29 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Press Releases

Subject: [Kickstarter] Cut and Play : collection of free micro games ! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
leandre proust
msg tools
Cut and Play : collection of free micro games !
These micro games are composed each of a single cardboard sheet and they are free.

Be ready on June 24, 2019 on Kickstarter! Launch of the Kickstarter at 12:00 in New York / 18:00 in Paris.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/924686715/1192867622?re...

Cut and Play is a collection of 5 board games that I developed: Echek, Exo, YSNP, Ants and Supéro. These are games for 2 players, accessible from 8 years, for 15 minutes games. The idea is to offer games with simple rules, with little material, easy to make and especially fun! The games in this collection are minimalist games to cut by yourself. They have the specificity of being FREE.

Since the beginning of 2019, I have created and have published a new minimalist game each month. Echek (February), Exo (March), YSNP (April), Ants (May) and Supéro (June). These games were printed at 20 000 copies and have been distributed for free in France by Philibert, the French leader in board games online sales. I also build partnerships with game publishers (Lucky Duck Games, Libellud...) who add an advertisement on the back of the game. This advertising offers visibility to publisher partners and finances the cost of printing the games.

Let me introduce you to the 5 games in the Cut and Play collection!

Games presentation

In SUPÉRO, you must capture you opponent's Super-Weak while protecting your own. You'll choose a starting team of 4 Super-Heros (out of 7 different characters, each with unique abilities ; the remaining three stay at your disposal as backup) to assist your Super-Weak (whom must stay in play all game long and has no special ability). If you want to, you can download the rules (draft in English and final version in French) and/or the Print and Play of the game.

The game consists in placing ants in order to create the largest area with pheromones of your color. It is a tile placement game with a piling system and ants-themed. At the beginning of the game, players choose who will play as brown and who will play as beige. Each turn a player must draw a tile and add it to his/her hand. He/She then chooses one for the two tiles in his hand and places it in the game area. The game ends when all tiles have been placed. The player with the largest area of his color wins. If you want to, you can download the rules (draft in English and final version in French) and/or the Print and Play of the game.

In this game, your goal is to build defensive towers in order to neutralise hordes of monsters flowing through your kingdom. There are 4 phases in a round: Monsters deployment, Tower building or upgrading, Towers activation and Monsters movement. If the Necromancer reach your village tile, you lose. If there is no Tower left around your Kingdom, you lose. If the Necromancer and every other Monsters have been discarded, you win. If you want to, you can download the rules (draft in English and final version in French) and/or the Print and Play of the game.

It's a simple tile placement game. 27 planet tiles are piled in a random heap on the table and players take turns selecting one that has no other tile on top of it and placing it in their "galaxy." Planet tiles each have three characteristics: size, color, and type. Once the tiles are taken as evenly as possible players score for lines of three planets which share a characteristic. If you want to, you can download the rules (draft in English and final version in French) and/or the Print and Play of the game.

Echek is a chess-inspired game which is played with only 12 cards and without an actual board. Each player has 6 pieces (King, Queen, Root, Bishop, Knight and Pawn) with chess-like moves and they play on a 4x4 virtual square. The game begins with both Kings face to face, and each turn players can move a piece or put a piece into play. The game ends when a King is surrounded by 4 pieces. If you want to, you can download the rules (draft in English and final version in French) and/or the Print and Play of the game.

Game components

A game consists of a single cardboard sheet 15x21cm. The games are printed in France. On the front, you'll find the game to cut. On the back, there is an advertising space for game publishers that sponsors the printing of games in exchange for visibility. All illustrations in the Cut and Play collection are images that have been purchased from an image bank or are royalty-free images. There is no box, there is no rulebook printed on paper. The final rules of the games are already available in PDF (draft in English and final version in French). This crowdfunding campaign aims to spread my games beyond borders of France and fund a professional English translation of the games.

Pledges

For € 5 shipping, you will receive a copy of the Cut and Play collection: Echek, Exo, YSNP, Ants and Supero + all unlocked stretchgoals. Add € 5 for each additional copy you wish to receive. For 4 copies ordered (20 €), you will receive 5 copies. For 10 copies ordered (50 €), you will receive 20 copies. Delivery worldwide included.

Shipping and delivery date

The 5 games in the Cut and Play collection are free. The price indicated in the pledge is the price of the shipping costs (5€). The professional translation of the 5 games will be done during the month of July 2019. File preparation, printing and shipping of the games will be done in September 2019.

More information

• Echek page on BGG : https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/274302/echek
• Exo page on BGG : https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/276489/exo
• YSNP page on BGG : https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/279384/you-shall-not-pas...
• Ants page on BGG : https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/279390/ants
• Supéro page on BGG : https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/282053/supero
• Article in French on TricTrac :
https://www.trictrac.net/actus/jeux-de-societe-free-to-play-...
https://www.trictrac.net/actus/jeux-de-societe-free-to-play-...

The team

My name is Léandre Proust and I am 30 years old. I live in Bretagne, France, with my partner and my daughter. I am the author and publisher of all the games in the Cut and Play collection. After being a playwright, author, publisher, distributor, salesman in a gaming shop, demonstrator in a gaming bar, co-organizer of a games fair, jury for prototype contests, games manufacturer of wooden toys ... Today I devote myself fully to the creation of board games, demonstration of board games in fairs and the experimentation of atypical play projects like this one. If you want to contact me, add me on Facebook.

I especially want to thank my brother and his valuable layout and design skills on the games. Thanks to Clément Proust for the time he spent on all my fun projects.

Be ready on June 24, 2019 on Kickstarter! Launch of the Kickstarter at 12:00 in New York / 18:00 in Paris.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like a cool project I will be sure to check it out on ks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Clarke
United States
Stamford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Enjoy Your Life!!
badge
Game On!
mbmbmbmbmb
neat. Im backing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek H
South Africa
Johannesburg
Gauteng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A successor to CheapAss games ... but with way better graphics!

Question 1: the KS page says "Early Birds : you will also receive 2 additional micro-games." What does it take to qualify for this?

Question 2: will I also get a PDF of the games?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
leandre proust
msg tools

1 / To have these 2 additional games (Tower Defense and You lose, you wash!), You must be in the first 500 to participate in the campaign on KS.

2 / All players will receive all games in PDF version. I'll add it in the pledge to make it clear for everyone.

Following criticism of the Early Birds and the frustration of not having these 2 extra games (limited to 500 copies), I'm thinking about changing that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would really recommend at least giving later backers the option of payong a few bucks for the two extra games. People hate missing out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
leandre proust
msg tools
Following constructive feedback, I changed two important things:

• The offer of Early Birds always allows to obtain 2 additional games (limited offer to 300) but if you missed this offer, it is now possible to still receive these 2 additional games if you pre-order at least two copies of the Cut and Play collection (10 € +).

• Levels / Stretch Goals have been reviewed and corrected. They will appear as the campaign progresses:
- 500 €: the Cut and Play collection is financed and the game rules will be translated into English by a professional translator.
- 1 000 €: Increase of the thickness of the games of + 50% (170gr → 250gr)
- € 2,000: Kickstarter special edition - replacement of the advertising on the back of the games by the name of all backers.
And many other SGs to unlock...

What do you think ? If you have other remarks, I'm listening to you.meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
leandre proust
msg tools
My brother is currently in New York. It is he who manages all the graphic aspect of my games. It's complicated to work properly with him because I'm in Paris. It's a bit complicated to work with the hourly shift. We just finished, just before the start of the campaign, a new visual that adds to the page KS. What do you think ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
leandre proust
msg tools
Important : Early Birds have been removed. Tower Defense games and You lose, you wash ! be offered in Stretch Goals to all backers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Comboteur "Crazed 'Beastface' Survivor" Fou
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
leandrep wrote:
Important : Early Birds have been removed. Tower Defense games and You lose, you wash ! be offered in Stretch Goals to all backers.

A very good change in my opinion, and a better incentive for people to back.

I like your new visual asset too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
leandre proust
msg tools
Available now on Kickstarter !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
leandre proust
msg tools

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
leandre proust
msg tools

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
leandre proust
msg tools
Do you want to unlock Strech Goals faster? Now it's possible!

How to do ?

Just share the Kickstarter Facebook page to unlock Social Strech Goals and unlock Strech Goals faster!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
leandre proust
msg tools
News n° 4 : The first Social Strech Goal is unlocked!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
leandre proust
msg tools
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Flûte j'ai vu tes jeux mais pas toi.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
leandre proust
msg tools
Dommage ! J'étais sur le stand Gigamic !

Sinon, dans les mois à venir, je serais au FLIP, à Orleans Joue, à Vichy, à Troadé, à Pontivy, à Perijeux, à Ludouest... sur le stand Lucky Duck Games !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
leandrep wrote:
Dommage ! J'étais sur le stand Gigamic !

Sinon, dans les mois à venir, je serais au FLIP, à Orleans Joue, à Vichy, à Troadé, à Pontivy, à Perijeux, à Ludouest... sur le stand Lucky Duck Games !

Ah ben voilà, j'ai passé mon temps chez LDG mais pas chez Gigamic, c'est pour ça laugh

Y a un festiv' à Orlin's? J'en viens mais je savais pas et maintenant j'y suis plus laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
leandre proust
msg tools
Exceptionnellement, je n'étais pas sur le stand Lucky Duck à PeL. Mais 90% de ma présence en festival c'est sous les couleurs du canard chanceux !

Oui, il y a un festival de jeux à Orleans. Et il est plutôt chouette. Je crois que c'est la 5ème édition. Et ça brasse plusieurs milliers de visiteurs du le week-end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
leandre proust
msg tools
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
leandre proust
msg tools
News n ° 7: 400% + 300 backers + 3rd Social Strech Goals unlocked!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/924686715/cut-and-play-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
leandre proust
msg tools
News n ° 8: The 4th Strech Goal is unlocked!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
leandre proust
msg tools
[Kickstarter - Cut and Play] Last 24h : 500+ backers and many SGs ! 😎👍

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rahul Chandra
Canada
St. John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
leandrep wrote:

This change got me to back it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.