Subject: What do "Orientate"? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lothar Kothe
Germany
Essen-Kettwig
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have no idea how "Orientate" works. The black arrows can also be found at "Move/Backtrack". I think it's not the same. What is the difference? As example look at card a0072.
Thank you for help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bredon
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kotlo wrote:
I have no idea how "Orientate" works. The black arrows can also be found at "Move/Backtrack". I think it's not the same. What is the difference? As example look at card a0072.
Thank you for help.

First, Orientate (compass icon) is a type of skill. It does not always provide the 4 black arrows as a result. The 4 black arrows seen on "Water Knows the Way" (A0072) are the Move result described on Page 19 of the rules - they allow you to move the characters involved in the action to any single reachable Terrain Card. There is also a description of that effect in the Action Consequences section of the Player Aid.

Note that this particular card can be used even in difficult terrain, like heavy snow, thus offering a way to get out of difficult terrain without using a lot of energy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What gave you the expression that it’s not the same?
The only question is, am I allowed to move to the tile which was revealed after that exploration card was discarded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bredon
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jack Spirio wrote:
The only question is, am I allowed to move to the tile which was revealed after that exploration card was discarded.

What Exploration card? A0072 is "Water Knows the Way", a blue hand card belonging to Ferdinand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
abredon wrote:
Jack Spirio wrote:

What Exploration card? A0072 is "Water Knows the Way", a blue hand card belonging to Ferdinand.
Yes, but there are exploration cards which also have these arrows

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls