Subject: The Bloody Hunt/Card #232 Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question about the intended interpretation of text on a card found in The Bloody Hunt Curse. I'll nest it within spoiler tags because you probably shouldn't read this until you've completed that curse.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Once you complete the curse at one of the top two levels ("Akecha's disciple" or "Incarnation of Akecha")...
(Spoiler for what happens in that situation)
Spoiler (click to reveal)
...you receive the "Akecha's disciple" card (#232) which you can keep for your next game, even if you're playing a different Curse. It's a rare exception to the rule that nothing carries over from Curse to Curse. However, we wondered whether you're allowed to keep it in every subsequent game, or just the next game after you completed The Bloody Hunt.

The card's text reads:

"Immediately after this is revealed, make note of its number as a reminder. At the beginning of your next game, add this to one player's hand."

We weren't sure whether the text in bold applies only the first time you receive the card, or whether it was constantly in effect and would apply to every game thereafter. Is the card supposed to be a permanent bonus forevermore, or is it just useful for the single following Curse? What's the intention here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtiss Cox
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
We took it to mean all subsequent games, but I think it’s open to interpretation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucien Copus
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I only used it once, but whatever you like I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branko K.
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you RAW it means just the next game. However it would make more sense for it to be a permanent bonus since it gives more weight to the hunt 'reward'.

I think this one would be hard to resolve without the designers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raphaël Langella
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Literal interpretation means just the next game
But it's so hard to get and the benefit is so narrow, to make a good use of it requires making 2 huge (and similar) games back to back. I think it makes more sense to have it in every subsequent games, and that's how we've played it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls