Lucien Copus
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the deck of 50 cards I found
Spoiler (click to reveal)
A new song - The Hope Eater

Once I've successfully used the action on that card, it gave me a green hand card 809 with the same name.

Card Text
During the Result step of an action you are involved in, randomly take 2 cards from the discard pile per revealed robot card and shuffle them back into the Action Deck. Then, another random involved character takes a 750 card.

If more than one robot card was revealed, discard this

Question is, if I'm playing solo, can I just ignore the negative part, as I've no companions to be affected by it, or does it just hit me instead?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another clearly states it‘s not you.
This would also be the case in a multiplayer game where you decide to do an action alone
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucien Copus
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jack Spirio wrote:
Another clearly states it‘s not you.
This would also be the case in a multiplayer game where you decide to do an action alone

Yeah that was my interpretation, sweet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bredon
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That sounds like an ideal song for Lovecraft.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
There is no try...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same queries so thank you for posting this

Now that I have this card, it seems ridiculously good for solo and for action deck longevity in general. I am very new to this game, but something tells me I do not want to get rid of this card, ever!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
like most green cards you do not want to lose them, but they have some restriction, when they remove themself

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucien Copus
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mossquito wrote:
I had the same queries so thank you for posting this

Now that I have this card, it seems ridiculously good for solo and for action deck longevity in general. I am very new to this game, but something tells me I do not want to get rid of this card, ever!

I lost it once, but then got it back again. Though then I had fun discovering the answer to the ultimate question,
learned what was on card 042 and suddenly it wasn't so useful anymore
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
There is no try...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought the card that summons it stays under your S&J card/in your binder? It doesn't say to discard or banish after it has been successfully used does it (or am I not remembering it correctly)?

EDIT: the effect of the summoning card staying in your hand means that if you lose 809, you can just get it back after resetting...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucien Copus
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah if you lose it, the card that lets you get it again will still be there. But as it's a musical score, you need an instrument to get it back, and I don't usually have a good one of those handy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls