8 Posts

The 7th Continent» Forums » Rules

Subject: Fixing Items rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Young
msg tools
designer
I didn't see this anywhere in the rules. If I have a walking stick crafted and its durability is down to "1", can I then use wood available from the location square I am on to "Craft" a new stick or does the items have to go back into discard and be found again?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randal Divinski
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no generic "fix" option. You can up the pips on an item stack by adding an item card with a matching keyword to the bottom. Otherwise, you have to discard (at 0 pips) and craft anew later.

You may encounter things that are exceptions to this, but in the absense of special circumstances, this is how it works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Young
msg tools
designer
I figured. I was hoping that I could just re-up the pips from found materials but it sounds like I can only do that through the combination method.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A C
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
randiv wrote:
There is no generic "fix" option. You can up the pips on an item stack by adding an item card with a matching keyword to the bottom. Otherwise, you have to discard (at 0 pips) and craft anew later.

You may encounter things that are exceptions to this, but in the absense of special circumstances, this is how it works.
And the key word has to match one of the keywords on the top card of the stack.
(just to add to an already great answer!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Zigmond
United Kingdom
Durham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the best tools to repair a walking stick are the snowshoes and the bow

I'm being slightly facetious (this is about the only aspect of the game that doesn't make thematic sense), but discarding, reclaiming and rebuilding items at the right time is one of the keys to successful play, and the Will stack is the most important one to use it on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BC
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
Putting this here while I try to think of something really clever...
badge
Just smile, no one gets out alive.
mbmbmbmbmb
If I remember from my first play-through with Amelia last night, she has a character specific card called "Repair Kit" (?) that will allow you to increase an item's durability by three pips when you add it to the stack.

I think this is the only item that does what you are looking for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
robinz wrote:
Yes, the best tools to repair a walking stick are the snowshoes and the bow

I'm being slightly facetious (this is about the only aspect of the game that doesn't make thematic sense), but discarding, reclaiming and rebuilding items at the right time is one of the keys to successful play, and the Will stack is the most important one to use it on.
You sound like the kind of person who has never created a meat-raft-club-panpipe as a weekend project.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtiss Cox
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I like the idea of using a showshoe like a tennis racquet to hit arrows at a bear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls