Subject: Moving by barge to unexplored terrain rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yury M
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I’m a bit confused regarding the mandatory moving to next terrain card by Flow icon.
How does it interact with fog cards?
Should I move to next terrain card even if it is hidden in fog or should the Flow effect be ignored until I “reveal” next terrain card from fog exploration card?

P.S. haven’t received the expansion yet and this question appeared just after reading the new rules, so may be I missed something obvious since I haven’t seen actual cards with Flow icons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rocco Luigi Tartaglia
Italy
Torino
Torino
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yury1975 wrote:
I’m a bit confused regarding the mandatory moving to next terrain card by Flow icon.
How does it interact with fog cards?
Should I move to next terrain card even if it is hidden in fog or should the Flow effect be ignored until I “reveal” next terrain card from fog exploration card?

P.S. haven’t received the expansion yet and this question appeared just after reading the new rules, so may be I missed something obvious since I haven’t seen actual cards with Flow icons.

The fog cards while on the barge have a mandatory action that should be done as soon as entering the terrain tile.
Remember that you must not move the barge while performing a mandatory action (called compulsory in the expansion xD).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorsten Engler
Australia
flag msg tools
while I haven't gotten the game yet either, I would imagine that the pathfinder action on these fog cards are going to be mandatory actions, which triggers the rule that you have to perform it right away (turning the fog card over, which is bound to be a temporary event you have to resolve right away) without moving the barge.

That is, I assume the whole system is setup so that there never can be a situation when you have to move because of the flow without the next terrain card already being placed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yury M
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see. It definitely makes sense and confirm one more time how agile and powerful the existing game mechanics are.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtiss Cox
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
We have played the Curse with the barge and it goes like this:

Barge starts on space 1 of 2 on the terrain card.
An Exploration card with a mandatory action to Pathfind is attached
You must perform the pathfinder action.
Resolve the effects of Exploration card.
Place the next terrain card, and an additional Exploration card.
Because it was mandatory you do NOT move the barge.
Take any action.
You must Move the barge to space 2.
Take any action.
You must Move the barge to the next terrain card.
Loop back to step 1.

So on each spot, as intended, you have a very limited time to do things on each space before you are swept away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls