Memoir '44» Forums » Rules

Subject: Exotics rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Captain Nemo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been thinking about battles involving various later war weapons and would welcome comment and input from other contributors to the forum on the following suggestions. It may be there are already official views on these.

TIGER: heavy armour requiring hits to be confirmed with another roll gaining a grenade. Fielded in single piece units. This is an existing expansion.

PANTHER: excellent anti-armour gun, so when battling armour units stars count as hits.

FERDINAND / ELEFANT: large gun and heavy armour so when battling armour stars count as hits, heavy armour needing hits to be confirmed with another roll gaining a grenade. Fielded in single piece units; tank destroyer unit.

STUGS: count as a unit (piece) as supporting infantry.

TIGERII: large gun and armour so when battling armour stars count as hits, heavy armour needing hits to be confirmed with another roll gaining a grenade. Fielded in single piece units.

ISII: heavy armour requiring hits to be confirmed with another roll gaining a grenade. Fielded in single piece units. [I have a suspicion these have already been worked through but I do not have anything with these in).

SU85: tank destroyer.

SU100: tank destroyer; hits on heavy armour (Tiger) do not need to be rerolled.

ISU152 [Beast Killer]: large gun and armour so when battling armour stars count as hits and hits on heavy armour do not need to be rerolled; heavy armour needing hits to be confirmed with another roll gaining a grenade. Fielded in single piece units.

Sherman Firefly: powerful gun so when battling armour stars count as hits and hits on heavy armour do not need to be rerolled.

Turretless vehicles may advance after combat but cannot overrun and battle again.

Your input welcome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Taylor-Smith
Canada
Okotoks
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tiger
Ferdinand, Stugs, SU85, SU100 and other Tank Destroyers
See: Memoir '44: Equipment Pack

Also: Memoir '44: D-Day Landings for the Armoured Infantry units, like your Stug suggestion.

Usually when there is a noted superiority of one type of armoured unit in the scenario the unit size is increased to 4 models, ie. elite. For example Panthers facing mostly T34/76's might be elite or might be 'normal' if facing T34/85's or IS2's would be elite facing MarkIV's. Having 4 figures is a big advantage for armoured units.

Note that units in Memoir'44 scenarios could be as large as divisions where 'range' is more representative as the operational unit's effective area of control rather than actual weaponry range.

I might use the Petard Mortar rules in the equipment pack to represent ISU152, KV152, or even the Battle of Berlin IS2 tanks (armed only with bunker busting HE ammo).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Nemo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks; some good points.

flapjackmachine wrote:
Tiger
Ferdinand, Stugs, SU85, SU100 and other Tank Destroyers
See: Memoir '44: Equipment Pack

No idea of any rules with regard to these except for the TD rules. Are there any cards on the website detailing such special rules? The Elefant was thick skinned like a Tiger, hence my thinking it should be enhanced.

flapjackmachine wrote:

I might use the Petard Mortar rules in the equipment pack to represent ISU152, KV152, or even the Battle of Berlin IS2 tanks (armed only with bunker busting HE ammo).

Excellent idea for bunker busting; still have to deal with the ISU152 and its reputation as an Animal Killer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robert tunstall
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
here is a list of all the summary cards:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/673205/summary-card-manifes...

Here is DOW page which links to specific images:

https://www.daysofwonder.com/memoir44/en/content/cards_compe...

It would be nice if DOW ever got around to printing a deck of all summary cards either as a stand alone or with a battlemap expansion.whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Curley
United States
New York
flag msg tools
I was thinking about stuff like this last weekend. We would also need Katyusha's and some dedicated anti-air units.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.