Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon Linden
Sweden
Lund
Skåne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I am instructed to draw several adventure cards must I draw and resolve them in order or can I choose the order?

Yesterday I was told to take a 666 card and another card (can't remember). Knowing that 666 cards can require a skill check I picked the other card first which was a card I added to my journal. Then when I resolved the 666 card the journal card I just drew was the card that gave me an automatic success.
Spoiler (click to reveal)
For having seven cards in my journal.

So did I play this wrong or was it ok for me to choose the order in which those two adventure cards were drawn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I remember correctly you should draw them in the order they are printed, but I see it valid to freely decide which one to draw first

The Rules state that if more players take a card then you take them one by one, resolving one before taking the other, so I would conclude that you always draw one card after the next.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Robinson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
In memory of Tara, my beloved Wolfhound-Deerhound cross. Flew away Feb 2016, still missed.
mbmbmbmbmb
It depends on what you mean by a "skill check". If you mean a mandatory action (white box with an icon in it and a jagged red border), then you always do that action after you've completed the first one.

Otherwise, the only restriction on order in the rulebook is that if multiple players are taking the same numbered card, the active player resolves them first.

Cheers,
Graham

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John K
United States
flag msg tools
therealbuserian wrote:
It depends on what you mean by a "skill check". If you mean a mandatory action (white box with an icon in it and a jagged red border), then you always do that action after you've completed the first one.

Otherwise, the only restriction on order in the rulebook is that if multiple players are taking the same numbered card, the active player resolves them first.

Cheers,
Graham

To add to this description let’s say your 666 card was one with a mandatory action. If you drew the 666 first you would set it aside until the end of the current action. Draw the journal card. Now the action is over so do the 666.

Either way you have to draw and apply the cards in the order printed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Linden
Sweden
Lund
Skåne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found the card in question. It is a "immediately when this is revealed" card. So in this case I drew both the 666 and the 171 card and set them aside to finish this action (revealing this green card is part of the examine action that made me draw it I assume). I then chose to reveal and resolve 171 first and 666 after that. As it turned out, the 171 card gave med an automatic success on the 666 card. Not a big deal if I played this wrong I guess, but if there is an official ruling it would be good to know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bredon
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alandor wrote:
I found the card in question. It is a "immediately when this is revealed" card. So in this case I drew both the 666 and the 171 card and set them aside to finish this action (revealing this green card is part of the examine action that made me draw it I assume). I then chose to reveal and resolve 171 first and 666 after that. As it turned out, the 171 card gave med an automatic success on the 666 card. Not a big deal if I played this wrong I guess, but if there is an official ruling it would be good to know.

You take the cards and reveal them in order (so the 666 first), however, mandatory actions on the 666 card are delayed until the pathfind action is finished and you discard down to hand size. (Mandatory actions must be taken immediately after finishing the action that triggered them, and that isn't until after revealing the 171 card and dealing with hand size)

Thus, even though the 666 is revealed first, the 171 card is available when resolving it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls