10 Posts

The 7th Continent» Forums » Rules

Subject: Banish green and replace with gold? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Christensen
Canada
flag msg tools
On my first play I was asked a couple of times to banish the green terrain I was on and replace it with the gold of the same number, but could not find a gold of that number anywhere (not in deck, banish, past, or anywhere else I looked). Is that normal or am I missing cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems you either made a mistake or are missing cards
Can you tell us where this happened (in spoilers)
If you look at the ID of the card Axxxx and the next one, if they are in order there is no gold card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randal Divinski
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jack Spirio wrote:
If you look at the ID of the card Axxxx and the next one, if they are in order there is no gold card.
What does that mean?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randal Divinski
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pchristensen wrote:
On my first play I was asked a couple of times to banish the green terrain I was on and replace it with the gold of the same number, but could not find a gold of that number anywhere (not in deck, banish, past, or anywhere else I looked). Is that normal or am I missing cards?
Does "anywhere else" include the card boxes where you pulled the original card from? I would think so, but you mention everything but specifically...

And you understand that by "number" they mean the BIG number on the back of the card not the tiny ID number on the front corner?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
randiv wrote:
Jack Spirio wrote:
What does that mean?
For example (made up numbers) card 018 has an ID A0175 and card 019 has A0176. That means there can’t be a gold card 018 (at least not in the base game)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Christensen
Canada
flag msg tools
I did not realize that and will look through and make sure that I'm not missing any small numbers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that the rule doesn't always hold true. The expansion adds some gold cards to cards that were green-only to begin with. Those original green cards do not refer to the gold ones, though.

I feel that if you are seeing a green card that tells you to put a gold in play, the gold SHOULD definitely be present somewhere. You really need to give us an example of a card which seems to be missing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bredon
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes - the tiles that tell you to banish the terrain card you are on and put a gold in play are (as far as I have seen) permanent events attached to only 1 terrain card, and have an action that can only be taken from that terrain card, so there should always be a gold of that terrain.

There are also cards that banish themselves (not the terrain card) and replace themselves with a gold card
Spoiler (click to reveal)
for example, hunting and fishing sites

Check to see if this is the case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Christensen
Canada
flag msg tools
Figured it out. Simple dumb rules mistake on my part, I was trying to change the terrain card to gold instead of the event.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pchristensen wrote:
Figured it out. Simple dumb rules mistake on my part, I was trying to change the terrain card to gold instead of the event.
thought so

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls