Hide
8 Posts

The 7th Continent» Forums » Rules

Subject: Anjikas ability and War Paint rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Son Hades
msg tools
Anjikas ability tells you to discard a stealth card (from hand or inventory) to take a aggressiveness card from the discard pile.

I wonder if it is possible to discard a War Paint (stealth and aggressiveness) from my inventory and immediately take the same War Paint card back into my hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As you do it in sequence, first discard, then take, I would say yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Son Hades
msg tools
I thought so too, thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randal Divinski
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, if this reading is correct, you can use the ability to "regenerate" any aggressive keyword item (to 6 pips) as long as you have Warpaint in hand, inventory, or discard pile (in which case you would need another stealth card to start the combo).

P.S. The strength of the combo would depend on the resource cost of re-crafting Warpaint.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Son Hades
msg tools
Exactly, you can also regenerate stealth items and Warpaint costs only 1 card (resource foliage).
It is really very strong, perhaps too strong for my taste...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gjertsen
United States
Acworth
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rulethechaos wrote:
Anjikas ability tells you to discard a stealth card (from hand or inventory) to take a aggressiveness card from the discard pile.

I wonder if it is possible to discard a War Paint (stealth and aggressiveness) from my inventory and immediately take the same War Paint card back into my hand.

The rules state: "It is not allowed to deconstruct an item voluntarily by just discarding one card from an item that is made up of multiple
cards, unless it is part of the effect of the Item card"

So what you said only makes sense if War Paint is discarded along with whatever other items it is combined with, and then only War Paint can come back into your hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gjertsen wrote:
Rulethechaos wrote:

The rules state: "It is not allowed to deconstruct an item voluntarily by just discarding one card from an item that is made up of multiple
cards, unless it is part of the effect of the Item card"

So what you said only makes sense if War Paint is discarded along with whatever other items it is combined with, and then only War Paint can come back into your hand.
what that rule means, is you can't just discard one card of an item, but you are allowed to discard an item stack at any time.
However her ability card allows her to discard a card, so you can even take that from an item.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bredon
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rulethechaos wrote:
Exactly, you can also regenerate stealth items and Warpaint costs only 1 card (resource foliage).
It is really very strong, perhaps too strong for my taste...

I would say that since the 'discard' and 'take' are in the same sectence, that the ability can only target cards that are in the discard pile at the start. In other words, you declare 'i am discarding War Paint to take XXXX', then discard War Paint, and you must take XXXX.

There is an advanced skill with the same keywords, so if you purchase that, you can still do the loop to restore, but it requires 2 specific cards, and one has to be in the discard and the other in Anjika's play area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls