Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
P M
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb

I have used several different methods of solo play for C&C games from Stuka Joes CDG method to rolling a 1d6 at the end of each turn to see if a command card is lost, to just playing w/o modification for both sides. What methods have you used? What do you think is the best way to play C&C solo and why?

Thanks - Pete
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Osnabrück
flag msg tools
                                                             oooo                             ooo                             o    o                                      o     
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I enjoyed playing both sides with almost no modifications, just removing First Strike. What is important for me is to switch the position where I sit, so the other side is not just the other side, but now my side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree that shifting sides is a good thing. (Depending on space, I sometimes play on the side, versus one or the other ends.)

If you dig through the 'more' parts of the game listing, you will find a link to a whole thread where folks listed their solo styles. Of course, I have a preference (pretty much what Thomas said, although I sometimes toss "counterattack' out as well.)

I also make a point of NOT looking at the card I draw at the end of each side's turn, so something is completely different the next time I pick up that hand. (Together with short-term memory loss, I seldom have a problem "knowing" too much about the other side.)

But check out the thread and find a style you like.

For me, if I can dodge rolling dice to decide what units do, I'll dodge it.

EDIT-- since I knew what I was looking for, I went ahead and found it.
Here is the link for solo play discussion. https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/107756/anyone-figured-out-s...

You didn't ask for it, but since it's located at the same place in "More-- Variants," here is a pre-epic way of playing with 3 or 4 people.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/141451/multi-player-cc
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P M
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
This is awesome! Thank you very much. I’ve played the game solo many different ways, but was curious how others in the community do it. Figured I may pick up a better way to do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Lyon
United States
Lopez
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A lazy Susan makes it smooth and easy switching sides. Put the game board on a game tray on top of Susan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls