Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
40 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

The 7th Continent» Forums » Rules

Subject: Advance skill: resourceful, both resources available? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jano
Germany
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
When Resourceful is in play, are both resources available or just the one you choose to use? I played with only one of them, but I'm wondering if it is stronger than I thought.




Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You don’t lose access to the other resource, so yes you have both
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Zigmond
United Kingdom
Durham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jack's answer has always been my interpretation, but I'd also welcome confirmation.
2 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jano
Germany
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jack Spirio wrote:
You don’t lose access to the other resource, so yes you have both

It sounds like you are right, but one could also say that as you are using the wood as bamboo, you cannot use a resource twice (once bamboo once wood) on the same crafting action right? So I'm not completely sure that is the right interpretation :S
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jangil wrote:
Jack Spirio wrote:
You don’t lose access to the other resource, so yes you have both

It sounds like you are right, but one could also say that as you are using the wood as bamboo, you cannot use a resource twice (once bamboo once wood) on the same crafting action right? So I'm not completely sure that is the right interpretation :S
where does it say that in the rules?
having a resource gives you unlimited uses of it
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nosdok
Germany
Hamburg
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmb


My interpretation is that the disgners use "and/or" to tell you if you have one or both (for example for success and cards).

So I understand "<=>" as if you are in a place that has wood resource you can use it as bamboo and viceversa. But you don't have wood or bamboo all the time when you have that card.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
nosdok wrote:


My interpretation is that the disgners use "and/or" to tell you if you have one or both (for example for success and cards).

So I understand "<=>" as if you are in a place that has wood resource you can use it as bamboo and viceversa. But you don't have wood or bamboo all the time when you have that card.
as the symbol is nowhere else explained, this is not too easy to interpret
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nosdok
Germany
Hamburg
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Here it is this topic discussed in the official forum:

https://the7thcontinent.seriouspoulp.com/en/forum/topic/796/...
2 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jano
Germany
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
A clarification of <=> would certainly help.

Jack Spirio wrote:
Jangil wrote:
Jack Spirio wrote:
You don’t lose access to the other resource, so yes you have both

It sounds like you are right, but one could also say that as you are using the wood as bamboo, you cannot use a resource twice (once bamboo once wood) on the same crafting action right? So I'm not completely sure that is the right interpretation :S
where does it say that in the rules?
having a resource gives you unlimited uses of it

That's true. Although is a bit of a stretch as any crafting (as far as I know, needs only one of a resource) so I meant that you use the wood once per crafting action, it could seem like you are using it twice: once as wood and once as bamboo but somehow it doesn't sound so wrong now.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jangil wrote:
A clarification of <=> would certainly help.

Jack Spirio wrote:
Jangil wrote:
Jack Spirio wrote:
You don’t lose access to the other resource, so yes you have both

It sounds like you are right, but one could also say that as you are using the wood as bamboo, you cannot use a resource twice (once bamboo once wood) on the same crafting action right? So I'm not completely sure that is the right interpretation :S
where does it say that in the rules?
having a resource gives you unlimited uses of it

That's true. Although is a bit of a stretch as any crafting (as far as I know, needs only one of a resource) so I meant that you use the wood once per crafting action, it could seem like you are using it twice: once as wood and once as bamboo but somehow it doesn't sound so wrong now.
it always needs only one resource of a kind, as one symbol on a card gives you enough for anything. So even if there would have been two symbols on the item you could use the same resource for both, so there would be no reason to add the second symbol
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob McArthur
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there actually a situation where you would need wood AND bamboo in the same action?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucien Copus
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Repairing the camp?


Can't remember though
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nosdok
Germany
Hamburg
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
robmcarthur2001 wrote:
Is there actually a situation where you would need wood AND bamboo in the same action?

I don't know, may be one item needs them? Anyhow in my opinion this card doesn't provide you those resources but let you to transform them whenever you have them since you are resourceful person now! ;-).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
nosdok wrote:
robmcarthur2001 wrote:
Is there actually a situation where you would need wood AND bamboo in the same action?

I don't know, may be one item needs them? Anyhow in my opinion this card doesn't provide you those resources but let you to transform them whenever you have them since you are resourceful person now! ;-).
you manage to use wood and bamboo as each other, so you can make a bamboo Armour out of wood and a walking stick out of bamboo
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ogrecrusher wrote:
Maybe
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Repairing the camp?


Can't remember though
this
there is no action card item which would need both
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jano
Germany
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jack Spirio wrote:
Ogrecrusher wrote:
Maybe
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Repairing the camp?


Can't remember though
this
there is no action card item which would need both

Then this is not even a problem XD Anyway, I think that you are right, it would be possible to use both.

Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jangil wrote:
Jack Spirio wrote:
Ogrecrusher wrote:
Maybe
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Repairing the camp?


Can't remember though
this
there is no action card item which would need both

Then this is not even a problem XD Anyway, I think that you are right, it would be possible to use both.

Thanks!
There can be other cards (like the one in the spoiler) which need both
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jano
Germany
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jack Spirio wrote:
Jangil wrote:
Jack Spirio wrote:
Ogrecrusher wrote:
Maybe
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Repairing the camp?


Can't remember though
this
there is no action card item which would need both

Then this is not even a problem XD Anyway, I think that you are right, it would be possible to use both.

Thanks!
There can be other cards (like the one in the spoiler) which need both

That's right, I have actually seen that card. Well, even better then!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Robinson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
In memory of Tara, my beloved Wolfhound-Deerhound cross. Flew away Feb 2016, still missed.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
nosdok wrote:

Here it is this topic discussed in the official forum:

https://the7thcontinent.seriouspoulp.com/en/forum/topic/796/...

More usefully, the official answer is:

Quote:
Anywhere you see a bamboo symbol, you can see a wood instead.
Anywhere you see a wood symbol, you can see a bamboo instead.
You can mix symbols as you want.

Cheers,
Graham
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jano
Germany
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
therealbuserian wrote:
nosdok wrote:

Here it is this topic discussed in the official forum:

https://the7thcontinent.seriouspoulp.com/en/forum/topic/796/...

More usefully, the official answer is:

Quote:
Anywhere you see a bamboo symbol, you can see a wood instead.
Anywhere you see a wood symbol, you can see a bamboo instead.
You can mix symbols as you want.

Cheers,
Graham

If you can see one instead of the other, then it means that you cannot use both. Even if you can mix them... if there is only one symbol there is nothing to mix, as far as I understand. I am really confuse, is the official answer no, you can't use both?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randal Divinski
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jangil wrote:
therealbuserian wrote:

More usefully, the official answer is:

Quote:
Anywhere you see a bamboo symbol, you can see a wood instead.
Anywhere you see a wood symbol, you can see a bamboo instead.
You can mix symbols as you want.
If you can see one instead of the other, then it means that you cannot use both. Even if you can mix them... if there is only one symbol there is nothing to mix, as far as I understand. I am really confuse, is the official answer no, you can't use both?
I agree that if there is one wood symbol present you can either keep it or convert it to bamboo (or Visa versa). One symbol cannot be both at the same time. However, if you had access to two wood symbols (via a card or item or both symbols on one terrain card), you could convert one to bamboo and leave the other as wood.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jano
Germany
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
randiv wrote:
Jangil wrote:
therealbuserian wrote:

More usefully, the official answer is:

Quote:
Anywhere you see a bamboo symbol, you can see a wood instead.
Anywhere you see a wood symbol, you can see a bamboo instead.
You can mix symbols as you want.
If you can see one instead of the other, then it means that you cannot use both. Even if you can mix them... if there is only one symbol there is nothing to mix, as far as I understand. I am really confuse, is the official answer no, you can't use both?
I agree that if there is one wood symbol present you can either keep it or convert it to bamboo (or Visa versa). One symbol cannot be both at the same time. However, if you had access to two wood symbols (via a card or item or both symbols on one terrain card), you could convert one to bamboo and leave the other as wood.

Sure that's clear to me. I agree, I think that when there is only one symbol, you only have one of the two resources.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Robinson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
In memory of Tara, my beloved Wolfhound-Deerhound cross. Flew away Feb 2016, still missed.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jangil wrote:
randiv wrote:
Jangil wrote:
therealbuserian wrote:

More usefully, the official answer is:

Quote:
Anywhere you see a bamboo symbol, you can see a wood instead.
Anywhere you see a wood symbol, you can see a bamboo instead.
You can mix symbols as you want.
If you can see one instead of the other, then it means that you cannot use both. Even if you can mix them... if there is only one symbol there is nothing to mix, as far as I understand. I am really confuse, is the official answer no, you can't use both?
I agree that if there is one wood symbol present you can either keep it or convert it to bamboo (or Visa versa). One symbol cannot be both at the same time. However, if you had access to two wood symbols (via a card or item or both symbols on one terrain card), you could convert one to bamboo and leave the other as wood.

Sure that's clear to me. I agree, I think that when there is only one symbol, you only have one of the two resources.

I read the "you can mix symbols" bit as saying you can use both.

I agree it could be clearer...

Cheers,
Graham
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtiss Cox
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
I interpret it as “if you have either, treat it like you have both”.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
the answer is sadly not as clear as it could be
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |