Subject: Solo mode question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gamer D

Monroeville
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So the games comes with character cards with no portrait for "solo mode only" which specify that you use any five character specific cards you like and four fire tokens versus the normal characters. I didn't see "solo mode" actually defined in the rules so I'm assuming it's just shorthand for playing with a single character (if I overlooked it though feel free to let me know.)

I have two quick questions then:

- So when you play with a solo character are you expected to only use those "solo mode" custom characters or are they just an extra option available and you can play equally as well with one of the normal characters?

- And if you do play a normal character solo are you supposed to use one fire token or four? That is are the four fire tokens specific only to those custom solo character cards or are they actually part of "solo mode"? (I'm thinking that maybe the four fire tokens are in lieu of not having a normal character's unique special ability but I'm not 100% positive.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branko K.
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Solo mode character is optional. He makes true solo a bit easier, but you lose the sense of identity for your character.

My suggestion would be to use a regular character with a 777 card. It will be tough, but you learn to manage after a while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Udo Borries
Germany
Schnelldorf
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
On your first question: You may use any character you like - actually one of the new characters is very useful for solo, as you get the "lower cost/raise difficulty" you usually have with more characters.

With the fire tokens i'm not sure whether it was said somewhere that this is generally for solo gaming or only for the solo character.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Zigmond
United Kingdom
Durham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I play exclusively solo, and have never used the DIY characters. I like playing a distinctive character with a coherent set of cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gamer D

Monroeville
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys, what about the fire token question? Is the four fire tokens only meant to be specific to the custom characters or is it meant for whenever you play solo with just one character?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branko K.
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dugman wrote:
Thanks guys, what about the fire token question? Is the four fire tokens only meant to be specific to the custom characters or is it meant for whenever you play solo with just one character?

Only for custom character. But do what you like, it's not like rules police will come to your house.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bruns
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know the official answer, but really, it's you game and you can certainly set it up this way if you want to. With all the other things that have been done to make the game easier such as the prodigy mode and immortal mode, doing this is not at all unreasonable. At least one full video series uses a single character but adds the fire and move to fire advantage of the custom character stating that he is only playing a single character.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gamer D

Monroeville
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, I actually prefer the game with friends then solo but I was curious what the official expectation was for the fire in solo mode (four tokens always or only four tokens for the custom characters).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branko K.
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tal342 wrote:
I don't know the official answer, but really, it's you game and you can certainly set it up this way if you want to. With all the other things that have been done to make the game easier such as the prodigy mode and immortal mode, doing this is not at all unreasonable. At least one full video series uses a single character but adds the fire and move to fire advantage of the custom character stating that he is only playing a single character.

Well he is playing wrong. Which is ok in the context of playing a game the way you enjoy it, but not if you're gonna spread misinformation to your viewers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
baba44713 wrote:
dugman wrote:

Only for custom character. But do what you like, it's not like rules police will come to your house.
yes they will
Please write your address here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gamer D

Monroeville
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jack Spirio wrote:
baba44713 wrote:
dugman wrote:

yes they will
Please write your address here

They’re like the Dream Police, only nerdier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls