Subject: Curse cards, stars, swapping questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dora Emon
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Are the curse cards with the image of the curse treated the same as the cards that say "Death is lurking"? That is, it's discarded into the discard pile once it's drawn? If that's the case, is there a reason for the picture on the card?

2. I just want to confirm that for cards with half stars, the halves have to line up and make a full star in order for it to be considered a star, correct? For example, if I draw 2 cards and both cards have half stars on the right side of the card (both showing the left half of the star), they cannot be combined to form a full star. Is that correct?

3. Can I swap skill cards that are in my hand or just items?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yury M
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. They are the same. Pictures are just for fun)
2. Correct
3. Don’t get this question. What do you mean by swap cards in hand?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hank Heyming
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. They also serve as periodic reminders of the quest you are on. Just in case you forget that sort of thing...

3. You can swap any cards in your hand (blue cards for blue cards; green cards for green cards) when you draw new ones. You can't swap CREATED items without a special card effect or discarding the entire CREATED item stack. Items that are still ideas (i.e. blue cards in your hand) can be freely swapped like any blue card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bredon
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eilsybear wrote:
1. Are the curse cards with the image of the curse treated the same as the cards that say "Death is lurking"? That is, it's discarded into the discard pile once it's drawn? If that's the case, is there a reason for the picture on the card?

2. I just want to confirm that for cards with half stars, the halves have to line up and make a full star in order for it to be considered a star, correct? For example, if I draw 2 cards and both cards have half stars on the right side of the card (both showing the left half of the star), they cannot be combined to form a full star. Is that correct?

3. Can I swap skill cards that are in my hand or just items?

Thanks!

1. All curse cards are treated the same.

2. Correct - arrange the cards on the table any way you want, keeping all cards facing the same way, then count complete stars only.

3. If you are referring to the discard 2 cards to trade/swap items, that's only for already crafted items with a die sitting on them. You can't swap hand cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bredon
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hankheyming wrote:

3. You can swap any cards in your hand (blue cards for blue cards; green cards for green cards) when you draw new ones. You can't swap CREATED items without a special card effect or discarding the entire CREATED item stack. Items that are still ideas (i.e. blue cards in your hand) can be freely swapped like any blue card.

You cannot swap hand cards between characters, but you can swap items by discarding 2 cards.

You can discard hand cards when you go over your hand limit, but that is not swapping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dora Emon
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all! Sorry for not being clear on the third question. I mean swapping/trading with another player, which I think @abredon answered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bredon
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can usually avoid the need to swap items, as items can be put in the inventory of any participating player when crafted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randal Divinski
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can get around (to a certain extent) not being about to swap idea cards between players by joint participation in actions.

Also, a crafted item (at the moment of creation) can go into the inventory of any participating player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls