Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Gjertsen
United States
Acworth
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the hunt Adventure cards state pretty clearly that when you choose between more than one animal on a successful hunt result, the unchosen options are returned. Is the consumed animal discarded?

There seem to be lots of places in the game where it doesn't specifically tell you what to do with a green-backed card after it is resolved, and by default we're playing discard rather than return (or banish). Just not 100% we're handling this correctly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geert O
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
gjertsen wrote:
Is the consumed animal discarded?

Yes, after the effects / actions on the chosen animal card are resolved, the card is discarded to the Past.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randal Divinski
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ogeert wrote:
gjertsen wrote:
Is the consumed animal discarded?
Yes, after the effects / actions on the chosen animal card are resolved, the card is discarded to the Past.
The consequence of this is that that animal will no longer be available to hunt until after your next save. This is worth remembering if you go a long time between saves and a lot of hunting is involved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtiss Cox
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
The hunt result cards all have the Hourglass symbol on them (upper left).

The symbol indicates that the card is a Temporary Event, and all Temporary Events are handled the same way - immediately resolve the card and then discarded (unless specifically noted otherwise).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve C
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gjertsen wrote:
the unchosen options are returned.

I think I must have been doing this wrong. I have been putting all the cards that were drawn into the past, not just the one we choose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls