6 Posts

The 7th Continent» Forums » Rules

Subject: Action Deck rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dr. Funktastic

Antarctica
msg tools
Yo. Can I go thru the action deck at any time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No. Sometimes the order is important, which shuffling after looking would make a problem.

You can look through the discards, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
While it's probably against the rules, you can do it if you want, since it's a solitaire/co-op game. I do occasionally, unless something has happened that has stacked certain cards in certain places (which is quite rare). Just shuffle afterwards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daikaku Tanaka
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
So, when you randomly shuffle back discarded cards into action deck, (set aside whether it is fair,) you can spy out which cards are returned by checking the discard pile before and after it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kotsume wrote:
Clipper wrote:
So, when you randomly shuffle back discarded cards into action deck, (set aside whether it is fair,) you can spy out which cards are returned by checking the discard pile before and after it.

Once the action deck is depleted, you can't look in the pile (but you should already know what's in there anyway). If you still have an action deck when shuffling back in, you can look before and after, yes.

Here is the rule:

Rules p9 wrote:
Players may freely look through the cards in the Discard Pile as long as there are cards left in the Action Deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But if you are returning cards, you shuffle, return them, and then can look at the discard pile to see what is missing (I mostly do this for the curses or specific action cards I do/don’t want in the action deck)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls