these 21" wide cushioned chairs. They claim they are very strong and wide enough to be comfortable for any size of rear -end

https://www.churchchairs4less.com/church-chairs-21-inch-wide...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Holmes
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ed - I got the 21" model that Tim mentioned. Your situation is one of the considerations I was looking at in the new game room. From what I can tell so far, the frame is really sturdy and well built, so I'm hoping they live up to the rating.

Frankly, I couldn't find any other source of chairs that were both this price and rated this sturdy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Virnig
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They claim that the Hercules can hold up to 800 lbs with sturdy 16 gauge steel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pollock
United States
Seven Hills
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Could you follow up on the podcast your opinions of the different items you purchased for your game room. I am in need of chairs and wonder what your opinion of this company's product.

thank you, mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Schott
United States
Roanoke
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As a regular user of church chairs, they're comfortable and sturdy. They can take a large load. The main complaint might be that they are larger than wooden chairs, but for a reason - they're designed to seat people for an hour or two at a time comfortably. Most have some option for adding scotch guard or similar to protect the fabric (as drinks/food are common for these as well). Usually you can stack 6-8 high if you need the space.

Most likely you won't need the under-seat book-holder or the back-of-seat pouches.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Anthony
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Talk of church chairs instantly brings thoughts of SNL and The Church Lady ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Kelly
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
snordboard wrote:
Talk of church chairs instantly brings thoughts of SNL and The Church Lady ;-)

Well, isn't that special.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Holmes
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, I did order the versions with the under-seat racks but haven't installed them yet. We do a fair amount of RPGing and thought it would be a good place for books, and the pouch is a good place to put the rulebook for the game you're playing when you aren't referencing it.

Downside, the stairs don't stack with the rack is installed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Holmes
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mpollockrph wrote:
Could you follow up on the podcast your opinions of the different items you purchased for your game room. I am in need of chairs and wonder what your opinion of this company's product.

thank you, mike

Sure - now that the room is pretty much done we'll be moving our gameplays there, so we'll be able to have the whole cast discuss soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Schott
United States
Roanoke
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They should still stack, but maybe this is a different brand of chair. We tear down every week at a church where our chorus rehearses and they have racks and stack well. (and in those cases, those hand-trucks are _great_ )

Just saying that if you only want a chair for sitting, you can likely not worry about those and perhaps see if there are options without the things on the sides to hook chairs together.

I can definitely see the usefulness for stashing RPG stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.