Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
wedgeex wrote:
So stoked for this one! I hope they have it at GenCon

Black Angel is indeed scheduled to debut at Gen Con 2019. Last I heard from Asmodee North America, which distributes titles from Pearl Games in the U.S., everything was on track for that debut.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sébastien dujardin
Belgium
Grandmetz
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
W Eric Martin wrote:
wedgeex wrote:

Black Angel is indeed scheduled to debut at Gen Con 2019. Last I heard from Asmodee North America, which distributes titles from Pearl Games in the U.S., everything was on track for that debut.

I confirm that the games are produced and soon on the road for US. There will be at the Gencon. I just have to confirm the date of release in store according to the transport time which is to validate. But if there is a delay between the presentation at the Gencon and the exit in the shop, it will be short.

Thank you Eric for this video !

Sébastien (Pearl Games)

PS: Discover the planet Solenia before, the 2 games are very different meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zuranorb l'hiver vient
France
Etouvans
Franche Comté
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Awesome !
As usual another Pearl, long time waiting for, but so deep and replayable.

Instant buy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nelson Cox
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems like there should be a way to get Ships & Robots in a sub-optimal way without the appropriate technology tiles to keep that situation from happening?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Rubbo
United States
Philadelphia
PA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
sebduj wrote:
But if there is a delay between the presentation at the Gencon and the exit in the shop, it will be short.

Excellent!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. S.
msg tools
mbmbmb
Guaranteed to be one of the hottest titles at Gen Con. I'm going to have to watch Eric's video a few more times to wrap my head around this game, but even as confused as I remain it feels like a game I want to play many times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
GamingCoupleGA wrote:
Seems like there should be a way to get Ships & Robots in a sub-optimal way without the appropriate technology tiles to keep that situation from happening?

As long as you don't push out your starting tiles, you'll have those available to you. Mostly you need to be aware that you risk bad things happening should you push one out, and that's possibly not something you'll think about in your first game — or even your sixth, as I discovered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anaëlle Demeulenaere
Belgium
flag msg tools
Thank you Eric for the video !!
I would just like to point out that this is a prototype of a few months ago and the colors and materials are not really those of the final product

Anaëlle (Pearl Games)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sébastien dujardin
Belgium
Grandmetz
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GamingCoupleGA wrote:

It's possible to win ships and robots with cards in the space and there are other technologies tiles to recover robots and ships. It's possible to win without a lot of robots and ships but it's better to try to keep a way to recover them, or not... It's not an easy game to optimize and that's where we found our pleasure by doing it :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
Anaelle wrote:
I would just like to point out that this is a prototype of a few months ago and the colors and materials are not really those of the final product

I mention that a couple of times, but it's easy to overlook that in a 54-minute video...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sébastien dujardin
Belgium
Grandmetz
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
W Eric Martin wrote:
Anaelle wrote:

I mention that a couple of times, but it's easy to overlook that in a 54-minute video...

No problem Eric :-) It's just a small clarification ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nelson Cox
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you both for responding and also for the video.

Excited by the originality of this game and the separate puzzles it presents.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel -
Canada
flag msg tools
Thanks for the video, it's now pretty clear to me how the things works.

I really like the depth of it. The fact that there are 3 sub-games that seems interesting on themselves but on the same times which really are interrelated.
I'm sure it will take a lot of sessions to master but i'm pretty sure it will keep us interested for a long time.

I was wondering based on what you tell on the video : I understand it's a competitive game, but it seems to me that it could be at the benefit of some players to cooperate in order to get rid of the debris / Ravagers or try to reach the final planet.
Have you seen any negotiations happen during your 3-4 players games ? for example : "you get rid of those debris and i don't take your yellow dice" ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
samuel62 wrote:
I was wondering based on what you tell on the video : I understand it's a competitive game, but it seems to me that it could be at the benefit of some players to cooperate in order to get rid of the debris / Ravagers or try to reach the final planet.
Have you seen any negotiations happen during your 3-4 players games ? for example : "you get rid of those debris and i don't take your yellow dice" ?

I have not, but I'm not someone who typically negotiates such things in games, so I had never considered this previously. Now that you've said this, though, I can imagine some folks really getting into it. For them, every game is a negotiation game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Austin Kinslow
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
↳ Do one brain damage ↳ Do one brain damage ↳ End the run
badge
"OBVIOUSLY."
mbmbmbmbmb
W Eric Martin wrote:
wedgeex wrote:

It debuting at GenCon and them having enough copies for me to get one are two different things! hah
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
lfisher wrote:
wedgeex wrote:
W Eric Martin wrote:
wedgeex wrote:

It debuting at GenCon and them having enough copies for me to get one are two different things! hah

Well that's why you can preorder it

I've just received info from Asmodee NA about its Gen Con 2019 titles, and the company isn't taking preorders — at least not through BGG. It's the queue for you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
W Eric Martin wrote:
lfisher wrote:
wedgeex wrote:
W Eric Martin wrote:
wedgeex wrote:

I've just received info from Asmodee NA about its Gen Con 2019 titles, and the company isn't taking preorders — at least not through BGG. It's the queue for you!

Oops yeah I keep getting it mixed up with other preorders announced today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl with one "R"
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
W Eric Martin wrote:
samuel62 wrote:

I have not, but I'm not someone who typically negotiates such things in games, so I had never considered this previously. Now that you've said this, though, I can imagine some folks really getting into it. For them, every game is a negotiation game...

Troyes has a similar feature -- cooperatively fighting off the (negative) events -- and it's perhaps my favorite feature in the game. A lot of times, an event will affect the other players much more than it's affecting you. Therefore, it's advantageous to ignore the event and take the hit each round knowing that the same hit is hurting everyone else more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Karns
United States
North Aurora
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
W Eric Martin wrote:
lfisher wrote:
wedgeex wrote:
W Eric Martin wrote:
wedgeex wrote:

Well that little tidbit of info is pretty useful in and of itself! Thanks! I guess I'll have to line up around that giant booth with the rest of the folks here...
Oh and thanks for the video, it's great to see a nice long explanation of the game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.