Subject: 3M paper series rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Like always I start fiddling around in BGG then find some errors. I clean up first and that leads to another. Endless.

Anyway I was trying to clean version of the 3M paper game 3D Tic-Tac-Toe. That lead me to the wiki page 3M Paper Games Series w2hich I started to redo.

A number of these game have "first" versions in BGG that show the US package without a price. Logic tells me that the first US version had a price and that the second didn't.

(1) Having a price on package prevents retail store from marking up the price.

(2) Allowing for inflation, you don't want to have to change the price every two years.

(3) The games were issued in 1974, long before BGG was around. Since there were few with a price, the ones that BGG users found were the longer print run of the games without prices.

Question: Is there any way to very my logic?

I also am guessing that artwork is expensive and that the first German editions tried to use the US art work. Since German phrasing doesn't take up exactly the same space as English phrasing that throws the artwork off. So a second German edition was created with a more artistic spacing. In general I think the pad was removed from the artwork for the second German editions.

Question: Any way to confirm this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The one thought that I had is to search newspapers. A couple of services do it, but I'm not subscribed to any. I need to try this perhaps at the library. Don't know that a game that sold for around a buck would be worth the photospace in an ad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls