7 Posts

The 7th Continent» Forums » Rules

Subject: K1470 Exhausted rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dr. Funktastic

Antarctica
msg tools
Yo. if you have more red hand cards then blue hand cards in your hand do this. The character card has a red hand on it, but is it in your hand?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabian R
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, they are considered part of your hand. See rulebook page 8 in the picture and page 9 first step of setup if you want it in text form.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They are part of your hand but do not count against your blue/green hand size limits (as specified by the Satchel). There is no upper limit to the number of red state cards you can have, but there is a minimum of 1 because the character card itself is (for some reason) a red-hand state card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Robinson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
In memory of Tara, my beloved Wolfhound-Deerhound cross. Flew away Feb 2016, still missed.
mbmbmbmbmb
sgbeal wrote:
the character card itself is (for some reason) a red-hand state card.

The reason being, presumably, so that when the first state card you draw is a "discard action cards" version it still provides some penalty.

Cheers,
Graham
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy D

Wyoming
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
therealbuserian wrote:
sgbeal wrote:
the character card itself is (for some reason) a red-hand state card.

The reason being, presumably, so that when the first state card you draw is a "discard action cards" version it still provides some penalty.

Cheers,
Graham
Aha, I had forgotten that my character card is a state card as well. So when I draw a state card with the penalty symbol, I count my character card as a state card as well? So I will always have to discard at least 1 action card from the draw pile if I have this penalty? If that's the case, I wonder why they didn't just say that the state card you just drew counts against this draw limit (rather than making the character card a state card)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
randyd42 wrote:
So when I draw a state card with the penalty symbol, I count my character card as a state card as well? So I will always have to discard at least 1 action card from the draw pile if I have this penalty?

Correct - the example in the rulebook demonstrates that.

randyd42 wrote:
If that's the case, I wonder why they didn't just say that the state card you just drew counts against this draw limit (rather than making the character card a state card)?

It was, IMO, a strange design decision, but it's only a minor nuisance, not a game-breaker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you look closely, the character card has a red hand symbol.
Not all red hand cards are states, but they all count when you have to discard.

randyd42 wrote:
If that's the case, I wonder why they didn't just say that the state card you just drew counts against this draw limit (rather than making the character card a state card)?

There are some slight differences with that way, but it would have probably worked the other way too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls