Subject: Find Pathway rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Likos
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can Demitri (top right explorer) perform the find pathway action and flip the exploration card below him, even though there isn't an orange arrow pointing to it?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John K
United States
flag msg tools
Yes.

Also, if a similar setup occurs and you had to discard all the left cards to make room, he could still walk there too because it's adjacent terrain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Swartzell
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Simple answer: no

More complicated answer
Spoiler (click to reveal)
look more carefully at the card he is on. You are missing something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Likos
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
perzquixle wrote:
Yes.

Also, if a similar setup occurs and you had to discard all the left cards to make room, he could still walk there too because it's adjacent terrain.

Thanks. Does this mean that the 4 circular arrow things on exploration cards (sometimes still after revealed) and permanent events (sorry if wrong term)show what tiles actions on them can be accessed from?

Hope that makes sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Likos
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pswartzell wrote:
Simple answer: no

More complicated answer
look more carefully at the card he is on. You are missing something.

Uh oh. conflicting answers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Zigmond
United Kingdom
Durham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anything with a big gold arrow pointing at the card you're on is something you can perform actions on. So the answer to your question is yes, you can.

The presence or absence of an orange arrow only refers to whether you put an Exploration card there when first drawing that Terrain card. Since there is already such a card there (placed from another Terrain card) it's perfectly OK to take the action to flip it, from any adjacent card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Likos
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
robinz wrote:
Anything with a big gold arrow pointing at the card you're on is something you can perform actions on. So the answer to your question is yes, you can.

Got it. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Likos
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And I would replace with green card 104 even though resolved from north, and the 104 is from the west

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucien Copus
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dlikos wrote:
And I would replace with green card 104 even though resolved from north, and the 104 is from the west

Yep, that's correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Zigmond
United Kingdom
Durham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You mean 004 - but yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Likos
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
whoopsy. Yep.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I house rule to not allow the above, but it is certainly legal via RaW (Rules as Written) and it was officially confirmed to be OK too.

It is actually possible (through a rather contrived method) to remove the bottom-left card from play without removing the foggy card, which would mean you can explore the card and have no idea what card should replace it! The method is too contrived for this to really be a problem, though, so the official stance is fine, I just choose not to follow it.

One final thing: Even though the action on the foggy card is made available to the explorers on both terrain cards, they cannot participate in the same exploration to reveal it as they are on different cards. One or the other of them will have to do the action alone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucien Copus
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where this really breaks is during the
Icy Maze

Where you can have 2 different numbers pointing at the same exploration tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Zigmond
United Kingdom
Durham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@Clipper, I'm intrigued now - what is the contrived sequence of play you're referring to? I can't think of any way to get rid of the bottom-left card without saving the game, which obviously removes the fog card too (and which then can't come back out until you reveal that bottom-left card again).

I'm assuming you're referring to something specific to a particular location, where you're told to banish/return a card from play. But even then it's not obvious to me how the situation you refer to could be contrived.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bredon
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
robinz wrote:
@Clipper, I'm intrigued now - what is the contrived sequence of play you're referring to? I can't think of any way to get rid of the bottom-left card without saving the game, which obviously removes the fog card too (and which then can't come back out until you reveal that bottom-left card again).

I'm assuming you're referring to something specific to a particular location, where you're told to banish/return a card from play. But even then it's not obvious to me how the situation you refer to could be contrived.

He's referring to the rule about running out of table space, where you can remove a terrain card without removing an attached exploration card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Zigmond
United Kingdom
Durham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah yes, that's something I have to do relatively often so not sure why I didn't think of it. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, it's the table space rule. You'd have to be trying very hard to get that situation to occur in a real life session, so it's really just a technicality and easily avoided.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikkel Øberg
Denmark
Gundsømagle
flag msg tools
badge
Ahh, you found me... Run!
mbmbmbmbmb
For completeness' sake, the official ruling that allows this:

https://the7thcontinent.seriouspoulp.com/en/forum/topic/425/...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randal Divinski
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would suggest the OP put the original graphic in spoiler quotes. There is nothing in the headline to warn a new player that there are terrain spoilers. Granted, "tutorial island" is familiar to most, but still...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls