Subject: Discard Facedown - Remember rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Likos
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I still pull a card from the discard with an effect such as remember or "my draw a card with keyword serene from the discard" when the discard is facedown?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randal Divinski
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you are allowed to get a card from the discard pile, just pick it up and search through it.

The Discard pile is only face-down when you have exhausted the Action Deck and the Discard pile is also the Action Deck. In that case you have to shuffle it after you get your card.

As long as you have not exhausted the Action deck, the Discard pile is face up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Zigmond
United Kingdom
Durham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, why not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Likos
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
robinz wrote:
Yes, why not?

Thought so, just making sure. I have anxiety problems and for some reason game rules can trigger them. Couldn't find it in the rules anywhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtiss Cox
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
randiv wrote:
When you are allowed to get a card from the discard pile, just pick it up and search through it.

The Discard pile is only face-down when you have exhausted the Action Deck and the Discard pile is also the Action Deck. In that case you have to shuffle it after you get your card.

As long as you have not exhausted the Action deck, the Discard pile is face up.

The Discard Pile does NOT also become the Action deck. When the Action Deck is gone, you change the rules for what you do to resolve actions.

But something that affects or manipulated the Action Deck only cannot affect a face down Discard pile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls