Subject: Target Exclusive - Feedback rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gnomish Mustard
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone else surprised by the game only being available at Target?

I watched a video on this game and decided it was a day one purchase.

Call me old school, but forcing me to go to a specific store in order to give money to a company doesn't sit right with me.

Target has had a complete breach of credit card data followed up by another breach of customer data in the recent past. I don't want to promote their information security policies by shrugging my shoulders and hoping that they do better, just so I can purchase a board game.

Toss in that I can't support my local game store or any online retailer that specializes in games, and I just can't spend the money for what looks like a really fun game.

I mean, the only reason I heard about the game was due to going to a board game site and watching a video from a guy who makes a living producing videos about board games. Target did nothing to gain this sale, the board game community did.

This just doesn't seem right to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems to be happening more and more. Quite a few list of games now that can only be purchased via Target exclusives.

I guess I would suggest only paying cash for the game and not giving them your CC details?

I agree it's a really strange way to market a game especially one as well liked as the Pandemic series is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It isn't the first time. Otherwise wait a year and buy at FLGS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Manda
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can at lease mitigate the information security issues by paying cash
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will

Pensacola
Florida
msg tools
The Babylon Project was our last best hope for peace. It failed. In the year of the Shadow War, it became something greater, our last best hope for victory.
mbmbmbmbmb
It is out now, and apparently credit cards aren't the only concern in regard to breaches...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gnomish Mustard
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Broadstorm wrote:
It is out now, and apparently credit cards aren't the only concern in regard to breaches...

Your post made me laugh... Very nice find.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will

Pensacola
Florida
msg tools
The Babylon Project was our last best hope for peace. It failed. In the year of the Shadow War, it became something greater, our last best hope for victory.
mbmbmbmbmb
Gnomish Mustard wrote:
Broadstorm wrote:

Your post made me laugh... Very nice find.

I do enjoy quirky search results.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason

Las Vegas
Nevada
msg tools
The part that surprised me is that they want $40 bucks for it
 Thumb up
 tip