Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
randyd42 wrote:
Clipper wrote:

D) As a result of the action, you get more food cards. You add 1 of them to make a food-shovel-food stack.

This might be why this trips some people up... combining food with a shovel makes absolutely no thematic sense.

Note that you can add your food to anything.

I have used the example of a person tying two dead fish to their bamboo armor as shoulder pads before. I've also had a situation where someone had a type of headdress with a shovel beneath it where we resolved the shovel was pointed straight up in the air from the explorer's head as a sort of crowning feature to the headdress.

So the question isn't why the food can be tied to the shovel, as it could be tied to anything. The real question is why the food makes the shovel more durable while its attached!

If you aren't going to eat the food, you could use the fat to grease the wood and metal parts of the shovel to protect them. the fat will go rancid over time, but that may not matter for something that won't last all that long.

As far as using a shovel to carry food, the hobos used sticks (and a bandana or bag - you can carry the shovel over your shoulder and the food is tied to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sid Rain
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I guess if there's bones in the food, you could use the bones to dig a little?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy D

Wyoming
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
So the question isn't why the food can be tied to the shovel
No, I'm pretty sure that's the question.

Clipper wrote:
The real question is why the food makes the shovel more durable while its attached!
Also a good question.

Although technically, this is the original question:
dlikos wrote:
1) Does Food take up an inventory spot?

1a)If so can it be combined to take up 1 spot?
1b) If not what if I have an item in my inventory and gather 3 food from a hunt... can I discard an item to keep all 3?
1c) If two characters are involved in the hunt, can the 3 food be split between the two characters?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3  |