Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Hinkes
United States
Fairbanks
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If there is a card that tells you to "Put this into your inventory", yet there is no die value shown on the card, what is the procedure?

Does this mean it is only possible to combine this with an existing item? (I assume the new card could hold the die should it fall down to it.)

Or perhaps this is an oversight, and you can create a new item and put a die with a value 1 on it?

Here is the specific card in question. Only view if you have completed the Prison of Clouds curse, or you are a miserable person that hates surprises.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Card 780 - Ballast Bag
It is a journal card that lets you take an action to "Put this into your inventory."

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Henschel
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was confused by this as well. Further down the card, in the benefit you get from taking the actions (the brown icons), it says to store the card in your journal.

I just stored the card in my journal, but I didn't use the action benefits (brown icons) until I had taken the action to:

Fill the bag. Although I'm not sure if you just have to fill the bag once and then you get the landing benefit indefinitely or if you have to refill the bag after each land. I played the former.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hinkes
United States
Fairbanks
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure the intention is:

Empty bag is in your journal, takes up no space. You fill it (white dig icon/action) and this puts it into your inventory.

Filled bag is in your inventory. You empty it (brown land icon) when you use it to land, which then puts it back in your journal to fill again later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Henschel
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahh that makes sense. Sometimes those brown icons result in you discarding the card, but in this case you put it back in your journal. Where you could take the action again to fill it. I guess I need to fill my bag again...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris seems to have the correct intent.

To note the direct questions, when instructed to add it to your inventory, I think you must put it below an existing item, as it has no die value of its own and thus would be immediately discarded. As there are no matching keywords, it will not increase the value of the item it is added to.

A scary thing is that if you are forced to discard the item while the card in question is part of the item, then the card would be lost to The Past.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls