Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robb Rouse

Virginia
msg tools
badge
Blue Peg, Pink Peg Gaming Podcast
mbmbmbmbmb
Its time you welcome you toooooooo your reroll. This episode we will be rerolling Carthago: Merchants & Guilds. Let your voices be heard! remember if you provide your comments, please also include your rating in the comments. Will pick a couple to mention on the show.

Poll
1. Have you played Carthago?
Yes
No, but want to.
No, but would if someone brought it out to try.
No and no desire to.
2. What is your BPPP rating of Carthago?
6- Collection Essential
3- Average
0- The worst.
      107 answers
Poll created by rookenoble
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Carthago was an Origins pickup for me last year. I enjoy the game, but it doesn't do anything that's really new. It's a good package of mechanisms, but won't blow you a way. I gave it 4 pegs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Habel
United States
Butler
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It clearly didn't make the splash they wanted, since they were selling copies for $10 with any purchase at Origins this year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher Hickman
United States
St. Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Gaming Unplugged since... 2016
mbmbmbmbmb
Carthago was an Origins pick up for me last year. It's a great game that comes in. a small package. Quick play time, solid interaction and just enough a veneer of theme that I am drawn in. Every time I have played it, I want to make it part of the regular rotation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Jacobson

Omaha
Nebraska - NE
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I gave it a 4 last year, a good game that isn't a GREAT one. It's essentially a multi use card game with since action selection that is engaging for its tightness of gameplay. It doesn't really stand out among the rules of last year or even among Capstone's best. But it is still better than average and worth the value I paid for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kanost
United States
York
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
OH YEAH
mbmbmbmbmb
I demoed Carthago at Origins last year. I was distinctly disappointed in it... I love multi-use cards and I was expecting to like the game more than I did. I can't explain exactly what it was about the game that I found off-putting, but after the demo I had no desire to play a full game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kelly
United States
Coatesville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had to look up Carthago to find out what it even looked like, and immediately thought Carthago looks like it's a game for people who wonder what the woman on the cover of Concordia's brother is up to. Multi-use cards, being a merchant on the mediterranean for the six thousandth time, seems very "meh". At least the woman on Concordia has wine. I'm sure it's a fine game, but it makes me feel like we are just making games for the sake of making games when I see titles like this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Rouse

Virginia
msg tools
badge
Blue Peg, Pink Peg Gaming Podcast
mbmbmbmbmb
get these in, will be pulling soon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MegaWestWolf wrote:
I had to look up Carthago to find out what it even looked like, and immediately thought Carthago looks like it's a game for people who wonder what the woman on the cover of Concordia's brother is up to.

laugh This was awesome! LOL laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kelly
United States
Coatesville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jme198 wrote:
MegaWestWolf wrote:
I had to look up Carthago to find out what it even looked like, and immediately thought Carthago looks like it's a game for people who wonder what the woman on the cover of Concordia's brother is up to.

Lmao, not awesome enough to get on the show though! πŸ˜‚
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Kelly
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MegaWestWolf wrote:
jme198 wrote:
MegaWestWolf wrote:

I don't usually read these until after our episode releases, but I agree the exclusion of this comment from the show is a TRAVESTY!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kelly
United States
Coatesville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pablopk wrote:
MegaWestWolf wrote:
jme198 wrote:
MegaWestWolf wrote:

I don't usually read these until after our episode releases, but I agree the exclusion of this comment from the show is a TRAVESTY!

πŸ˜‚ It’s all good Patrick! Great episode anyway! Lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls