Subject: HQ infantry variant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Colin Nies
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently thought I’d won the game legit only to discover I had been playing with a rule from Iwo Jima and not this one but I think I hit on a great variant. I played by accident that the HQ infantry units controlled not only the other infantry units in their own hex but every hex adjacent to them. This makes them even more important and allows you greater flexibility of movement to take some of those C/D positions. I barely won on the last turn (40 positions) playing this way and had (39 CL) so it rang true to me as well as thematic and realistic since the hexes are only 150 meters across which is not that far for a runner from an HQ to go to get a message to another unit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gianluca Spessato
msg tools
mbmb
You could propose this directly to John H. Butterfield, and ask an opinion if this helps too much the human player. Did you played, for example, with the regulat rules, or with the new victory conditions that Butterfield posted two/three years ago?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Nies
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played with the new edition rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.