Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

The 7th Continent» Forums » Rules

Subject: Red hand, state card. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
harris m.
Greece
flag msg tools
Regarding state cards and when you have to discard as many cards as many red hand cards you have.... does the character card count as red hand?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Kivipõld
Estonia
flag msg tools
mb
harrisxxvi wrote:
Regarding state cards and when you have to discard as many cards as many red hand cards you have.... does the character card count as red hand?

Yes, it stated on the rulebook.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Kneeland
United States
Beaumont
Texas
flag msg tools
Do what you love with the ones you love
badge
Gotta love the duck!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The character card does count. The card you drew that triggered the discard does not count as in your hand yet, though; whether you already have that state or not.

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Humberto Villela
Brazil
Porto Velho
RO
flag msg tools
badge
1984 - Big Brother was watching me.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
The character card does count. The card you drew that triggered the discard does not count as in your hand yet, though; whether you already have that state or not.


I believe the character card does count. Your other observations seem accurate to me.

EDIT: I misread the post above.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
humbas wrote:
Clipper wrote:
The character card does count. The card you drew that triggered the discard does not count as in your hand yet, though; whether you already have that state or not.


I believe the character card does count. Your other observations seem accurate to me.
Did you misread my post?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Humberto Villela
Brazil
Porto Velho
RO
flag msg tools
badge
1984 - Big Brother was watching me.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
humbas wrote:
Clipper wrote:
The character card does count. The card you drew that triggered the discard does not count as in your hand yet, though; whether you already have that state or not.


I believe the character card does count. Your other observations seem accurate to me.
Did you misread my post?

Indeed... haha. Sorry.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
There is no try...
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn, well this is annoying. I thought the character card was always in your hand (to get the benefit) so that when you drew a red hand card that requires discarding from the action deck, you would always be required to discard one card (so the penalty was always applied)

The disadvantage of not having the character card in hand far outweighs the disadvantage of having it... cry
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bredon
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mossquito wrote:
Damn, well this is annoying. I thought the character card was always in your hand (to get the benefit) so that when you drew a red hand card that requires discarding from the action deck, you would always be required to discard one card (so the penalty was always applied)

The disadvantage of not having the character card in hand far outweighs the disadvantage of having it... cry

The character card is always considered part of your hand. What made you think it wasn't?
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mossquito wrote:
Damn, well this is annoying. I thought the character card was always in your hand (to get the benefit) so that when you drew a red hand card that requires discarding from the action deck, you would always be required to discard one card (so the penalty was always applied)

The disadvantage of not having the character card in hand far outweighs the disadvantage of having it... cry
I‘m confused
What are you talking about?
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls