Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martijn Weekenstroo
Netherlands
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Pegheads!

As you might know, there is a summer secret Santa gift exchange going on. I'm personally having a blast with it! My Santa did point out however that some of that Christmas spirit is a bit lacking now that we're doing this in the summer so I thought it would be great to hear some of the pegheads' favorite Christmas traditions, experiences, photo's etc. gaming related or not. Hope to get some of that Christmas spirit going this way
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vigo Velito
United States
Haymarket
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For my family's Christmas, I will make candies -- I will get huge bags of Valhrona chocolate (some of it may go directly into my mouth). I love experimenting with new flavors -- one or two are duds each year, but I do have some that stand the test of time and have made repeat appearances: Peanut butter & Jalapeno Truffle, Blackberry and Lavender bon-bons, and my smoked sea salt caramels....the heat in the summer makes candy making a bit more difficult

^I brought this up only to make your mouth water...

We will decorate the house, and the family exchanges gifts on Christmas eve, so we (as parents) will usually give a family gift like a game or some other activity that we can do that evening. We always try to do sugar cookies for the kids to decorate and they chose which ones go to Santa, and we will also find time to gingerbread houses one of the weekends before (pick up cheap candy after the season to use for the next year).

We will try to do other things like looking at lights, and doing other events. Nothing else has stuck as tradition for us since we still have very little ones waddling around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Sites
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My family tends to spread out Christmas. We have 4 kids, 3 under the age of 8. So we have a day where we have Christmas with my parents another with my parents in law and another with my aunts. Then we have Christmas Day so the kids get a week of Christmas. Typically the wife and I are up beyond midnight getting everything ready for the next day. We also always order Chinese food on Christmas Day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.