Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Chenery
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
FIRST WIN
mbmbmbmbmb
Watching some rules videos last night I saw that when you save a game cards go into the past and you don't draw them anymore. So cards will have multiple numbers and the next time you play and open the save you go to the same place but it might be different. What happens when you saved so many times you use up all the numbers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spider Bacon
msg tools
When you "restore" from a save, the cards in The Past are returned.

Saving puts cards back into the game; it does not remove them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Salch
United States
Bristol
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Read the rules.

The past cards do get mixed back in when you play a saved game.
Also if you are looking for a number and can't find it you mix the past back in and try again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branko K.
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Be sure not to mistake putting cards in the past with banishing cards.

Banished cards are removed from the game. Past cards are only temporarily removed and need to be returned whenever you save or game explicitly instructs you to return them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Zigmond
United Kingdom
Durham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually return all cards from the Past, and the board, when saving. That's just because I prefer to take this time when I'm packing up the game, as opposed to when restarting. It makes no difference - the key is, as others have said, that when you restore from a saved game there is *nothing* in the Past.

The Past is basically a temporary discard pile for cards that have been used in your current session.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Chenery
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
FIRST WIN
mbmbmbmbmb
got it, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
robinz wrote:
I actually return all cards from the Past, and the board, when saving. That's just because I prefer to take this time when I'm packing up the game, as opposed to when restarting. It makes no difference - the key is, as others have said, that when you restore from a saved game there is *nothing* in the Past.

The Past is basically a temporary discard pile for cards that have been used in your current session.
I normally do that too, but yesterday I was so tired, that I just put it away without sorting anything.
I needed to do it before I could start playing today (was a bit confusing, as I wanted to play and then saw that there were still a lot of cards) but I‘m glad you got that option to chose for yourself
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Mann
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ToweringChen wrote:
... What happens when you saved so many times you use up all the numbers?

Rule book page 14 "If no card with that number is available":
in summary:
1. return all adventure cards from the past to their place in the adventure deck
2. shuffle all exploration cards from the past back into their exploration decks
3. take the card you initially could not find and continue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And also note this is the reason why there is a difference between discarding and banishing cards. Pay attention to the difference between the two words and which words the icons mean to use.

For example, many people don't pay attention that the arrow colour on the following icons means something different, which becomes clear upon reading the text:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls