Recommend
24 
 Thumb up
 Hide
136 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 

1 Player guild» Forums » General

Subject: Solo games you've parted ways with recently (and why) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon Maynard
United Kingdom
Exeter
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
What solo(able) games have you parted ways with recently and why?

So far this year I've got rid of these solo(able) games:

The Lost Expedition - I took a chance on this as I didn't really think it was my kind of games but read some good reports on it so thought I'd give it a go. It only took me a few games to quickly realise this is not for me.

Explorers of the North Sea - I wanted this. I told someone I wanted it and they bought it for me for Christmas. The trouble is by feelings about it had changed and I didn't want it any more. Maybe I should have at least tried it first but I thought I'd get more if I left the shrink on.

Five Tribes - I've had this game for years, well before the official solo mode was released and did enjoy the game. The solo mode wasn't bad either but I just found I hadn't got it to the table for so long so I decided to purge it.

Architects of the West Kingdom - I really liked this at first but I quickly started to find weaknesses in the AI system. Eventually though I just tired of the game so thought I might as well sell it on. Now for some reason I am soured on the idea of any of his other games.

The Bloody Inn - I very much enjoyed this in the early days; exploring the variety of strategies available. But I burned out on this solo eventually and don't seem to get it to the table with others very often. Became a logical candidate for culling.

Hostage Negotiator (plus Hostage Negotiator: Crime Wave). I have enjoyed this quite a bit but ultimately I just don't like games with so much output randomness. Yes, it's a game about managing the odds and there's definitely room for good play in this game but I ultimately find roll-to-resolve games frustrating.
16 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris E
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only one I've parted with recently is Friday. Your choices are so obvious, it basically plays itself like Klondike solitaire.

Over the past year or so, I have shifted Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game from solo to duo as my partner has really gotten into it.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't say I've sold any lately, but there are a few that while I'll keep they'll likely never see the table again.

Deck Box Dungeons - total luck fest, little mitigation, limited variety

Legends Untold: Weeping Caves Novice Set - this is on the fence. I may try it again, but something just isn't clicking and i have yet to enjoy it. Problem is I can't point to something or figure out why.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Maynard
United Kingdom
Exeter
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
madantichris wrote:
The only one I've parted with recently is Friday. Your choices are so obvious, it basically plays itself like Klondike solitaire.
That reminds me; I haven't played 'Friday' for so long. I should probably pass it on...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Berard
United States
Wabash
IN
flag msg tools
Hit 'em high.
badge
Hit 'em low.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Gloom of Kilforth: A Fantasy Quest Game - My tastes in games have changed over the years, and I found the dice rolling and card pulling to no longer really hold my interest. The "set collection" for tags works well, the art is gorgeous, and the game play wasn't bad, but it didn't really motivate me to keep coming back.

One Deck Dungeon - Played the heck out of it when I first got it, but soon tired of the dice chucking.

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Rise of the Runelords – Base Set - I loved the idea of "an RPG in a box", but after playing through the first two mission decks I hung it up. Was too samey game to game. I hear the later ones made big improvements in variety, but this one got the axe.

The U.S. Civil War - Got it with the intention of playing with my father in law. Ended up being a bit too heavy for his liking, and while the game can be played solo I don't particularly care for wargaming against myself.

Tiny Epic Defenders - Just never my first choice to pull off the shelf, and as such felt it should go to a better home.

Peloponnes - I enjoyed it, but it just felt too short/light for the style of games I find myself liking currently.

Fidelitas - Like the previous entry, good but just too light for my liking. Got a lot of plays out of it before passing it on, though.

On the edge:

Deep Space D-6 - If my daughter didn't like the game so much it would be out the door, most likely.

Grimslingers with Grimslingers: The Northern Territory - I liked the original game, but with the new expansion requiring almost an entirely different style of play, invalidation of the base game characters, and having two (fairly different) versions of the rules to parse, I just don't see myself ever playing it again. I had it up for auction recently, so if someone is interested...whistle

The King's Abbey - I actually really like this game, and have played it a bunch, but it's no longer a "go to" when I game solo.

Pulp Detective - Much like DSd6, if my daughter didn't ask to play I probably wouldn't keep it. I don't mind the difficulty, but the game core is very simple and there isn't much mitigation for a crappy roll.

Serpent's Tongue - I really, REALLY like this game but it just doesn't come out enough to merit the amount of space it take on my shelf. The fact it's collectible and the company that made it is essential defunct doesn't help much (so many cards I can't get anymore...)

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Comboteur "Crazed 'Beastface' Survivor" Fou
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Recently non but in the process of:

The 7th Continent. I think I've been vocal already about how much I hate this. Yes, hate is the right word, not an exaggeration
Grimslingers. Not optimal as a solo game, more interesting multiplayer. For which I... have better games anyway.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eraelan wrote:
Gloom of Kilforth: A Fantasy Quest Game - My tastes in games have changed over the years, and I found the dice rolling and card pulling to no longer really hold my interest. The "set collection" for tags works well, the art is gorgeous, and the game play wasn't bad, but it didn't really motivate me to keep coming back.

One Deck Dungeon - Played the heck out of it when I first got it, but soon tired of the dice chucking.

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Rise of the Runelords – Base Set - I loved the idea of "an RPG in a box", but after playing through the first two mission decks I hung it up. Was too samey game to game. I hear the later ones made big improvements in variety, but this one got the axe.

The U.S. Civil War - Got it with the intention of playing with my father in law. Ended up being a bit too heavy for his liking, and while the game can be played solo I don't particularly care for wargaming against myself.

Tiny Epic Defenders - Just never my first choice to pull off the shelf, and as such felt it should go to a better home.

Peloponnes - I enjoyed it, but it just felt too short/light for the style of games I find myself liking currently.

Fidelitas - Like the previous entry, good but just too light for my liking. Got a lot of plays out of it before passing it on, though.

I wish they would release tbe other Pathfinder sets as an app.
1 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. @kinson
United States
Grant
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm the process of parting with the following (building a trade offer):
Friday.. it was fun for a while, but it just doesn't hold my interest. Maybe a different theme and a better artwork? Sounds shallow but there isn't else much there to compel me to play. If I want a quick and small deckbuilder, I just pull out Star Realms.

Hornet Leader: Carrier Air Operations... I do enjoy it, but I just prefer Thunderbolt Apache Leader with it's changing tactical battlefield and advancing battalions.

Core Worlds... I won it a contest, and I do like to play it. It just doesn't get to the table enough.

Ranger... Recently acquired this, but after watching a play through, I realized that it might get played once or twice then I'd be done. It looks almost like choose your own adventure once the mission starts but the die chooses for you.

Now gone:

First Martians: Adventures on the Red Planet...I did enjoy my plays of it mostly, but realized that the fiddliness and the fact that you spend more time managing the board rather than doing the interesting parts was beginning to wear on me. To the point that I would pass over it for other games when it came time to play something. There is so much more the app could have done to reduce the fiddliness. It's like Ignacy couldn't make up his mind whether or not he wanted it to be app-driven or not.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Colgrave
Norway
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
Aeons end. Found it a bit too structured for my liking

Cuba libre. With Bots just needed too much upkeep
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Comboteur "Crazed 'Beastface' Survivor" Fou
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Gnl_Zod wrote:
Aeons end. Found it a bit too structured for my liking

Genuinely curious as to what you mean by that
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Berard
United States
Wabash
IN
flag msg tools
Hit 'em high.
badge
Hit 'em low.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
Recently non but in the process of:

Grimslingers. Not optimal as a solo game, more interesting multiplayer. For which I... have better games anyway.

The base solo game isn't bad. I enjoyed it a lot, actually. I soured when I picked up the expansion thinking it would make it better. It did not. And I've yet to get any one to try the game with me.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Comboteur "Crazed 'Beastface' Survivor" Fou
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Eraelan wrote:
Razoupaf wrote:
Recently non but in the process of:

Grimslingers. Not optimal as a solo game, more interesting multiplayer. For which I... have better games anyway.

The base solo game isn't bad. I enjoyed it a lot, actually. I soured when I picked up the expansion thinking it would make it better. It did not. And I've yet to get any one to try the game with me.

Well the first scenario was nice and then it went downhill. Only 4 scenarios, largely not replayable, didn't convince me.

Set-up time for the expansion, and humongous footprint, means I didn't manage to get myself convinced to try it :/
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakob Rasmussen
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Deep Madness
While I loved the theme and setting, it was just waaaaaay too fiddly and convoluted for my taste, and the (at best) 20 min. of setup every time i wanted to fail horribly was usually also a mood killer.


Fallout
Also loved the theme and setting (played alot of Fallout on PC),
and while it delivered in alot of ways, I felt like it felt flat with its combat system and point based victory conditions.
Ended up not putting it on the table so much, as I would usually just play half a game and then get a bit tired of it.


The Lost Expedition
Bought it because it had a decent rating, and i LOVED the artwork!
Wasn't overly impressed with the gameplay and ended up only playing it a handful of times before i sold it again.

Unlock! Mystery Adventures
I thought the concept looked pretty cool, but its one of the few games I played, where I just wanted to get through it!
It was stressful, some of the puzzles didn't make any sense, and the games way of handling clues was horrible, imo!

Honorable mention; Mansions of Madness: Second Edition
Technically not parted ways with it yet, but I put it up for sale yesterday. I just can't get used to running the app on the side;
I feel like I end up spending most of the game just looking at an app telling me what to do, and it really ruins the experience and immersion for me! I really wanted to love this game, and everything else really speaks to me! But no...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arianne H
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
See the Legendary General Forum for Back to Basics League information -- Dark City and Base Set only
badge
Join the Dark City and Base Set only monthly league -- See Legendary general forum for information
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Arkham Horror LCG (I played solo two-handed). Realized after 2 months that I didn't enjoy the deck construction aspect and it was too much work to get it to the table due to in-between game adjustments.

Friday just did not hold my interest. Not much variety in games, felt like I was doing the same thing each game. Very hard to win as well.

One Deck Dungeon was my first dice chucker. I realized I enjoyed rolling dice a lot, but not so much the dungeon crawl mechanic. I have since added two other dice games to my shelf (Aerion and Hostage Negotiator) and like both of them so much better, ODD is collecting dust and on my list to pass on.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. @kinson
United States
Grant
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ffsjake wrote:

Fallout
Also loved the theme and setting (played alot of Fallout on PC),
and while it delivered in alot of ways, I felt like it felt flat with its combat system and point based victory conditions.
Ended up not putting it on the table so much, as I would usually just play half a game and then get a bit tired of it.

Did you by any chance try some of the solo variants that attempted to fix the scoring issues?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakob Rasmussen
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jgatkinsn wrote:

Fallout
Also loved the theme and setting (played alot of Fallout on PC),
and while it delivered in alot of ways, I felt like it felt flat with its combat system and point based victory conditions.
Ended up not putting it on the table so much, as I would usually just play half a game and then get a bit tired of it.


Did you by any chance try some of the solo variants that attempted to fix the scoring issues?

No; I actually only became aware of these after I had sold it :/
But then again, I rarely even got to any winning scenarios as I usually got a bit bored with it before I even got so far
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Comboteur "Crazed 'Beastface' Survivor" Fou
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ArianneH wrote:
One Deck Dungeon was my first dice chucker. I realized I enjoyed rolling dice a lot, but not so much the dungeon crawl mechanic. I have since added two other dice games to my shelf (Aerion and Hostage Negotiator) and like both of them so much better, ODD is collecting dust and on my list to pass on.

thumbsupthumbsupthumbsup
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Polenzani
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Attention all planets of the Solar Federation: We have assumed control! We have assumed control! We have assumed control!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn my list is actually quite extensive. I have been doing my best to cull my collection and a few solo-playable games have been caught up in that. I'll start off with the ones most likely to inspire a "ARE YOU KIDDING?!?!" reaction hehe

The 7th Continent On it's face this game is very much about what I love in boardgaming. I am not one of those players who researches strategies or spends time contemplating how I could have played differently. Part of what I love about playing games is the exploration of it in the moment. I love being blown away as new things about a game reveal themselves even after multiple plays. A game where it's all about that exploration sounded ideal. So I backed. EVERYTHING! Once it delivered, I set about trying to find a good group to play it with, and it just never happened. At this point I pretty much would only solo a game to learn it so I could more effectively teach it to the group. And since the game is spoilery, I didn't want to do that in this case. Then the Expansion KS rolled around. The game was a resounding success and very favorably reviewed so I backed everything from the 2nd KS. After all this game was something I should enjoy and I was gonna find the right group for it soon! Then about a month after the 2nd KS ended I finally got it to the table solo and I absolutely hated it. I had several issues with the game which I will not go into here because I do not want this to be a "This game sucks because they didn't do these things that I love!" post (I hate those arguments / threads as one of the things I love most about this hobby is there is something for everyone which means that things you love, others will hate) and so it stayed on my shelf until the 2nd KS stuff arrived and it went on the market (and sold) that day!

Too Many Bones I love Hoplomachus. A game I don't play nearly enough. After getting to know the guys over at CTG I backed Too Many Bones without question. Another "Match Made in Heaven" game combining some of the aspects I loved about Hoplo, with some RPG elements and a JRPG-ish combat system. Production was out of this world but the game turned out to be one of those games that demand multiple repeated plays as you learn how each character works because if you don't the game doesn't work (well it works by effectively making the game so hard that without that level of study and experience with the character, it utterly destroys you). A game that demands that level of study I just do not enjoy. It's why I am not a Miniatures gamer.

Deep Madness Another game I went all in on on KS. The closer it came to being delivered the more confident I was in that it was not a game for me. Minuatures were wonderful. But I didn't even bother cracking the shrink on this one. It went straight into the Marketplace where I sold it for pretty much what I paid for it.

Arkham Horror: The Card Game GOD DO I HATE DECK-CONSTRUCTION GAMES! I played Magic when it was new. Hated it. Hated it to such a degree that when I got back into gaming in 2013 I resisted Deck-Builders because I had so associated them with Magic. I have had friends try and teach me Netrunner, and one or two more that I can't remember the names of now and they always fall flat on their face. Mainly because I can't build a deck that way to save my life. Deck-Building games however I am quite good at. I like the tactical nature of "This is whats available now so choose the best option for you at this time." but "build a deck and do battle with someone else who built a deck" equals an extremely frustrating loss for me every time followed by friends saying "HOW DID YOU LOSE WITH THAT DECK?!?!". Then this came around which is cooperative so my not having an optimal deck isn't the end of the world. But many of the problems that I have with this style of game are still there. I am so glad they made Arkham Horror 3rd Edition because it pulled a lot of what I thought this title did right, and did away with the deck construction.

Mansions of Madness: Second Edition After successfully painting Cry Havoc, I decided to try my hand at painting this one. I failed. The game never got played. Sold it off.

Atlantis Rising because I backed Atlantis Rising (second edition)

Apocrypha Adventure Card Game So wanted to like this because I loved the PACG series. Didn't work for me or my group.

Baseball Highlights: 2045 I honestly do not get why this game is so popular solo. What makes this game awesome is the interplay between two people working plays. When the AI just turns over a card and there's no strategy or rhyme or reason to it, not to mention no real interaction with what your team is doing it just fell flat on it's face solo for me.

Shadowrun: Crossfire & Dragonfire I obviously came around and came to love Deck-Building games. This one seemed a natch for me. I prefer Sci-Fi to fantasy so went with Shadowrun first. took forever to finally get it to the table and its utter brutality turned the group off. Trying it solo wasn't any better. Dragonfire was supposed to fix some of those things and it did to a certain extent, but the game just never clicked with me or the group. I never bothered to attempt a solo play and eventually got rid of it.

I could probably go on... ;P
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Schiewer
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Gloomhaven - I've been on the search for MY perfect adventure/dungeon crawl...and this was too much combat and not enough adventure/exploration.

Town Center (fourth edition) - Can play online when I need this quick puzzle fix.

Multiuniversum - just not very interesting to me.

Forge War - never gets to the table.

Founders of Gloomhaven - Clearly Isaac Childress and I don't get along! LOL
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pa5t0rd wrote:
Gloomhaven - I've been on the search for MY perfect adventure/dungeon crawl...and this was too much combat and not enough adventure/exploration.

Town Center (fourth edition) - Can play online when I need this quick puzzle fix.

Multiuniversum - just not very interesting to me.

Forge War - never gets to the table.

Founders of Gloomhaven - Clearly Isaac Childress and I don't get along! LOL

I ferl the same way about Stonemaier and Red Raven games
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Comboteur "Crazed 'Beastface' Survivor" Fou
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Rapscallion_69 wrote:
The 7th Continent On it's face this game is very much about what I love in boardgaming. I am not one of those players who researches strategies or spends time contemplating how I could have played differently. Part of what I love about playing games is the exploration of it in the moment. I love being blown away as new things about a game reveal themselves even after multiple plays. A game where it's all about that exploration sounded ideal. So I backed. EVERYTHING! Once it delivered, I set about trying to find a good group to play it with, and it just never happened. At this point I pretty much would only solo a game to learn it so I could more effectively teach it to the group. And since the game is spoilery, I didn't want to do that in this case. Then the Expansion KS rolled around. The game was a resounding success and very favorably reviewed so I backed everything from the 2nd KS. After all this game was something I should enjoy and I was gonna find the right group for it soon! Then about a month after the 2nd KS ended I finally got it to the table solo and I absolutely hated it. I had several issues with the game which I will not go into here because I do not want this to be a "This game sucks because they didn't do these things that I love!" post (I hate those arguments / threads as one of the things I love most about this hobby is there is something for everyone which means that things you love, others will hate) and so it stayed on my shelf until the 2nd KS stuff arrived and it went on the market (and sold) that day!

thumbsupthumbsupthumbsup
It deserves more searing hatred arrrh
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arianne H
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
See the Legendary General Forum for Back to Basics League information -- Dark City and Base Set only
badge
Join the Dark City and Base Set only monthly league -- See Legendary general forum for information
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Rapscallion_69 wrote:
Too Many Bones .... Production was out of this world but the game turned out to be one of those games that demand multiple repeated plays as you learn how each character works because if you don't the game doesn't work (well it works by effectively making the game so hard that without that level of study and experience with the character, it utterly destroys you). A game that demands that level of study I just do not enjoy. It's why I am not a Miniatures gamer.

Super helpful to learn this because it has seemed like a game I would like, but now I know I won't!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Comboteur "Crazed 'Beastface' Survivor" Fou
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ArianneH wrote:
Rapscallion_69 wrote:
Too Many Bones .... Production was out of this world but the game turned out to be one of those games that demand multiple repeated plays as you learn how each character works because if you don't the game doesn't work (well it works by effectively making the game so hard that without that level of study and experience with the character, it utterly destroys you). A game that demands that level of study I just do not enjoy. It's why I am not a Miniatures gamer.

Super helpful to learn this because it has seemed like a game I would like, but now I know I won't!

Both of you avoid KD:M
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Green
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's my list so far:

Ambush! - Owned this for a couple of years and never got around to playing it. The desire to actually learn and play wasn't that strong I guess, so I traded it.

Black Sonata - Very clever game design, but I ultimately did not really enjoy playing it. Sold.

Conflict of Heroes: Awakening the Bear! – Operation Barbarossa 1941 (second edition) - Another game that I owned for several years but was never able to muster enough desire to actually take it off the shelf and learn it (tried a couple of times though). Sold.

Forbidden Sky - I typically enjoy the 'Pandemic formula' games, but this one was a dud for me. Sold.

This War of Mine: The Board Game - Great game and I enjoyed my plays of it, but it's not really my type of game and I didn't foresee playing again very often. Traded.

Petrichor - Not technically out of the collection yet, but someone locally was persistent about wanting to buy it and I can use the shelf space, so away it goes. Currently unplayed, but I'd like to give it a shot if I can find the time.

RAF - Similar story to Ambush!, though the desire to play this was a little stronger.

Star Trek: Frontiers - I like the setting of this one better than it's brother Mage Knight, but Mage Knight is just the better game for me. Besides that, I'm so comfortable with the iconography and names of everything in Mage Knight, that I actually had a bit of a hard time shifting to ST:F. Sold.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Heroes of Tenefyr - Seems too difficult to win, too much dependent on luck.

First Martians - Good theme, fiddly board with SO many cubes, strange app which is required yet hard to use, annoying music, didn't seem like much game there.

PostHuman - Not a bad game but a little too hard to win for my taste.

7th Continent - haven't actually gotten rid of yet, but curses take WAY too long to play, and my group got stuck on the first one without understanding what we were missing and were worn down by all the "conditions" with no idea of how to get rid of them. And we didn't like the "save" feature and having to RE-EXPLORE the same tiles after a "restore."

Vinhos - on the trade pile but not traded yet. INCREDIBLY complex and fiddly and not really a theme I resonate with. CO2 by the same author I'm keeping because I like the theme better but it's really on the border as far as high complexity.

Legends of Andor - on the trade pile but not traded yet. A bit too abstract (which is usually OK, but I'd kind of like the theme to actually be a little stronger here).
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] |